Bob Seger

Sbbruin

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy crap, that's Daphne Zuniga and Joey Tribiani in that video.

Yeah, that caught me way the fuck off guard.  The video looks like it's set in the 60's, but "night Moves" doesn't come out until '76, so how are LeBlanc and Zuniga in that video?  They were barely alive when "Night Moves" song/album came out.  They look like they're about 23 in that video. so maybe late 80's?  Why did Seger wait so long to make that video then, his heydey and that of music videos was much earlier.  Anyway, Zuniga looks gorgeous in that video.  She looked gorgeous in everything I suppose.  She still looks great.  If you google her as a bride last year, that guy she's standing next to is not her father about to give her away, that's her husband.  /csb

Anyway, wiki rabbit hole says video was released in 1994, but Leblanc and Zuniga were already stars on huge shows and pushing 30 years of age.  I'm guessing it was produced and shelved for several years.  Then dusted off when its two stars became bigger stars and Seger needed something to pep up his back catalogue ('86-'95 appears to be a dead period for him with just one album released).  I like the anecdote that LeBlanc was blackout drunk for the entire shoot having drank an entire bottle of tequila with Seger prior to filming.  

Edited by Lobo

I think Seger shot the video to accompany a box set or greatest hits type of release.  Friends had not hit the air at the time, so Joey was probably hungry for rent money.  I think Melrose Place was already a hit, but I don't know when Zuniga joined the show.