Texas St. Armadillos

2020 PGA Championship - Harding Park

CBS coverage has started.  

predictions?  rooting interests?

i'm definitely pulling for Scottie to win.  then Tony Finau.  rooting against Brooks or Bryson winning.  

i think Morikawa is gonna win it.

21 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ha JT with the F-bomb...do they not have a 7 second delay?

I’ve heard at least 15 of them this week

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I’ve heard at least 15 of them this week

first one I heard.  so there is no delay on live events I guess.

38 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ha JT with the F-bomb...do they not have a 7 second delay?

hilarious 

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

that gave me flashbacks of the shaggy golf tournament hahahaha

Fuck CBS. I presume there are golfers golfing right now, but its hard to say with all this fluff piece bullshit. Just show the f'n golf. 

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Fuck CBS. I presume there are golfers golfing right now, but its hard to say with all this fluff piece bullshit. Just show the f'n golf. 

Drives me nuts every major.

I don’t need another fucking Seve Ballesteros retrospective from Mike Tirico in Butler Cabin.  Show me the fucking golf for Christ  sake.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Drives me nuts every major.

I don’t need another fucking Seve Ballesteros retrospective from Mike Tirico in Butler Cabin.  Show me the fucking golf for Christ  sake.

And now we getting 5 minutes on Cameron Champ including him on the driving range. Talk about this shit when he's on the course goddamnit. Its ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And now we getting 5 minutes on Cameron Champ including him on the driving range. Talk about this shit when he's on the course goddamnit. Its ridiculous. 

Sean Foley needed a little TV time.

Anyone but DJ, DeChambeau, Reed or Day. Rooting hard for Scottie. Will probably head up to Royal and watch with other members for dinner. His parents are actually playing up there right now, or they were on the tee sheet. I hope they cancelled and booked a flight to San Fran. 

Would be thrilled if Finau, Morikawa, Koepka or a surprise like Varner won. Head tells me Koepka, Berger and Morikawa in that order. Hope I’m wrong and Scottie rolls out nerves of steel. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Anyone but DJ, DeChambeau, Reed or Day. Rooting hard for Scottie. Will probably head up to Royal and watch with other members for dinner. His parents are actually playing up there right now, or they were on the tee sheet. I hope they cancelled and booked a flight to San Fran. 

Would be thrilled if Finau, Morikawa, Koepka or a surprise like Varner won. Head tells me Koepka, Berger and Morikawa in that order. Hope I’m wrong and Scottie rolls out nerves of steel. 

Why thrilled with koepka?  He fits more in your anyone but category than where you have him. 

6 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

If by the new Tiger Woods you mean a guy that will retire with less than 7 wins, sure

I was referring to the fact that Champ is half-black and has an amazing swing.

8 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I was referring to the fact that Champ is half-black and has an amazing swing.

Quarter black 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why thrilled with koepka?  He fits more in your anyone but category than where you have him. 

Love the guy. I understand people don’t like him because he wins and is boring. But I’ve heard stories that suggest he’s a really good dude. The 4 I listed are varying degrees of douche. 

Immelman is God awful. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Love the guy. I understand people don’t like him because he wins and is boring. But I’ve heard stories that suggest he’s a really good dude. The 4 I listed are varying degrees of douche. 

Immelman is God awful. 

How is Day a douche?

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How is Day a douche?

I don't think Day is a douche but every week we have to hear about his back and how he has to manage it around the golf course while he picks the ball out of the hole.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

with DL3 leaving CBS, Knost would be a great replacement.

I still cannot believe Colt retired. 

Finau and Bryson just muscling drives and throwing darts. Hope Scottie came ready to play today and hope DJ plays his dipshit game as usual. 

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Pro-style or dual threat?

Dual threat, obviously. Some concerns about his footwork in the pocket and decision making.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How is Day a douche?

Watch him after every putt or shot. He’s overly demonstrative. He preens for the camera. He reminds me lot of Bubba in that regard. He’s actually a good dude but his mannerisms drive me crazy. Nowhere near DJ or DeChambeau or Reed but I can’t ever root for him. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Watch him after every putt or shot. He’s overly demonstrative. He preens for the camera. He reminds me lot of Bubba in that regard. He’s actually a good dude but his mannerisms drive me crazy. Nowhere near DJ or DeChambeau or Reed but I can’t ever root for him. 

he's definitely a camera jockey...

Faldo going on about how far he hit it past finau...finau hit 3 wood. Yes, bryson is longer but good god. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

DJ drives you crazy? Dude. He smashes bombs, snorts fat lines of coke, and married Wayne Gretzky’s smoking hot daughter. 

5 minutes ago, pops said:

Faldo going on about how far he hit it past finau...finau hit 3 wood. Yes, bryson is longer but good god. 

Yeah and it may have been a 4 or 5. If Tony wants he can hit a 3 wood a lot further than 260 even in that fog. 

Just now, StruggleBus said:

DJ drives you crazy? Dude. He smashes bombs, snorts fat lines of coke, and married Wayne Gretzky’s smoking hot daughter. 

He also banged Jimmy Walker’s wife and Jimmy is a great guy. Now his wife is nuts.  Dustin is also a functional simpleton. Listen to him in any interview. 

Yeah and it may have been a 4 or 5. If Tony wants he can hit a 3 wood a lot further than 260 even in that fog. 

Yep.  Summerhays has dialed tony way back. I dont know if he could get driver to bryson right now,  but it would be close if he really wanted to. 

Just now, Incredulity said:

Ian Baker Finch: Cameron Champ from right up the road in Sacramento.

For the 6th fucking time today. Jesus.

Between IBF, Faldo and TI, I’m going nuts with foreign English speakers. Nobilo is solid, but man we really need Feherty back and yes if Knost is truly gone for good, grab him. 

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Ian Baker Finch: Cameron Champ from right up the road in Sacramento.

For the 6th fucking time today. Jesus.

Yeah but did you hear about his grandfather?

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

Yeah but did you hear about his grandfather?

I think it’s kinda cool Champ has that name and is 1/4 black. I don’t think it’s cool he was an Aggie (but I love Ryan Palmer) and the fact that CBS and ESPN beat his blackness down my fucking throat. 

Champ does have a really kickass, simple golf swing. It’s really pretty. I love it compared to watching DeChambeau and Rahm swing. Also love Scheffler’s long, athletic swing. These young guns (including Morikawa) aren’t feeling any pressure yet. Would love to see them keep it up through the back. 

Posted (edited)

Fuck Scottie missing a golden opportunity on 4, but so did DJ. 

If DeChambeau is controlled off the tee, he’s playing the beet golf right now. He may look like Urlacher and swing like Frankenstein, but he’s got an incredible all around game. 

Edit: fuck me, DJ. 

Edited by Dr. Beeper

Posted (edited)

Fuck Scottie missing a golden opportunity on 4, but so did DJ. 

If DeChambeau is controlled off the tee, he’s playing the beet golf right now. He may look like Urlacher and swing like Frankenstein, but he’s got an incredible all around game. 

Still isn't great with the wedges. Will be interesting to see what he does coming home. And will finau ever post a number on a Sunday? 

Edit to add what the fuck is tony doing there laying up?   His driver has been great. 

Edited by pops

1 minute ago, Fudbelty said:

Paulina’s #2

I couldn't get past the 99 tattoo right above her pussy. There are some daddy issues with that one

Champ does have a really kickass, simple golf swing. It’s really pretty. I love it compared to watching DeChambeau and Rahm swing. Also love Scheffler’s long, athletic swing. These young guns (including Morikawa) aren’t feeling any pressure yet. Would love to see them keep it up through the back. 

Not as smooth as Mathew Wolff