Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Looting and burning down a city is not a winning strategy.

Fuck all the way off.

What is the "winning strategy" for a poor community smashed to pieces by an unaccountable gang?

Shut the fuck up. You've got your side, the fascists, be proud of it.

Quote

You know its fucked up, it is flat out not defensible.

I do not care about stores. Burn them all. I don't care. They aren't people and they're not important.

We can rebuild them after the local government makes this rights with its citizens. Who fucking cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah, just like the patriots in the Boston Massacre, right?

Absent colonialist and loyalist stores, the rest will have to do...Note the massacre did not begin with an assault on the British army barracks. 

So these dumbass gangsters and drifters that are running into stores and using this whole situation as an excuse are akin to coordinated attacks against the British? Hell, if they all had gone to the police station and burned it down, I wouldnt have been too sour. But instead they go rob livelihoods and terrorize their own city. Dont defend the evil 1% that perpetrated this. The narrative needs to shift back to Floyd asap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So these dumbass gangsters and drifters that are running into stores and using this whole situation as an excuse are akin to coordinated attacks against the British? Hell, if they all had gone to the police station and burned it down, I wouldnt have been too sour. But instead they go rob livelihoods and terrorize their own city. Dont defend the evil 1% that perpetrated this. The narrative needs to shift back to Floyd asap

They always tell on themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Fuck all the way off.

What is the "winning strategy" for a poor community smashed to pieces by an unaccountable gang?

Shut the fuck up. You've got your side, the fascists, be proud of it.

I do not care about stores. Burn them all. I don't care. They aren't people and they're not important.

We can rebuild them after the local government makes this rights with its citizens. Who fucking cares?

And all the lives senselessly lost tonight? In the name of a wrongful killing? What a disgrace. You have some growing up to do, you are very angry and reactionary. You pretend you are mad at me, when in reality, you are pissed the fuck off at the system and pissed that the looters have forced you to defend this shit show tonight. You wont respond rationally, so I will cut you off here, but you really need to take a few deep breaths and think about MLK and how he teaches to handle these things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Pick a side. If you're on the side of the protesters shut the fuck up about meaningless shit. If you're on the side of the cops and fascists, keep whining about fucking looting.

Evil is evil, Stregobor... if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

And all the lives senselessly lost tonight? In the name of a wrongful killing? What a disgrace.

An absolute disgrace and 100% on the cops and city government.

Quote

You pretend you are mad at me, when in reality, you are pissed the fuck off at the system and pissed that the looters have forced you to defend this shit show tonight.

 

It doesn't bother me at all to "defend" looting, because it is one of the least important things happening there. It's meaningless.

Quote

You wont respond rationally, so I will cut you off here, but you really need to take a few deep breaths and think about MLK and how he teaches to handle these things. 

Do enlighten.

Did he consider these people "dumbass gangsters" and "the evil 1%" because they stole shit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So these dumbass gangsters and drifters that are running into stores and using this whole situation as an excuse are akin to coordinated attacks against the British? Hell, if they all had gone to the police station and burned it down, I wouldnt have been too sour. But instead they go rob livelihoods and terrorize their own city. Dont defend the evil 1% that perpetrated this. The narrative needs to shift back to Floyd asap

Okay, Great Tory. I am sure there were plenty of concern trolls in Boston in 1776 too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but....There are only 2 black people in Minnesota, Prince and Kirby Puckett....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a lot of ways to protest. A lot of lip service against police misconduct but little change. The killings have to stop. Get the thumpers off the street. And listen to the communities when they tell you there is a problem cop.

There is a lot less rioting when people actually have a way to "petition" the government and seek "redress" of their problems. Hell - lives are saved and made better when government listens to its citizens about police issues. It is not a minor issue.  

Terrible death. The system failed. Good government fixes the problems associated with police misconduct. It may be relatively rare, but one bad seed taints an entire department in the eyes of those who see that abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

How long do you think can murder minorities in broad daylight and be surprised that they want to burn shit down when nothing comes of it?

Problem is they're burning the wrong shit. Police stations and city hall should be the focus, not otherwise innocent bystanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RPM said:

Problem is they're burning the wrong shit. Police stations and city hall should be the focus, not otherwise innocent bystanders.

Well, city hall is doing the right thing by coming down on the cops hard. Riots aren't logical but they do get attention. Here is what Jefferson said on the matter in the aftermath of Shays' Rebellion:  

Quote

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm interested in the word "gangsters".

Why that word?

thinking-face_1f914.png

It’s more eloquent than the usual go to “thugs”.  Some of them may have even been wearing do-rags which is an obvious sign of gang affiliation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RPM said:

Problem is they're burning the wrong shit. Police stations and city hall should be the focus, not otherwise innocent bystanders.

Looting and burning the Target, which is headquartered in Minneapolis and has a ton of political power there, and thus arguably shares some degree of responsibility for the city’s repeated failures to reign in its police department, seems completely appropriate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Dayton-Hudson is the largest employer in that part of the country.  I'm guessing #2 is either Wells Fargo or AMEX/Ameriprise, and then 4 would be 3M. 

So if you work for one of those companies, I'd suggest going the fuck home today.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RPM said:

Problem is they're burning the wrong shit. Police stations and city hall should be the focus, not otherwise innocent bystanders.

I’m not sure if attacking the police station will turn out very well for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

 

 

Lyrics are very spot on:

They said it was for the black man,
They said it was for the mexican
And not for the white man
But if you look at the streets
It wasn't about Rodney King George Floyd
It's bout this fucked up situation and these fucked up police
It's about coming up
And staying on top
And screamin' 187 on a mother fuckin' cop
It's not written on the paper it's on the wall
National guard!
Smoke from all around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

An absolute disgrace and 100% on the cops and city government.

So bad teammate doesn't think the looters are capable of taking responsibility for their actions? Those poor folks just can't help themselves? Sounds vaguely familiar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone really bothered by seeing a Target being looted like that? I'm not agreeing with it but I understand people being upset.  I am upset by this situation. I haven't read up on the story but I really hope that no one at Target (employees or customers) were hurt during the looting. Lock up anyone that hurt somebody but I also hope that 0 employees got in the way of the riot/looting. It's only property.

I'm sure there is someone online or at Texags that are up in arms about Target but does anyone really care about their opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is anyone really bothered by seeing a Target being looted like that? I'm not agreeing with it but I understand people being upset.  I am upset by this situation. I haven't read up on the story but I really hope that no one at Target (employees or customers) were hurt during the looting. Lock up anyone that hurt somebody but I also hope that 0 employees got in the way of the riot/looting. It's only property.

I'm sure there is someone online or at Texags that are up in arms about Target but does anyone really care about their opinions?

It was way more than just a Target. They burned an autozone, a housing complex, a Wendy's, an Aldi's, a Cub market, a semi truck, and a liquor store. The looting, rioting, and arson was completely out of control and it was terrorism, full stop. All it did was worsen the lives of others in the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is anyone really bothered by seeing a Target being looted like that? I'm not agreeing with it but I understand people being upset.  I am upset by this situation. I haven't read up on the story but I really hope that no one at Target (employees or customers) were hurt during the looting. Lock up anyone that hurt somebody but I also hope that 0 employees got in the way of the riot/looting. It's only property.

I'm sure there is someone online or at Texags that are up in arms about Target but does anyone really care about their opinions?

It was closed and no employees were there. It sucks for anyone who worked there and will lose their job, but Target will be fine. We'll probably never know for sure one way or the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that protesters didn't start the fire there. The guy who started shit at the AutoZone sure doesn't look like a local protester:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It was way more than just a Target. They burned an autozone, a housing complex, a Wendy's, an Aldi's, a Cub market, a semi truck, and a liquor store. The looting, rioting, and arson was completely out of control and it was terrorism, full stop. All it did was worsen the lives of others in the community. 

I stand corrected in that someone is bothered by this, but it's still extremely low in what matters to me. American history has always been to meet violence with violence so these riots are on the cops that killed that guy. This is a natural progression.

give me a break about terrorism. that cop did more to hurt America in 10 minutes than burning 100s of stores could do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully agree with the violent protest in response to another black man’s death at the hands of police.  But they really should be looting the Police station, state congress, and governors mansion.  Target is pretty far removed from the sphere of blame for that man’s death and the issue of police brutality against blacks.

That said, my opinion is that income inequality is a bigger issue, and looting the Target is a reflection of that more than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I stand corrected in that someone is bothered by this, but it's still extremely low in what matters to me. American history has always been to meet violence with violence so these riots are on the cops that killed that guy. This is a natural progression.

give me a break about terrorism. that cop did more to hurt America in 10 minutes than burning 100s of stores could do. 

I’m bothered by it too, and it’s largely because I reject meeting violence with violence.

But calling it “terrorism” is a meaningless emotional appeal. That term is thrown around whenever it’s convenient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I fully agree with the violent protest in response to another black man’s death at the hands of police.  But they really should be looting the Police station, state congress, and governors mansion.  Target is pretty far removed from the sphere of blame for that man’s death and the issue of police brutality against blacks.

That said, my opinion is that income inequality is a bigger issue, and looting the Target is a reflection of that more than anything.

It's impossible to loot the police station and almost certainty state offices that you mention. Cops can hold back from going after Target looting but not their station. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s more eloquent than the usual go to “thugs”.  Some of them may have even been wearing do-rags which is an obvious sign of gang affiliation. 

It's more acceptable than the word he wants to use, which starts with n.

30 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

So bad teammate doesn't think the looters are capable of taking responsibility for their actions? Those poor folks just can't help themselves? Sounds vaguely familiar...

Record it all and then prosecute them later for stealing. I don't care. It doesn't matter.

23 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It was way more than just a Target. They burned an autozone, a housing complex, a Wendy's, an Aldi's, a Cub market, a semi truck, and a liquor store. The looting, rioting, and arson was completely out of control and it was terrorism, full stop. All it did was worsen the lives of others in the community. 

You're alarmingly fucking stupid.

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was closed and no employees were there. It sucks for anyone who worked there and will lose their job, but Target will be fine. We'll probably never know for sure one way or the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that protesters didn't start the fire there. The guy who started shit at the AutoZone sure doesn't look like a local protester:

 

lol of course it's a fucking op

Jesus.

15 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

But they really should be looting the Police station, state congress, and governors mansion.

This is the phrase we need to stop directing at people taking direct action where we will not.

So many coaches on the sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was closed and no employees were there. It sucks for anyone who worked there and will lose their job, but Target will be fine. We'll probably never know for sure one way or the other, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that protesters didn't start the fire there. The guy who started shit at the AutoZone sure doesn't look like a local protester:

 

Lmfao "Hey hold my blunt real quick... WHAT'S UP?!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That cop in disguise at Auto Zone wanted to get out of there REAL quick once he knew there was a camera on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bad_teammate said:

That cop in disguise at Auto Zone wanted to get out of there REAL quick once he knew there was a camera on him.

I don't think he was a cop. Too skinny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My $.02 is that anyone talking about 1776!!!11, PATRIOTS! BoStOn TeA PaRtY and "okay, boomer tory",  is silly. This isn't anything like that. If you wanted to draw an analogy of war/revolution, it would be more akin to the Civil War and Confederates vs Union.

I also find it laughable to the person who is justifying looting a Target because they have culpability for the white cop who killed the black man because they are a big F200 organization HQ'ed in the city and should have ostensibly been funneling back some of their top line spend into programs to train police or help the city be more harmonious, instead of re-investing in their own business, or hiring people, etc. Especially considering they are one of the more progressive public companies around, already. 

I don't mind the justification for looting a Target because of convenience to the looters and rioters, geographically or because it's an easy opportunity to loot (Target employees are probably told to leave and Target has great insurance so nobody is going to fire back on you like the pawn shop owner), but the idea that Target is owed this because of George's death is a horrible take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bad_teammate said:

A rookie then

Could be. Could be a right-wing accelerationist too.

Yeah yeah, I know, same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rougarou said:

My $.02 is that anyone talking about 1776!!!11, PATRIOTS! BoStOn TeA PaRtY and "okay, boomer tory",  is silly. This isn't anything like that. If you wanted to draw an analogy of war/revolution, it would be more akin to the Civil War and Confederates vs Union.

I also find it laughable to the person who is justifying looting a Target because they have culpability for the white cop who killed the black man because they are a big F200 organization HQ'ed in the city and should have ostensibly been funneling back some of their top line spend into programs to train police or help the city be more harmonious, instead of re-investing in their own business, or hiring people, etc. Especially considering they are one of the more progressive public companies around, already. 

I don't mind the justification for looting a Target because of convenience to the looters and rioters, geographically or because it's an easy opportunity to loot (Target employees are probably told to leave and Target has great insurance so nobody is going to fire back on you like the pawn shop owner), but the idea that Target is owed this because of George's death is a horrible take.

...what the fuck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

...what the fuck?

I guess I'm confused at your confusion. This is more of a civil war between Americans based on values, privilege, race, jobs, education, a whole plethora of things, more than it is anything else politically. Right?

Oh, also you were the guy who had the horrible take about Target being to blame for this too lol

"Looting and burning the Target, which is headquartered in Minneapolis and has a ton of political power there, and thus arguably shares some degree of responsibility for the city’s repeated failures to reign in its police department, seems completely appropriate."

Edited by Rougarou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Could be. Could be a right-wing accelerationist too.

Dude had a fucking gas mask and an umbrella that, one could only assume, was to protect him from UV rays. 

Whoever he is, clearly he didn't belong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

It was way more than just a Target. They burned an autozone, a housing complex, a Wendy's, an Aldi's, a Cub market, a semi truck, and a liquor store. The looting, rioting, and arson was completely out of control and it was terrorism, full stop. All it did was worsen the lives of others in the community. 

 

I though magats wanted to "burn it all down"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

Dude had a fucking gas mask and an umbrella that, one could only assume, was to protect him from UV rays. 

Whoever he is, clearly he didn't belong. 

What does the umbrella do from a cop or right wing antagonist perspective?  Is it a disguised tear gas launcher like from James Bond?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I guess I'm confused at your confusion. This is more of a civil war between Americans based on values, privilege, race, jobs, education, a whole plethora of things, more than it is anything else politically. Right?

Oh, also you were the guy who had the horrible take about Target being to blame for this too lol

"Looting and burning the Target, which is headquartered in Minneapolis and has a ton of political power there, and thus arguably shares some degree of responsibility for the city’s repeated failures to reign in its police department, seems completely appropriate."

Is the Target a more or less appropriate, er target, for looting than a business owned by a member of their community?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't know who said that, but I don't see the problem.

Economic inequality is a major factor here and massive corporations are the primary driver in economic inequality. This is more of a structural view than many either want to take or care to hear about, but looting is a very obvious response to material inequality.

[edit]

I don't think the looters themselves are all thinking about it in a structural materialist way, but I'm offering an explanation of what is happening at large not an insight into the inner monologue of the actors.

Edited by bad_teammate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FondrenRoad said:

What does the umbrella do from a cop or right wing antagonist perspective?  Is it a disguised tear gas launcher like from James Bond?

You're overthinking it, white boy ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...