College Football in 2020 in danger?

The_Great_Hornsby

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The Cloak Room board (which I believe is some political reference but I forgot what it was). It is where we attempted to keep all political fights nice and segregated from the football talk. We have a very mixed fanbase politically so it could get really ugly if we allowed that kind of thing to infect our common interest.

This thread is showing our quarantine efforts are failing.

CR is to keep politics off the football board when it's not relevant.   Politics in a thread named "college football in 2020 in danger" is relevant.

https://sports.yahoo.com/can-the-big-ten-swing-a-presidential-election-kevin-warren-wants-to-find-out-180131201.html

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/09/president-donald-trump-talks-with-kevin-warren-wants-big-ten-season-conference-releases-statement.html

https://www.wkbn.com/news/midwest-republican-lawmakers-call-on-big-ten-to-play-football/

1 hour ago, DenverHorn said:

No we can't, which was the tie back point you captured.   Like the PSU kid, Jamain's family countered the media reports by stating cause of death/circumstances aren't clear yet if not entirely inaccurate.

YOU KEEP SAYING THIS, BUT THEN YOU RUN AWAY LIKE A SCARED LITTLE BITCH WHEN ASKED FOR _LITERALLY ANY SOURCE_

PROVIDE A LINK OR SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS ISN'T YOUR FACEBOOK FEED WHERE YOU AND YOUR MOUTH-BREATHING FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN POST FAKE NEWS BACK AND FORTH TO EACH OTHER.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

YOU KEEP SAYING THIS, BUT THEN YOU RUN AWAY LIKE A SCARED LITTLE BITCH WHEN ASKED FOR _LITERALLY ANY SOURCE_

PROVIDE A LINK OR SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS ISN'T YOUR FACEBOOK FEED.

Karen, you finally resurfaced.   Make yourself a milk shake...  I'm getting thirsty soon.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

Karen, you finally resurfaced.   Make yourself a milk shake...  I'm getting thirsty soon.

Are you going to provide a source to back up your claim that the family of the PSU kid has denied that he died of Covid? 

You don't have one, do you? You're literally spreading completely unfounded message board gossip, probably from some sort of politically-driven conspiracy theory nutjob site. This is a Longhorn message board. Nobody can stop you from being a fucking potato, but keep that shit on the conspiracy sites from where it came, and off of here. 

You are out of your depth here.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

CR is to keep politics off the football board when it's not relevant.   Politics in a thread named "college football in 2020 in danger" is relevant.

I have yet to see any relevence besides people trying to make it partisan fight. I want facts here related to when and where college football will be played not how politicians are inserting themselves into every issue, which they love to do. Especially when they do not have any actual authority to make any decisions and just want to earn virtue points with their base.

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Are you going to provide a source to back up your claim that the family of the PSU kid has denied that he died of Covid? 

You don't have one, do you? You're literally spreading completely unfounded message board gossip, probably from some sort of politically-driven conspiracy theory nutjob message board. This is a Longhorn message board. Nobody can stop you from being a fucking potato, but keep that shit on the conspiracy sites from where it come, and off of here. 

So you still are too lazy or inadequate to run a basic google search?    Yet you can squeal projection and irony all over the board.   I'll restate my post so your emotions don't let you lose sight of the context aka try to move the goal post again.   

"Nope.   This is a perfect example of the national media misreporting and not correcting itself.   The PSU student had left the PSU campus 2 months prior & returned home to Allentown.   2 weeks after testing positive for covid and self quarantining/feeling asymptomatic he died of diabetic ketoacidosis."

Omg this breaks my heart bc I just seen him friday and He made my MORNING HE NOTICED ME WITH OUR MASK ON HE GOES WOW ZU YOU HAVENT CHANGED SAME OL SMALL CRAZY HAIR GIRL 😥😥😥 We laughed and said can't hung bc of the virus but we huged anyway DAMNIT MY PRAYERS AND LOVE GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND OUR LINCOLN FAMILY LOVE YOU. #CLASSOF2013

Katy Torres2 months ago

FALSE NEWS!!! I knew Juan personally. Makes me so sad to hear this false information. Juan was not in State College! He had not been in State College since it was said to be closed due to COVID19, he was at home and went to get some things from his apartment June 13th with his roommate (my boyfriend Guillermo). They came down the 17th and Juan felt ill the following day. He was tested and was positive; he then self quarantine. On his 13th day (June 30th) his symptoms had gone all away was having breathing issues and died that night. The autopsy showed that it was due to natural causes and very severe high diabetes. Him and his family didn’t know he had that. CLEAR UP THESE FALSE INFORMATION!

On 9/3/2020 at 12:19 PM, David Dennison said:

It is very important that these schools collect television revenue, y'all.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Don Johnson said:

Lots of people being laid off, lots more to come and tons of free educations are being eliminated because of a decrease in those revenues.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, David Dennison said:

Right. It's all about jobs and the kids. How could I forget?

On 9/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, Don Johnson said:

Not all.  But the TV revenue is very important, if not vital, to the jobs and the kids, y'all.

Edited by Don Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

So you still are too lazy or inadequate to run a basic google search?    Yet you can squeal projection and irony all over the board.   I'll restate my post so your emotions don't let you lose sight of the context aka try to move the goal post again.   

"Nope.   This is a perfect example of the national media misreporting and not correcting itself.   The PSU student had left the PSU campus 2 months prior & returned home to Allentown.   2 weeks after testing positive for covid and self quarantining/feeling asymptomatic he died of diabetic ketoacidosis."

Omg this breaks my heart bc I just seen him friday and He made my MORNING HE NOTICED ME WITH OUR MASK ON HE GOES WOW ZU YOU HAVENT CHANGED SAME OL SMALL CRAZY HAIR GIRL 😥😥😥 We laughed and said can't hung bc of the virus but we huged anyway DAMNIT MY PRAYERS AND LOVE GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY AND OUR LINCOLN FAMILY LOVE YOU. #CLASSOF2013

Katy Torres2 months ago

FALSE NEWS!!! I knew Juan personally. Makes me so sad to hear this false information. Juan was not in State College! He had not been in State College since it was said to be closed due to COVID19, he was at home and went to get some things from his apartment June 13th with his roommate (my boyfriend Guillermo). They came down the 17th and Juan felt ill the following day. He was tested and was positive; he then self quarantine. On his 13th day (June 30th) his symptoms had gone all away was having breathing issues and died that night. The autopsy showed that it was due to natural causes and very severe high diabetes. Him and his family didn’t know he had that. CLEAR UP THESE FALSE INFORMATION!

Holy shit.

We live in stupid world.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, nnm said:

Wait, your source is Facebook?  KathyTorres2 on Facebook?  Seriously?

edit: there’s a thread for that:

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/242-dumbass-shit-we-see-on-facebook/

Another Karen I see.   The thread in it's entirety is here for you to read pg 168 give or take a few.   My source is in laws, ex wife and son that to some degree either live, lived, were born in State College or are students at PSU.  In lieu of you bitches speaking with any of them I stated one could find relative proof via comments sections tied to media reports that showcase feedback that countered the media reports.  If you believe the media is an end all source over feedback from the deceased's personal contacts God bless you.

Carry on bitches, its what you do best.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

Another Karen I see.   The thread in it's entirety is here for you to read pg 168 give or take a few.   My source is in laws, ex wife and son that to some degree either live, lived, were born in State College or are students at PSU.  In lieu of you bitches speaking with any of them I stated one could find relative proof via comments sections tied to media reports that showcase feedback that countered the media reports.  If you believe the media is an end all source over feedback from the deceased's personal contacts God bless you.

Carry on bitches, its what you do best.

Ok, so your source is unverified Facebook posts and comments sections from media reports. You trust Facebook and the comments section over the vast myriad of legitimate media, of every conceivable political stripe and persuasion.  I’m not talking about NYT or WaPo. You couldn’t even find a Fox, or National Review, or even Blaze or OANN source. Wow. 

11 minutes ago, nnm said:

Ok, so your source is unverified Facebook posts and comments sections from media reports. You trust Facebook and the comments section over the vast myriad of legitimate media, of every conceivable political stripe and persuasion.  I’m not talking about NYT or WaPo. You couldn’t even find a Fox, or National Review, or even Blaze or OANN source. Wow. 

"My source is in laws, ex wife and son that to some degree either live, lived, were born in State College or are students at.  In lieu of you bitches speaking with any of them I stated one could find relative proof via comments sections tied to media reports that showcase feedback that countered the media reports.."

4 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

4d5.png

A Karen is a kind of person who is unhappy when little things don’t go their way. They are a, “Can I speak to your manager?” kind of gal. The bitchy soccer mom of her friend group that nobody likes.
“Do you see her over there? She’s such a Karen.”

“Hi! You put meat on my son’s turkey sandwich, when he is STRICTLY VEGETARIAN. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll direct your manager over to me right away.”

PROVIDE A LINK OR SHUT THE FUCK UP. THIS ISN'T YOUR FACEBOOK FEED WHERE YOU AND YOUR MOUTH-BREATHING FRIENDS AND FAMILY CAN POST FAKE NEWS BACK AND FORTH TO EACH OTHER.

Edited 1 hour ago by BradInATX

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

"My source is in laws, ex wife and son that to some degree either live, lived, were born in State College or are students at.  In lieu of you bitches speaking with any of them I stated one could find relative proof via comments sections tied to media reports that showcase feedback that countered the media reports.."

Man, you’re right. We should all take KathTorres2’s word for it. She is without a doubt the most reliable source possible. There are all sorts of indicia of reliability in that post from a total stranger. No one has ever claimed to be something they’re not on Facebook, and I’m gonna take KathyTorres2 at her word. I’m sorry I doubted you. You are a true American patriot. Keep up the good fight, my man. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, nnm said:

Man, you’re right. We should all take KathTorres2’s word for it. She is without a doubt the most reliable source possible. There are all sorts of indicia of reliability in that post from a total stranger. No one has ever claimed to be something they’re not on Facebook, and I’m gonna take KathyTorres2 at her word. I’m sorry I doubted you. You are a true American patriot. Keep up the good fight, my man. 

Wait, so I am not getting that money from the Nigerian Prince??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

I'm chuckling at the thought of using my facebook reading/believing inlaws as a source to verify information...on anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, nnm said:

Denver, what do you make of this explosive new study that was just published?

image.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yup.  You have to understand that this is a typical Oklahoma home, and is his standard of reference for the ideas of "inside" and "outside."

FZIOCXIIQHITKJD.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&wi

God damn it.  

5 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I think doxxing ChiTownDoc is uncalled for

And of all the people to step up for me.  LOL

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

yes, there is no link.    Have you figure out your problem yet?   You are on the wrong side of the table & in over your head.

Lmao you're using a fake Instagram post as your smoking gun source. Here's what the post actually looks like:

image.png

Someone--you?--appears to have copied that Instagram post, pasted it into MS Paint, and typed some unrelated text saying that he didn't die of COVID-19 and signed it 'Family & Friends'. 

You're an absolute clown. 

Edited by touchthemonolith
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Texas Tech is about what you expected:

Doesn't Raider Rash kill COVID? That chick definitely has the panapoly of lubbuck stds.

Sidenote: Bikinis at a party without a pool seems about right for what one would expect in lubbuck.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Lmao you're using a fake Instagram post as your smoking gun source. Here's what the post actually looks like:

image.png

Someone--you?--appears to have copied that Instagram post, pasted it into MS Paint, and typed some unrelated text saying that he didn't die of COVID-19 and signed it 'Family & Friends'. 

You're an absolute clown. 

keep fishing girl    https://www.facebook.com/Newswatch16/posts/a-21-year-old-penn-state-student-juan-garcia-of-allentown-has-passed-away-from-c/10157701549932756    

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The coronabros are taking this on the chin. The first P5 school kicks off in 2 hours, followed by more p5 games in less than 48 hours

The crowd in Miami is probably going to be larger than a non covid Miami crowd

What about the cornholabros..?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, DenverHorn said:
A Karen is a kind of person who is unhappy when little things don’t go their way. They are a, “Can I speak to your manager?” kind of gal. The bitchy soccer mom of her friend group that nobody likes.
“Do you see her over there? She’s such a Karen.”

“Hi! You put meat on my son’s turkey sandwich, when he is STRICTLY VEGETARIAN. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll direct your manager over to me right away.”

Edited 1 hour ago by BradInATX

So your answer is no, I don't understand. the word.  You're a little special aren't you?  Let me know when BradInATX runs to Blacklab or Immamac about your stupidity.  Then you might have something.

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The coronabros are taking this on the chin. The first P5 school kicks off in 2 hours, followed by more p5 games in less than 48 hours

The crowd in Miami is probably going to be larger than a non covid Miami crowd

Still choking that chicken, eh?  First you claimed the coronabros "struck out swinging", implying they were completely wrong (post #8038).  Then when called out on your error, you tried to change to a "swing and a miss" (again being wrong on both nomenclature and facts) (post #8456).  Now they're "taking it on the chin" because there will be some games this weekend, despite the fact that 2/5ths of P5 conferences aren't playing this fall.  I surmise you once more don't understand the terminology as "taking it on the chin" is actually a positive attribute.

Def: Take It On The Chin - endure or accept misfortune courageously or stoically.  

So which is it, did those predicting that COVID would greatly disrupt the college season completely wrong (struck out swinging), wrong about one thing (swing and a miss), or accepted misfortune courageously (taking this on the chin)?  Since you're wrong on all three descriptors I'm curious which hill you will choose to die on.  

BTW, there were 8,153 fans at the Miami/UAB game last night.  From 2014-2019, Miami averaged 55,822 fans.  Do you ever tire of being completely wrong?

You and Denver should get together so the combined IQ can get to low average.  Better yet, stick to watching Big Brother as that's more your intellectual speed, amirite?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Def: Take It On The Chin - endure or accept misfortune courageously or stoically

What fucking dictionary are you using? The Herpa Derpa Picture Book of Words and Expressions ”?  The phrase means “to suffer adversity or defeat”

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What fucking dictionary are you using?  The phrase means “to suffer adversity or defeat”

Um, any dictionary.

Oxford: https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/chin#:~:text=1to accept a difficult,yesterday as markets fell sharply.

take something on the chin (informal)
  1. to accept a difficult or unpleasant situation without complaining, trying to make excuses, etc.

Collins: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/take-it-on-the-chin

informal
to face squarely up to a defeat, adversity, etc

Lexico: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/take_it_on_the_chin

PHRASE

Endure or accept misfortune courageously or stoically.

‘one of her great strengths is her ability to take it on the chin’