Jump to content
tx 3 putt

The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

Recommended Posts

This is going to be one hell of a circus. Let the games begin !

please, please let witnesses testify 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go McConnell, you can start here if you have a shred of integrity, even the tiniest bit

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by pacman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This will be a very short thread.

FIFY For very obvious reasons. The only question is how much Republicans hurt themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a complete sham trial. The Republicans in the Senate have already cast their votes. No amount of evidence or witness testimony is going to change the minds of Trump supporters. We just have to record the corruption for the sake of future generations and hope they can learn from it and do something to prevent it from happening again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Tuesday or whatever day it begins, I plan to buy a large box of Chicken Express for Jobu. 
 

Going to hit up one of my friends that’s into essential oils, too. There’s gotta be something in their snake oil beliefs that covers this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

On Tuesday or whatever day it begins, I plan to buy a large box of Chicken Express for Jobu. 
 

Going to hit up one of my friends that’s into essential oils, too. There’s gotta be something in their snake oil beliefs that covers this.

 

 

Deadly Nightshade? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

In on the last whimper of our republic

I agree. Why have a senate if they refuse to do their job and simply rubber stamp this trial ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I agree. Why have a senate if they refuse to do their job and simply rubber stamp this trial ?

this is my biggest struggle. even amash saw the light on this president. but mcconnell is playing the long game for the judiciary, i get that. also, he is blatantly corrupt, as is his wife. but why cannot some of the other republican senators get some religion?

the only conclusion i can come up with is that they all bathe in that dark russian nra campaign money, and they have no choice but to go along with trump or be unmasked as being as nakedly corrupt as the president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is my biggest struggle. even amash saw the light on this president. but mcconnell is playing the long game for the judiciary, i get that. also, he is blatantly corrupt, as is his wife. but why cannot some of the other republican senators get some religion?

the only conclusion i can come up with is that they all bathe in that dark russian nra campaign money, and they have no choice but to go along with trump or be unmasked as being as nakedly corrupt as the president.

Yep. I think it really is this simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is my biggest struggle. even amash saw the light on this president. but mcconnell is playing the long game for the judiciary, i get that. also, he is blatantly corrupt, as is his wife. but why cannot some of the other republican senators get some religion?

the only conclusion i can come up with is that they all bathe in that dark russian nra campaign money, and they have no choice but to go along with trump or be unmasked as being as nakedly corrupt as the president.

The GOP took money from Parnas and Fruman too - do you believe that’s the only foreign money that found its way to candidates? The Mercer’s and Koch’s aren’t funding everyone’s Super PAC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

And the rest of us lose.

We can always vote him out of office.

Even if we don't, he won't be president in the not too distant future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in favor of the most shallow, quick impeachment trial possible.  No witnesses, just opening statements and a vote.  Get it over with.  At least at that point the brazen corruption will be on record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

On Tuesday or whatever day it begins, I plan to buy a large box of Chicken Express for Jobu. 
 

Going to hit up one of my friends that’s into essential oils, too. There’s gotta be something in their snake oil beliefs that covers this.

 

 

Over use of Tumeric will make ya orange. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm in favor of the most shallow, quick impeachment trial possible.  No witnesses, just opening statements and a vote.  Get it over with.  At least at that point the brazen corruption will be on record.

Define "on record".
The general always Trump supports won't give a shit.
The never Trumpers won't give a shit.

Pelosi warned about going down this road but nobody listens. As much as Republicans like to bitch about her, they usually fail to realize what a great leader she is at keeping her people in line (turtle boy is the same way) and she was kinda right about impeachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

the only conclusion i can come up with is that they all bathe in that dark russian nra campaign money, and they have no choice but to go along with trump or be unmasked as being as nakedly corrupt as the president.

If shit canning trump was polling well in Kentucky, Moscow Mitch would see the senate sent him packing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Define "on record".
The general always Trump supports won't give a shit.
The never Trumpers won't give a shit.

I think that's a perfectly justifiable, nihilistic way to look at things, but I also see plenty of evidence that certain demographics are shifting.  Now, that should be cautioned by two things:  (1) the generally "liberal" press is not as likely to report shifts towards Trump as away, and (2) as we well know, people often say one thing and vote another.

That said, it's not all dismiss-able with a wave of the hand.  Some of it matters.  They key is, how much, and in which direction?  I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If shit canning trump was polling well in Kentucky, Moscow Mitch would see the senate sent him packing. 

It's also easier to take that tact when you have a propaganda machine directing the people and controlling that polling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^i'm negging these two posts for being 100% empty of any kind of substance. 

and i try not to neg on the politics board.

Edited by hayden_horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Waiting for Chrispy, Chrispy. or Chrispy* to wade swim in

Changed method of locomotion for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hayden_horn said:

^i'm negging this post for being 100% empty of any kind of substance. 

and i try not to neg on the politics board.

lulz you and the rest of y'all will - justify it however you like. 

I saw you didn't neg the high substance posts like - 

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

wat

 

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

The fix is in.

 

4 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

TEXAS!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zavala said:

lulz you and the rest of y'all will - justify it however you like. 

I saw you didn't neg the high substance posts like - 

 

 

 

consider it an invitation not to spam the board with silly memes.

and you are correct, i did not neg those posts because those aren't troll posts. i know trying to explain the distinction to you is a fool's errand, so just take it under advisement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

lulz you and the rest of y'all will - justify it however you like. 

I saw you didn't neg the high substance posts like - 

 

 

 

Obviously you've never spent any time on gameday threads.

 

TEXAS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This bitch. 

 

She's warming up her brow for some deep furrowing before she votes to acquit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

lulz you and the rest of y'all will - justify it however you like. 

I saw you didn't neg the high substance posts like - 

 

 

 

why don't you try adding actual value instead of running to Republican-Approved Victim Complexing ®.  see if you get negged.  people would be interested to see what a real defense of trump looks like.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

consider it an invitation not to spam the board with silly memes.

and you are correct, i did not neg those posts because those aren't troll posts. i know trying to explain the distinction to you is a fool's errand, so just take it under advisement. 

Right wing = silly memes and trolls!

Left wing = just havin' a good time

Why couldn't I just allow the echo chamber here to go back to continue the regularly scheduled programming.

Give us your prediction, is it the same as the Robert Mueller investigation predictions? I was told a range from 6 months to a year when the investigation started that Trump would be in handcuffs lol.

I predicted it would be a nothing burger that was just dragged out as long as possible to try and keep the media spin negative. 2.5 years later, that is exactly what happened. The media story is "Trump committed treason but got away with it"! lulz

This sham will be no different. It's going to be a bunch of boring nothing burgers that will be spun by the media as IT'S OVER TRUMP IS FINISHED over and over. Feeding the thirst for blood of TDS people, but never actually giving them the death blow they are after. Nothing happened in the "whistleblower" testimonies. Nothing will happen with this either. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

why don't you try adding actual value instead of running to Republican-Approved Victim Complexing ®.  see if you get negged.  people would be interested to see what a real defense of trump looks like.  

Give me your prediction

My prediction - there's going to be an attempt by the media to make people care, and a few boring hearings later nothing will happen to Trump. Same with the Mueller investigation, same with the House hearings. 

It's also not going to win Biden 2020. 

They will come up with a continuous stream of bullshit to throw at the wall to see if anything sticks, but attempting to use a special council and an impeachment to throw dirt will be a mistake. It's crying wolf. 

 

Edited by Zavala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Right wing = silly memes and trolls!

Left wing = just havin' a good time

Why couldn't I just allow the echo chamber here to go back to continue the regularly scheduled programming.

Give us your prediction, is it the same as the Robert Mueller investigation predictions? I was told a range from 6 months to a year when the investigation started that Trump would be in handcuffs lol.

I predicted it would be a nothing burger that was just dragged out as long as possible to try and keep the media spin negative. 2.5 years later, that is exactly what happened. The media story is "Trump committed treason but got away with it"! lulz

This sham will be no different. It's going to be a bunch of boring nothing burgers that will be spun by the media as IT'S OVER TRUMP IS FINISHED over and over. Feeding the thirst for blood of TDS people, but never actually giving them the death blow they are after. Nothing happened in the "whistleblower" testimonies. Nothing will happen with this either. 

 

like i said, explaining the difference would be a fool's errand. repeat posts of memes is considered trolling on nearly every board out there.

however, since you are appearing to try to engage in a meaningful discussion, i'll give you a respectable answer:

my prediction is that the senate and mcconnell will engage in a rolling cover up of "it does not matter" nonsense, like you have done in your post just now. the mueller investigation highlighted that our president is a criminal engaging in criminal acts, and only was not indicted because the office of president is above indictment as a policy. but you ignore that.

just like mitch mcconnell will ignore the facts and try to hand wave everything away, and whip his thin majority into lockstep. the president will not be removed.

and you'll keep claiming "nothingburger" despite the mountain of evidence that our president is a criminal worse than nixon. he's the most crooked president we have ever had. if the republicans had any sense of morality, they would remove him from office. what's so bad about pence?

but none of it matters.

i still think he loses in november, for the record, if the democrats can stay on message and not slam their face into the sidewalk. but then that's expecting a hell of a lot out of the democrats, who seem to spend 25% of their time picking themselves up from the sidewalk and scraping themselves off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

like i said, explaining the difference would be a fool's errand. repeat posts of memes is considered trolling on nearly every board out there.

however, since you are appearing to try to engage in a meaningful discussion, i'll give you a respectable answer:

my prediction is that the senate and mcconnell will engage in a rolling cover up of "it does not matter" nonsense, like you have done in your post just now. the mueller investigation highlighted that our president is a criminal engaging in criminal acts, and only was not indicted because the office of president is above indictment as a policy. but you ignore that.

just like mitch mcconnell will ignore the facts and try to hand wave everything away, and whip his thin majority into lockstep. the president will not be removed.

and you'll keep claiming "nothingburger" despite the mountain of evidence that our president is a criminal worse than nixon. he's the most crooked president we have ever had. if the republicans had any sense of morality, they would remove him from office. what's so bad about pence?

but none of it matters.

i still think he loses in november, for the record, if the democrats can stay on message and not slam their face into the sidewalk. but then that's expecting a hell of a lot out of the democrats, who seem to spend 25% of their time picking themselves up from the sidewalk and scraping themselves off.

Loses to who?

Will stretching out the impeachment trial be part of the campaign strategy against Trump?

Also, over and over again you repeat things like "Trump is a criminal", you state them as facts. I don't think the overton window has really shifted as far as you think. Twitter is a false God. Nobody believes the big news networks anymore, it's been proven to be lying and wrong too many times. 

Edited by Zavala

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Loses to who?

Will stretching out the impeachment trial be part of the campaign strategy against Trump?

whichever democratic candidate wins the primary.

maybe. but the republicans control the process.

do you think that trump is a criminal?

Edited by hayden_horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

whichever democratic candidate wins the primary.

maybe. but the republicans control the process.

do you think that trump is a criminal?

No I think Trump is an actor, a really good one, he's playing the "heel". Getting everyone really pissed off or righteous depending on what side of the fence they are on.

I'm not saying horseshoe theory - I'm saying politics is a psyOP. It's smoke and mirrors. Bread and circuses. Politics has been pushed further into entertainment as ever, it's keeping people occupied. 

terry-crews-idiocracy.jpg

 

If it was up to me Texas could create a gold-backed crypto currency - TexCoin. We would take our ball and go home - secede from this pathetic excuse for a union. 

The US is a dysfunctional state, it no longer does any of the original things it's supposed to for people. 

Texas, if allowed to self-govern, would be very strong and we would all be more prosperous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

No I think Trump is an actor, a really good one, he's playing the "heel". Getting everyone really pissed off or righteous depending on what side of the fence they are on.

I'm not saying horseshoe theory - I'm saying politics is a psyOP. It's smoke and mirrors. Bread and circuses. Politics has been pushed further into entertainment as ever, it's keeping people occupied. 

If it was up to me Texas could create a gold-backed crypto currency - TexCoin. We would take our ball and go home - secede from this pathetic excuse for a union. 

The US is a dysfunctional state, it no longer does any of the original things it's supposed to for people. 

Texas, if allowed to self-govern, would be very strong and we would all be more prosperous. 

see, what's amazing is that isn't even a real defense of donald trump's criminality. his attorney is also a criminal. the presidency is a criminal enterprise. and yet , we have posters like you who much prefer to post anti-democratic memes and cloak themselves in some "liberterian above it all, i voted for gary johnson, the entire union is a sham" bullshit. 

the president engaged in a criminal conspiracy to direct a foreign entity to interfere in our elections, on more than one occasion! and yet, you just hand wave it all away as a "show." it's not ashow. it's a criminal fucking conspiracy, and they were taking notes! we have the evidence right in front of us.

he's a crook.

it should matter. 

but it doesn't, until november.

Edited by hayden_horn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

see, what's amazing is that isn't even a real defense of donald trump's criminality. his attorney is also a criminal. the presidency is a criminal enterprise. and yet , we have posters like you who much prefer to post anti-democratic memes and cloak themselves in some "liberterian above it all, i voted for gary johnson, the entire union is a sham" bullshit. 

the president engaged in a criminal conspiracy to direct a foreign entity to interfere in our electionson more than one occasion! and yet, you just hand wave it all away as a "show." it's not ashow. it's a criminal fucking conspiracy, and they were taking notes! we have the evidence right in front of us.

he's a croo

it should matter. 

but it doesn't, until november.

The president committed treason multiple times? Surely you could explain how exactly in a short paragraph? Give me the absolute worst and most treasonous thing he did. 

Also, your Democrat candidate pick is pretty soft lol - can you narrow it down to one or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

The president committed treason multiple times? Surely you could explain how exactly in a short paragraph? Give me the absolute worst and most treasonous thing he did. 

Goalposts moved.

Hayden said that the president engaged in a criminal conspiracy to direct a foreign entity to interfere in our elections on more than one occasion.

That really isn't in doubt, is it?  He withheld congressionally approved and mandated aid, aid that the Pentagon had cleared for disbursement, to an ally for no justifiable policy reason.  

Whether there was a full blown criminal conspiracy with the Russians is a more difficult claim, given that Mueller could not find sufficient evidence to make out an indictable case.  This of course is largely because Trump interfered with and obstructed the investigation such as to prevent him from obtaining such evidence from witnesses who likely had relevant information.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...