Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

11 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Just tie up the stems with some string and drop it in the sauce. When done cooking you can discard the stems.

Interdasting.  Might try this next time.  I think it greatly depends on the thyme as to how easy the leaves come off.  My last batch just had such fragile stems that they kept breaking no matter what technique I tried.  But I’ve had it before where it came off pretty easy

mqphu48hynn21.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=46e88e4ab1023fdf5f28e102d3b7cc5b61373f8f

Saw this chicken dish on Reddit a couple days ago.  I'm going to try to recreate it tomorrow night.  Thinking I'll render down some bacon bits, then brown some bone-in chicken thighs in a dutch oven in the rendered fat, about 4 min/side.  I'll pull the chicken, then sweat some onion and shallots in the rendered fat.  Add some sliced mushrooms and whole grain mustard, then deglaze the pan with chardonnay and chicken broth.  After that reduces, I'll add the chicken back, skin side up, then put the lid on and cook for 20ish minutes to cook through.  I'll remove the lid and check the sauce.  Finish it with some dijon and heavy cream, maybe finish off heat with some cold butter if needed.  I've got some spinach tagliatelle to serve this with, but I would actually toss the pasta in the sauce, not serve on the side as shown above.  Oh yeah, add the crispy bacon bits back when plating.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

I bought some pork chops to pan fry and the meatmatician asked me if I wanted a few lamb lollipops for free, as they had been cut poorly from the rack and lost their shape. Said he couldn’t sell them. So, I naturally said yes. And proceeded to pan fry those too. Man, game changer.

31697400594d08aa5e45d36a6c652272.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So yesterday, I made a veggie-heavy dinner (trying to eat healthier at casa Brisket these days).  Butter beans, seasoned with just a bit of ham, and okra, indian-style (dry stir-fried with onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin seeds, etc).  It was all very tasty, and I thought it was a great dinner.

BUT.....if I eat that meal again, I'm pretty sure my wife will kick me not just out of the bedroom, but out of the house.  TCEQ may have been called out to our property for air quality monitoring, which we may have failed.  Damn.

beano Food Enzyme Dietary Supplement Tablets - 110ct - image 1 of 2

I'm too white for legumes now too.  I love baked beans, but they make me feel like I'm a pin-prick away from going full Mr. Creosote.  The worst gas pressure and pungency was actually caused by eating a dozen or so cloves of garlic from a crawfish boil.  That almost derailed our engagement permanently.

Edited by hopkinsnhorns

mqphu48hynn21.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=46e88e4ab1023fdf5f28e102d3b7cc5b61373f8f

Saw this chicken dish on Reddit a couple days ago.  I'm going to try to recreate it tomorrow night.  Thinking I'll render down some bacon bits, then brown some bone-in chicken thighs in a dutch oven in the rendered fat, about 4 min/side.  I'll pull the chicken, then sweat some onion and shallots in the rendered fat.  Add some sliced mushrooms and whole grain mustard, then deglaze the pan with chardonnay and chicken broth.  After that reduces, I'll add the chicken back, skin side up, then put the lid on and cook for 20ish minutes to cook through.  I'll remove the lid and check the sauce.  Finish it with some dijon and heavy cream, maybe finish off heat with some cold butter if needed.  I've got some spinach tagliatelle to serve this with, but I would actually toss the pasta in the sauce, not serve on the side as shown above.  Oh yeah, add the crispy bacon bits back when plating.

Any suggestions?

7f1bae7db3bde4e606d14fa793364e21.jpg
74d9d5eb79fd5a03a373907154888d2e.jpg

• Like 8

10/10, will make again. This combined two of my not so favorite ingredients (mustard and bone-in chicken thighs) and elevated them to a restaurant worthy meal. Used Maille whole grain mustard and some German whole grain mustard for the sauce before finishing with Dijon and some heavy cream. Finished with cold butter off heat to help bring the whole sauce together. Seasoned with a little thyme and cayenne.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, hopkinsnhorns said:

If I could have found boneless thighs w/ the skins, I would have gotten them. All the boneless ones at HEB we’re also skinless, and I was in too much of a hurry to debone 4 thighs.

Skinless chicken thighs should be sent into outer space, to find another race.

I don't want to quibble here, but it takes like 2 minutes to debone 4 thighs.  Either way, well done. I just feel a dogmatic need to defend chicken thighs when their virtue is called in to question. 

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Skinless chicken thighs should be sent into outer space, to find another race.

I don't want to quibble here, but it takes like 2 minutes to debone 4 thighs.  Either way, well done. I just feel a dogmatic need to defend chicken thighs when their virtue is called in to question. 

Yep.  It's easy enough to find leg/thighs together with skin on and separate them.  Or just get a whole chicken and break that fucker down.

19 hours ago, CenTXpony said:

Hey surly, I used to post on shag quite a bit but stopped when shit went down with the cuck that killed it, but actually moved to Austin now and planning to get back into posting more.

2eb8a91bcac479a4d928a3d1ac3a7279.jpg

Blue Crab Fondue

This is relevant to my interests. 

• Like 1

Scallops cooked perfectly get even married men blow jobs. 
Was looking to grab a few scallops to sear up to serve with this cauliflower rice recipe my wife found.  HEB was out of scallops so called an audible.  Mussels in white wine and tomato broth.

5236-DC6-E-D6-DF-4-FFA-BECD-98-AD83-C39-D0-A.jpg
0-F5-C9-F6-B-72-CF-4-C70-A640-2-FB2-E09-F4-F2-B.jpg
0-C4-F60-E9-775-B-4-F04-A51-D-1-E7810-D72-DB1.jpg
These two posts gave me a good chuckle. Shooters shoot.
  • Like 3