Dallas Stars 2019-2020 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:
3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:
I wasn’t nervous at all. I knew we’d win. 
This is so weird. But this team has me believing. 

I am normally pessimistic, but wasn't at all tonight, even at 2-0. It was weird.

I can't say the same. I was prepared for it to go to 6. 

4 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

Stanley Cup Finals

I went to 1 game in 99 and 2 games in 00.  Lost all three.  I don't expect I will be able to attend a game this time.

I was at game 5? in 99.  It was bonkers. 
was also at wcf game 7 vs col. Reunion was a madhouse once keaner started scoring and never settled down. 

I cannot fathom a live sporting event more fun to be at than a stanley cup finals game that your team wins. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I was at game 5? in 99.  It was bonkers. 
was also at wcf game 7 vs col. Reunion was a madhouse once keaner started scoring and never settled down. 

I cannot fathom a live sporting event more fun to be at than a stanley cup finals game that your team wins. 

God, Reunion was amazing at those late 90’s playoff games. So much cheap alcohol and close quarters.
Players fighting on the ice and people mixing it up in the stands. 

• Hook 'Em 1

God, Reunion was amazing at those late 90’s playoff games. So much cheap alcohol and close quarters.
Players fighting on the ice and people mixing it up in the stands. 
If you listened to 570 klif at the right time you could call and get nose bleeds at $5.70, and i did a bunch. Fresh out of college and broke as a joke.

CSB, I had a stars T I wore a lot. During the playoff run I didn't wash it, and always wore it GameDay under a golf shirt. Even on a weekend when I had to mow I wore it. Fabreeze or whatever that stuff was was my washing machine.

Yall can thank me for that Stanco Cup.
  • Like 1

I will never forget where I was when that winning goal in ‘99 went in...

I had been on my second date with this chick, she lived in McKinney and after our early dinner we went back to her house. I did sinful things to her then settled in to watch the Stars game.

She fell asleep and I watched the game sitting on the edge of her bed with the sound turned low. Then when Hull scored I screamed and started jumping up and down on the bed and she was freaking out that I was doing that.

Had sex didn’t care...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

1999 Stanley Cup was THE childhood trophy for me (I was In elementary school when the cowboys went on their run). Stayed up super late with my dad for all the west coast overtimes. Avs series was so intense. Skate in the crease and the Stars win the cup!

After they won the cup, I stayed up late consuming anything and everything I could find. The ticket postgame show went on forever, and Ed belfour did an interview at like 1 am that was legendary. He was hammered and so uncharacteristically chatty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

How were you feeling at 0-2? 
I fixed that as well. Me and a buddy was watching on a friends 87 foot house boat Saturday at lake degray. He was wearing a dallas stars tank top jersey which I didn't know existed. That jersey says "I love the stars but I may want to go 3 on 3 half court later tonight"

1st few in the 3rd i called him and asked if he was wearing his baskethockey jersey, said no. He put it on, and lights.