Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

19 minutes ago, G650 said:

@Anastasisis part of that subset of the populace that is comprised almost wholly of IT guys and people who think Dilbert is funny, and harbor a wildly irrational view of what the IC is and what they do, with all sorts of half baked Libertarian theories. It's an unintentionally hilarious group that thinks they have cottoned on to some subtle truth that everyone else has just conveniently missed, even those of us who have studied this sort of thing in depth.

There really isn't much subtlety in truth required.  You don't have to dig very deep to find all the examples of the CIA and other IC organizations acting as the tip of the spear in promoting American values and democracy worldwide. And if you disagree with that, I have a rag and a bottle of water right here to help convince you.  

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There really isn't much subtlety in truth required.  You don't have to dig very deep to find all the examples of the CIA and other IC organizations acting as the tip of the spear in promoting American values and democracy worldwide. And if you disagree with that, I have a rag and a bottle of water right here to help convince you.  

The IC can suck all they want but that isn’t the point here and you know it.

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we squint real hard and turn our head sideways, we can look past Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney and can blame the IC for Iraq!!! 

• Like 5

Just now, Anastasis said:

I am not asking you to look past any of them in fact. 

Then you shouldn’t look past the current executive in charge when we’ve got public servants in the IC stepping up and letting you know the executive is currently shitting the bed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Then you shouldn’t look past the current executive in charge when we’ve got public servants in the IC stepping up and letting you know the executive is currently shitting the bed

I am not asking you to look past that either.  What I am suggesting is that you might want to consider the current context and timing of these thinly sourced reports and the potential that they are being used to influence certain aspects of American foreign policy. 

Edited by Anastasis

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am not asking you to look past that either.  What I am suggesting is that you might want to consider the current context and timing of these thinly sourced reports and the potential that they are being used to influence certain aspects of American foreign policy. 

Awe yes!! Because if we pretend this info was designed to somehow initiate shock and awe 2.0, we can ignore the trump foreign policy of catering to authoritarians.

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

That's been done, and your theory has been deemed ridiculous. Start a new thread if you want a place to frappe that horse.

• Like 2

I know, anything less than uncritical acceptance of thinly sourced reports coincidentally timed for release as pivotal junctures related to withdrawal from Afghanistan is trolling.

Cause I mean, this stuff could never influence political posturing related to troop withdrawals from Afghanistan, right?

In a statement in response to questions, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, said he had long warned about Russia’s work to undermine American interests in the Middle East and southwest Asia and noted that he wrote an amendment last year rebuking Mr. Trump’s withdrawal of forces from Syria and Afghanistan.

“The United States needs to prioritize defense resources, maintain a sufficient regional military presence and continue to impose serious consequences on those who threaten us and our allies — like our strikes in Syria and Afghanistan against ISIS, the Taliban and Russian mercenary forces that threatened our partners,” Mr. McConnell said.

I know, anything less than uncritical acceptance of thinly sourced reports coincidentally timed for release as pivotal junctures related to withdrawal from Afghanistan is trolling.

Cause I mean, this stuff could never influence political posturing related to troop withdrawals from Afghanistan, right?

In a statement in response to questions, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, said he had long warned about Russia’s work to undermine American interests in the Middle East and southwest Asia and noted that he wrote an amendment last year rebuking Mr. Trump’s withdrawal of forces from Syria and Afghanistan.

“The United States needs to prioritize defense resources, maintain a sufficient regional military presence and continue to impose serious consequences on those who threaten us and our allies — like our strikes in Syria and Afghanistan against ISIS, the Taliban and Russian mercenary forces that threatened our partners,” Mr. McConnell said.

No intentionally ignoring the point is trolling.

What point am I ignoring?  I've said that it should be investigated in an open and transparent setting.  If the intel is solid, and the President ignored his briefings on the matter, it should be brought out in very clear terms by people willing to stand with their name behind it, and heads should roll. But I don't really think that that is the objective here. Let's see how it plays out. 

8 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What point am I ignoring?  I've said that it should be investigated in an open and transparent setting.  If the intel is solid, and the President ignored his briefings on the matter, it should be brought out in very clear terms by people willing to stand with their name behind it, and heads should roll. But I don't really think that that is the objective here. Let's see how it plays out. 

sure jan GIF

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I've been laughing at this all day.

Getting a crowd full of trump rednecks to chant "Chinese people what we gonna do... Nuke 'em up like in World War II" just encapsulates trump American rednecks' stupidity and evil callousness perfectly. 

• Like 1

How hard is it to keep a thread about the worst fucking president in our history on-track? This silly motherfucker does not care about any of the American soldiers that are the targets of those bounties. Somehow though this is just another thing to throw on the pile of awful things this narcissistic shitstain has allowed to happen. The election can’t get here soon enough.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The objective of the WH is to get Trump a "win" with a peace deal with the Taliban. Given that objective, their move to say, "yeah, we know, but we didn't tell Donny" tells us all we need to know about whether this happened. If it was a baseless report, Ratcliffe and McEnany would've said so.

Instead they went to the lie their most likely to get away with. They had time to wind up for a kill shot at the NYT, if this was incorrect. They didn't. Your obsession is making you dismiss the obvious for the nonsensically devious.

36 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Remember when you said you'd be happy to do this in a new thread?

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This needs to run on Fox News. 

From the comments to the Winslow video:

I had never bothered to listen to this dumbshit during the Obama presidency, but holy shit - that's fucking amazing.  

Edit: To be clear, this is pieced together from Trump's rants on a number of different people / situations.  It's still amazing that all of his accusations end up being so squarely applicable to him.  Dude is fucking master of projection. 

Edited by Gap03
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No conversation is made better through intellectual dishonesty. 

Wrong again. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong. Because you’re right.

But the net is the anonymous bathroom wall of conversation. As long as it’s halfway interesting, it can still work.

2 hours ago, G650 said:

@Anastasisis part of that subset of the populace that is comprised almost wholly of IT guys and people who think Dilbert is funny, and harbor a wildly irrational view of what the IC is and what they do, with all sorts of half baked Libertarian theories. It's an unintentionally hilarious group that thinks they have cottoned on to some subtle truth that everyone else has just conveniently missed, even those of us who have studied this sort of thing in depth.

This post is too good to be just left on the prior page of this fast moving thread. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Sorry bro. I keep getting notifications to this thread. 

Just fucking with you.

I actually do agree with most of your takes on this subject. It's why Obama didn't get my vote the 2nd time (voted 3rd party then walked out of the booth with a shirt that says "I'm smarter than everyone"). I think you use it as a bit of a both-siderism crutch at times, but I appreciate the ability to keep their eye on the ball on this type of stuff. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to choose between two candidates who will keep the military-industrial complex rolling along, but we do. I think you catch backlash because it feels like an equivocation of an absolutely terrible piece of shit (Trump) vs. a good old boy typical politician who is way, way less of a piece of shit.

But with this being as important as it is to you, you probably should have primaried for Bernie. I did, because he's the only politician I've seen that has walked the walk on all of this shit. I think that's why I find your dedication to this a bit disingenuous. Bernie is the only candidate in my lifetime that is serious about reducing the M/I complex, and I'm pretty confident you never, ever considered him.

And now I'm contributing to the threadjack. Oops. But yeah, maybe a new thread.

Edited by BradInATX

I wouldn’t pull the lever for either voluntarily, but out a gun to my head and could choke down a vote for Bernie even though I disagree with a good many of his positions. He at least believes what he says and has been a clear and consistent voice on a range of topics. I can respect that even if I don’t agree with all of the positions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This post is too good to be just left on the prior page of this fast moving thread. 

The left falling into an uncritical lock step with the CIA has been one of the more unexpected alignments of the trump years from my perspective. 

• Like 1

The left falling into an uncritical lock step with the CIA has been one of the more unexpected alignments of the trump years from my perspective. 

A. I’m not the left.

B. How does my post align me with the CIA?

C. Trump fucking sucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Have not made a final decision, but at this point Willie is not a bad default. 

I know you aren’t voting for Biden, and I guess I’ll take you at your word for some reason that you’re not voting for trump.

If Willie was the president the Coronavirus wouldn’t be out of control, so I guess that will just have to do. Can’t win em all. 

Anastasis is right that the intelligence community has historically been of a more reactionary than progressive bent.  To include FBI's domestic intelligence operation.  And that transcends administrations, because 99.9% of them are not political appointments.

Church Commission out front should have told you.  And I'm not sure the Church Commission actually fixed anything, just the outward manifestations.

And, the intelligence community doesn't necessarily have the greatest rep for reliability.

At this point, though, Trump is hung because whether the intel is any good or not, he ignored it.  And it is a nasty piece of intel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Anastasis is right that the intelligence community has historically been of a more reactionary than progressive bent.  To include FBI's domestic intelligence operation.  And that transcends administrations, because 99.9% of them are not political appointments.

Church Commission out front should have told you.  And I'm not sure the Church Commission actually fixed anything, just the outward manifestations.

And, the intelligence community doesn't necessarily have the greatest rep for reliability.

At this point, though, Trump is hung because whether the intel is any good or not, he ignored it.  And it is a nasty piece of intel.

Trump ignores it because Putin OWNS HIM. Nothing could be more obvious than that. The president of the United States is owned by a foreign power. If the Russians want to kill American troops he is powerless to do anything about it because they OWN HIM. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t ascribe to the lesser of two evils voting approach. It’s not my brain that is broke. 

So it's your moral compass that's broken?  OK, but it's really both.

Please, type out some more verbal diarrhea that vaguely hints at a vast undertheory of malfeasance, and then could you get me a slice?  Try not to touch the little ones.

• Like 1