2020 Astros Season Thread

Jshep34

27 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah that was Verducci's SI article in Nov 2018 in which he detailed the widespread suspicions about multiple teams using electronic surveillance to steal signs and how it was a big problem for baseball because of.... pace of play. Nothing about the sanctity of the game or any historic cheating, just how slow play was A Huge Problem Manfred Needs to Address because it didn't sit well with the short-attention span "fans."

Yeah of course nothing about the sanctity of the game until they needed to pin it all on one team to protect the Yankees, and Dodgers.

Edited by wood

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yankees would be the easier team to beat but it is always funny as hell to watch their demise over and over

I’m ambivalent. Rays have tough pitching but “our story “ will not be as front and center. It doesn’t make a fuck. We’re going to get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Part of me really wanted to play the Yankees and beat those whiney bitches....but another part of me loves that Cole’s going home

Such confusion

I still don’t get the cole hate but whatever

I wanted him to stick around one more round because his team is worse than the Rays, he’s the only pitcher worth a damn on that staff and he was in line to start only one game on regular rest in the LCS

I still don’t get the cole hate but whatever
I wanted him to stick around one more round because his team is worse than the Rays, he’s the only pitcher worth a damn on that staff and he was in line to start only one game on regular rest in the LCS

I love Cole as a pitcher and love what he did here. I hate the way he left and his actions immediately following game 7. No need to rehash, but it feels good that he left us for greener pastures and now we’re waiting to meet him in the ALCS and he’s going home
  • Hook 'Em 2

I love Cole as a pitcher and love what he did here. I hate the way he left and his actions immediately following game 7. No need to rehash, but it feels good that he left us for greener pastures and now we’re waiting to meet him in the ALCS and he’s going home

He was pissed because he didn’t get the ball in the biggest game of his career when he was ready and willing to slam the door on the Nats. I was pissed too.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HillaryFan420 said:

People talk a lot about Rays pitching, but Framber Valdez imo is the best pitcher that will take the mound in the ALCS and a healthy Greinke would be the second best.

Ummm I love Framber and Grienke but something something Tyler Glasnow.

we’re out in 4 in the LDS last year if he’s not a dipshit and holds his glove in the same spot 

Astros are hot right now and I hope what we are seeing isn’t just a streak, maybe the regular season wasn’t who they are and now they are back to the confident bomb hitting stros we all know and love. 

If the stros won it all people will still bitch and moan so fuck em. 

knocked off the division winner in each round so far so fitting we get the next one up. 

16 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Astros are hot right now and I hope what we are seeing isn’t just a streak, maybe the regular season wasn’t who they are and now they are back to the confident bomb hitting stros we all know and love. 

If the stros won it all people will still bitch and moan so fuck em. 

knocked off the division winner in each round so far so fitting we get the next one up. 

I like that 

knock off the 3, then the 2, then the 1 seed in your league, then the overall #1 in the WS.

to your first comment, I think you’re right on the bats and we’re seeing that normalize

unfortunately, I think the regular season bullpen is who they are and we’re going to see some normalization back to that in the next round.

But hopefully the bats can stay hot. Against that Rays staff though, I don’t know. Hopefully Cash brings in Fairbanks at a crucial time. he seems to be their Josh James

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Ummm I love Framber and Grienke but something something Tyler Glasnow.

we’re out in 4 in the LDS last year if he’s not a dipshit and holds his glove in the same spot 

Glasnow hasn't been as effective this season as last year.  You can certainly argue that Glasnow is likely to be the more effective pitcher over the rest of his career, but Framber has clearly been better this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

'Member when the Rockets won the whole thing as a six seed?

I 'member.

Its not dissimilar. That Rockets team lolligagged through the regular season too. 

But also the Astros looked even worse because they were completely incapable of winning extra innings games with the man on 2nd format.