US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump administration couldn’t conceal dead Americans but he could conceal how they died at least for a little while.  

There is no reason to trust anything coming out of this White House. 

They couldn’t conceal that.  They are fucking idiots.   His administration leaks like a sieve.  

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Naive questions: how far are these missiles traveling? How long are they in the air? Surely we have the technology to know as soon as missiles have been launched, of nearly any kind, right? So we likely had time to get people out of harm's way, no?

It depends. Ballistic, yes, we would would have indicators that they were launched pretty quickly. If they used cruise missiles, it’s harder due to their flatter flight profile. The bigger problem is even with a heads up for a ballistic missile, they don’t have really significant protections for those if they get a direct hit. Most of the bunkers over there just aren’t that hardened, they were set up for mortars and smaller rockets. 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump administration couldn’t conceal dead Americans.   

They can easily conceal it. I know for a fact they already do with friendly fire incidents. Anybody who was killed in the bombing they can just report their death as coming from an unrelated insurgent strike or attack in the coming days while maintaining no Americans died in this attack to save face. 

When you're over there you have zero protection. Your commanding officer could put a bullet right through your fucking head and they would just tell your family you died a hero in an insurgent raid. None of your family or friends or anybody who gives a shit about you know where you're at or what you're doing so it's really easy to conceal. The only problem is other soldiers but unless they want the same thing they'll keep their fucking mouth shut

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

You guys are hilarious. Short of a foreign power literally invading US soil, we will never see a draft in this country again. There’s no need for that volume of troops given how warfare has evolved. 

We are aware. The military is gonna burn through volunteers given the kind of war we'd be fighting against Iran though.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They couldn’t conceal that.  They are fucking idiots.   His administration leaks like a sieve.  

I seem to recall a whistleblower with damaging  information that was otherwise not leaked. 

How about Trump’s taxes that haven’t been leaked?  Or the literal transcript of the Ukraine call?  Still not leaked. 

As incompetent as this administration is, they are good at controlling media narratives and manipulating public perception.

Mohsen Rezaei, former chief of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards:

Iran’s revenge against America for the assassination of Soleimani will be severe... Haifa and Israeli military centers will be included in the retaliation.

The Iranian people better hope that Rezaei doesn’t speak for their leadership. If Iran directly attacks Israel proper—including the deliberate targeting of a city—the Israeli response would be devastating to Iran, to say nothing of what we would do.

The Iranians are brazen, but not stupid…..right?

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They can easily conceal it. I know for a fact they already do with friendly fire incidents. Anybody who was killed in the bombing they can just report their death as coming from an unrelated insurgent strike or attack in the coming days while maintaining no Americans died in this attack to save face. 

When you're over there you have zero protection. Your commanding officer could put a bullet right through your fucking head and they would just tell your family you died a hero in an insurgent raid. None of your family or friends or anybody who gives a shit about you know where you're at or what you're doing so it's really easy to conceal. The only problem is other soldiers but unless they want the same thing they'll keep their fucking mouth shut

Give me a fucking break. The only thing that keeps soldiers from blabbing to friends and families after an attack is by the command group shutting down the internet for a comms blackout until next of kin can be notified. The second it’s turned back up, everyone knows what happened. Soldiers would not put up with the blue falcon bullshit you’re talking about.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I seem to recall a whistleblower with damaging  information that was otherwise not leaked. 

How about Trump’s taxes that haven’t been leaked?  Or the literal transcript of the Ukraine call?  Still not leaked. 

As incompetent as this administration is, they are good at controlling media narratives and manipulating public perception.

Stfu already Hugo. We are not hiding dead bodies in Iraq. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You guys are hilarious. Short of a foreign power literally invading US soil, we will never see a draft in this country again. There’s no need for that volume of troops given how warfare has evolved. 

It should be mandatory anytime there's a large-scale military operation

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Give me a fucking break. The only thing that keeps soldiers from blabbing to friends and families after an attack is by the command group shutting down the internet for a comms blackout until next of kin can be notified. The second it’s turned back up, everyone knows what happened. Soldiers would not put up with the blue falcon bullshit you’re talking about.  

and all of the 82nd guys deployed yesterday had their cell phones confiscated. 

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

and all of the 82nd guys deployed yesterday had their cell phones confiscated. 

FOBs have internet, it has jack shit to do with cell phones. The 82nd taking phones is to maintain OPSEC because they know soldiers can’t keep their mouths shut. They won’t have comms until they get wherever they are going. At that point, they will have NIPR at a minimum, which can get info out. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

That's what they want. The US is fully alienated from it's allies thanks to GWB and trump. If we go full bore into Iran we'll have zero support and Iran will have the backing of Russian and China to keep bleeding us. You think Britain/France/Germany are going to sacrifice shit to help the US in this one? 

Iran/Russia/China want a war with the US where the US is stuck supplying yet another middle eastern war all alone with zero help while those countries keep taking pot shots. I wouldn't be surprised if right now Iranian suicide bombing aren't being planned for attacks inside the US. Hitting places like trump tower in NY and trump hotel in Vegas would be fantastic symbolic sites. Whatever causes the most fear and turmoil inside the US while simultaneously draining US forces in Iran/Iraq benefits Iran/Russia/China the most. 

The playbook is simple at this point for them. The US is isolated and divided. Hatred is reigning supreme along with outright propaganda and corruption. 

Read the story by Jacob Riis about the rock hammer if you want to see exactly how Russia/China are taking the US down slowly. 

yeah pretty much all of this. If I am China why would I ever be dumb enough to engage the US? A complete waste. I'd rather their archaic government run the same 3rd and long play over and over again, and chase oil in a fuckstorm in the dessert, while we green up. Russia is just along for the ride and doing whatever their resources allow them to do, honestly, with tons of money flowing to the 100 guys who run Russia anyway.

And here we are. Again, and for the last 20 years, blowing up shit in the ME. Oil. Oil?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Just now, TXSG8R said:

FOBs have internet, it has jack shit to do with cell phones. The 82nd taking phones is to maintain OPSEC because they know soldiers can’t keep their mouths shut. They won’t have comms until they get wherever they are going. At that point, they will have NIPR at a minimum, which can get info out. 

bullshit.  It's so they don't have cameras to video war crimes being committed. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

They already do in friendly fire incidents. They'll blab about operations and things that won't get them killed if they blab about but something they know will get them killed or severely punished if they leak they keep it shut. It's the same way with law enforcement agencies. Corrupt cops operate in many areas with impunity because a cop knows if he talks he's not coming back from his next shift. It's well documented and is even easier to control in the military than it is with police. 

If you think that isn't happening occasionally you're naive. It's not massively wide spread but it does happen, and on official narratives like this it's very easy to just put the deaths of servicemen in this blast on another cause. 

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

bullshit.  It's so they don't have cameras to video war crimes being committed. 

Lol, soldiers literally carry around android devices to put info into stuff like TIGR.  Stop spewing bullshit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Naive questions: how far are these missiles traveling? How long are they in the air? Surely we have the technology to know as soon as missiles have been launched, of nearly any kind, right? So we likely had time to get people out of harm's way, no?

From my understanding they have a broad range of older theater stuff like upgraded Scuds, some very accurate cruise missiles like those used against the Saudi’s and a growing array of 1,000+ mile ballistic missiles.  
As far as I know there are no ICBM capabilities so whoever a couple pages ago was posting about casually tossing warheads over the ISS like Dak overthrowing Cooper is probably full of shit...I bet we can engage most of their weapons defensively. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remember the four dead green berets in Niger and how long it took for the real details about how they died to surface?  That’s the kind of conceal I’m talking about. 

This came out pretty quick. Allies were involved, etc. The names took a bit longer. 

Now the SF Sgt. killed by the Seals was kept quiet for a longer time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That’s a great way for an epic GOP asskicking at the polls in November.   They have done a dumpster fire of a job of trying to sell Americans on a war with Iran, and all most Americans will understand is that we killed one of their top generals, so they struck back at us.    Trying to explain the dead general’s involvement in a proxy war in Iraq between the Saudis and Iranians to the average American is like trying to explain how an iPhone is designed and manufactured.   Their eyes will glaze over.   

Americans understand that we killed an Iranian general.   Trying to explain that he was such a bad guy, that he should have been killed long before now, when Trump has had three years, and Obama and Bush had a dozen, is going to make their eyes glaze over, because they’d never heard of him before he was assassinated.   

All we heard throughout the GOP primaries  leading up to the 2016 election was  that nominating Trump was a  death blow to the GOP and would certainly hand the election to Clinton. Yet somehow 60+million Americans voted for a fucking moron. Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American. 

They are paying extremely close attention and while they don’t like the Democratic Party they seem to view the GOP as an existential threat.

This. My kids are jaded, and don’t trust shit from any authority figure...but they know the GOP is shit. Seriously, they are of a demographic that should at least be potential GOP voters, and I’m confident that neither of them will ever vote for a GOP candidate for any office, down to dogcatcher.

They see the GOP as the party of war, cruelty, and racism - which isn’t hard, as they fucking brag about that shit.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They already do in friendly fire incidents. They'll blab about operations and things that won't get them killed if they blab about but something they know will get them killed or severely punished if they leak they keep it shut. It's the same way with law enforcement agencies. Corrupt cops operate in many areas with impunity because a cop knows if he talks he's not coming back from his next shift. It's well documented and is even easier to control in the military than it is with police. 

If you think that isn't happening occasionally you're naive. It's not massively wide spread but it does happen, and on official narratives like this it's very easy to just put the deaths of servicemen in this blast on another cause. 

Yea, you’ve never been around soldiers, especially at a FOB. What you’re describing is stuff that can happen in the SOC. Those guys live and work well beyond soldiering norms. Things aren’t easier to control in the military because outside of operators, soldiers are pretty normal people. Outside of the SOC, you aren’t dealing with a bunch of us against the world mentalities. There are a bunch of non-kinetic jobs in the military, and they aren’t going to put up with the bullshit you’re talking about. I work on a base every day, and have been around soldiers all my life. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, heso said:

Fox News pumping for escalating things. Calling for the US to launch cruise missiles and target Iranian oil facilities and missile launch sites. 

Trump's briefing. Insane. There's a clear path to deescalation now but I have no idea what happens. Probably a coin flip whether this escalates to a full scale war. Remember, one side is full of religious extremists intent on bring about the final battle...and the other side is an Islamic republic. These aren't rational people we're dealing with.

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Those are military issue devices operating on a closed circuit for a specified purpose without access to the entire web. 

Correct, Gil said their phones were confiscated to keep them from recording war crimes. Pretty fucking silly considering they carry govt issue devices that can record war crimes. 

and I should add, that “closed circuit” can be exploited by something as simple as a thumb drive. 

Edited by TXSG8R

Whatever we think of Trump, politics, etc., zero casualties is an absolute godsend. It's fantastic news. It leaves a path to de-escalation for both sides, and no Americans are dead. This is good news for every American.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They see the GOP as the party of war, cruelty, and racism 

The GOP's marketing team should all get raises. They've effectively communicated their message and their values to America. 

ETA: You forgot unbridled greed, which is what really drives the party. War, cruelty, and racism are just the ways the rich get the hicks to vote with them.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Whatever we think of Trump, politics, etc., zero casualties is an absolute godsend. It's fantastic news. It leaves a path to de-escalation for both sides, and no Americans are dead. This is good news for every American.

Yes, to de-escalate the situation, we just need Trump to not retaliate. Fuck

This is how these fucking morons think.
Various reports on Twitter that Iran has said this it and there will me no more if US doesn't respond. Trump has an offramp. Hope he takes it.

I hope like hell. But I’m not counting on it.

Gorka is a sex clown who parks his shitty V6 mustang on the sidewalk.

I enjoyed this post. Hat-tip.
Fox News pumping for escalating things. Calling for the US to launch cruise missiles and target Iranian oil facilities and missile launch sites. 

Fox News is a fucking terrorist organization.
  • Like 1