2018 Masters

markstanco

Sportscenter live from Augusta showed plenty of golf this morning/early afternoon.  Pretty sure I saw damn near every shot Tiger hit live.

Tiger was a featured group. We are going to miss most all of Jordan’s live shots tomorrow.

Spieth: 5 Masters, 9 rounds in the lead
Woods: 21 Masters, 9 rounds in the lead
This stat keeps getting plastered on golf channel. No idea why. Nobody cares who is winning after the 1st quarter of a football game. Jordan won't get a trophy for beating tiger to the punch of leading in 9 rounds.

Neat stat I guess, but very much so senseless.

So no way to watch Spieth tomorrow?

Not seeing a way to watch his front 9 unless they pull a last minute switch and kick off Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Nieman from being a morning featured group

You’ll be able to watch most of his back 9 though. Amen Corner and 15/16 hole streams will show every shot of his. Espn coverage will start at 2 central and he’ll probably be on 15 or 16 at that point if the pace is similar to Thursday.

Unfuckingbelievable how good Jordan is at Augusta. Probably been discussed on this thread, but the fact that he has been in the lead after 9 of his 17 rounds at Augusta is insane. I think the number I heard yesterday that Tiger has led after 9 rounds, but it took 59 rounds for Tiger to get there. 

6 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Not seeing a way to watch his front 9 unless they pull a last minute switch and kick off Fred Couples, Haotong Li, Joaquin Nieman from being a morning featured group

You’ll be able to watch most of his back 9 though. Amen Corner and 15/16 hole streams will show every shot of his. Espn coverage will start at 2 central and he’ll probably be on 15 or 16 at that point if the pace is similar to Thursday.

Download the masters app and you Will be able to watch a lot of the front 9.  I imagine Jordan will be in a featured group

12 minutes ago, SameSame said:

That we can't watch Jordan, but they're going to feature Fred Couples old ass taking a shit on himself is just asinine. 

With all the cameras they have, what is asinine is that they show only a couple of groups and they the predetermine which groups they show.
Although it isn't full round coverage, at least they show all of amen corner and 15&16

Unfuckingbelievable how good Jordan is at Augusta. Probably been discussed on this thread, but the fact that he has been in the lead after 9 of his 17 rounds at Augusta is insane. I think the number I heard yesterday that Tiger has led after 9 rounds, but it took 59 rounds for Tiger to get there. 

It has been mentioned, and yes it is remarkable but I too am getting tired of hearing it.. like was said upthread, no one gives a shit who was leading after the first quarter.
Although.... did you know Rory has ended up winning the last four majors where he made it into the top 5 after the first round!!!

But seriously, should be a fun ride.
There are two things I’d like to see for the weekend:
1. An odd number of players make the cut
2. Spieth/McIlroy final pairing Sunday
Pretty incredible the list of names Spieth’s been paired with on Sunday in only 4 appearances at Augusta:
2014: Spieth/Bubba (final group)
2015: Spieth/Rose (final group)
2016: Spieth/Kaufman-ok, maybe not (final group)
2017: Spieth/Fowler (2nd to last group)

Everyone is aware that it is Augusta National GC who determines the featured pairings, right? They will likely never waiver in their tradition of highlighting a past champion (Couples) playing with a couple young up & comers.

As with all things at Augusta, you'll see what they want you to see and like it.

17 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Freddie Couples is a fan favorite among the olds. He was lefty before lefty.

I'm one of the olds, and Lefty never came close to having the cool factor that Freddie had (fuck that he still has it)

That being said, as much as I'm a huge Freddie fan, I've always thought that he did less with more talent than many other players. But I don't think he was as driven by winning. Hell in an interview the last time he was on the leaderboard (maybe 5 years ago), he said if he won another Masters he'd quit playing and just show up every year at Augusta. And I believe he meant it.

8 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm one of the olds, and Lefty never came close to having the cool factor that Freddie had (fuck that he still has it)

That being said, as much as I'm a huge Freddie fan, I've always thought that he did less with more talent than many other players. But I don't think he was as driven by winning. Hell in an interview the last time he was on the leaderboard (maybe 5 years ago), he said if he won another Masters he'd quit playing and just show up every year at Augusta. And I believe he meant it.

People always blamed his back not letting him practice as much as others, but it's hard to tell if that was legit or an adoring media building a narrative for underachievement.  But he was certainly good enough to have won considerably more.