Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

1 hour ago, ERhine said:

Enjoy. You’ve forced yourself to drink good wine. #firstworldproblems

#wifewenttoseeludaandleftmewiththekidsproblems

In all seriousness, I can't remember having opah before. It was pretty damn good and will do again when I see it in the case.  Been doing a lot of seafood for lent, and trying to mix things up. Orange roughy, opah in addition to the standards of salmon, shrimp, etc. 

My wife is from Lafayette, so growing up her family would get stuff from Hebert’s periodically. I was clued in to it when I moved to Lafayette briefly after graduating from UT... Thankfully every city I’ve lived in post college has had one (Lafayette, Longview ((don’t know how one ended up there)) and Houston). Great place and those stuffed birds are damn good. 

27 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Thanks.   No rice but plenty of mushrooms, garlic and onions.  Nothing like some seared chicken thighs with a nice homemade sauce on top.

I believe the point he was attempting to make was that the sauce looks so amazing, he would have wanted rice to sop it all up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brock Sampson said:

recipe, por favor.

https://thedirtygyro.com/chicken-thighs-with-creamy-mushroom-garlic-sauce/

Loosely off of this recipe.  I doubled the mushrooms and garlic and added onions.  Then did my own mixture to season the thighs.  The sauce was so thick I could just sop it up with the chicken after cutting it.    

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 2

Why limit yourself? Celebrate the full form.
I roast a whole bird about twice a month. It's usually the base for four or five other meals (e.g., wings and legs a la carte, thighs on rice with grilled veggies, and breastesses sliced up for taco meat).
Here's last night's effort:
20190420-153620-Sharped.jpg

-rep for no tucked wings
  • Like 1

I still have yet to make a good enough gumbo to post or serve to a large group because my coon ass aunt makes the best I’ve ever had, and I have had a lot. I can’t compare yet, BUT I can do an Easter shrimp boil. One small pot for the kids (and a few weakling adults) and a larger spicy pot for the real adults.

5ef379495431be361145186759cb4e9a.jpg

a24d917eeb567817a3a1326dbf74832d.jpg

1ae7cd0b07ea4404961763854b7a6105.jpg

ecb6d1a6a849146eb726a6d65ff217d8.jpg

• Like 4

Pasta Aglio e Olio.

First, toast some garlic and pepper flake in EVOO while cooking a pot of linguine.

5f853961d14aee20d92129e8f3a77294.jpg

Stir in the cooked pasta, along with finely chopped parsley, juice of half a lemon, and some reserved pasta water. Toss over low heat, adding salt and pepper to taste.

0e8d70785717a148dc388b4259ee2423.jpg

Plate with everyone’s favorite, fresh grated Parmesan.

8dba3f2eee2e32938f5fafaa63d77dca.jpg

Badass. I love that shit