2020 Democratic National Convention

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Lol at you weenies negging me instead of trying to actually justify John fucking Kasich speaking at the DNC.

You just negged BrickHorn for not agreeing with you. Seriously?

Edited by Orale

Republicans in 2016, already a party of insane bigots, finally take the mask off and just come out and say the quiet part loud. Then they move even further right and openly embrace facism. A handful of former Republicans now don’t have a home because while they support all of the current Republican policies, they can’t believe their party isn’t at least pretending to not be all the things that they are. The Democrats, realizing the opportunity, decide to give these despicable shitbags a platform and welcome them, and then will all act surprised when these Good Republicans stab them in the back once Trump is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Republicans in 2016, already a party of insane bigots, finally take the mask off and just come out and say the quiet part loud. Then they move even further right and openly embrace facism. A handful of former Republicans now don’t have a home because while they support all of the current Republican policies, they can’t believe their party isn’t at least pretending to not be all the things that they are. The Democrats, realizing the opportunity, decide to give these despicable shitbags a platform and welcome them, and then will all act surprised when these Good Republicans stab them in the back once Trump is gone. 

Who said these assholes are “good?” They’re willing to vote for Democrats in 2020 and to talk their asshole buddies into doing the same. They don’t plan to stick around afterward and try to convert us to low-key fascism? All the better.

Take their votes now and then tell them to fuck right off.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Lol at you weenies negging me instead of trying to actually justify John fucking Kasich speaking at the DNC.

Do you really not understand why the Democrats would want a Republican to speak at the DNC before this particular election?

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Who said these assholes are “good?” They’re willing to vote for Democrats in 2020 and to talk their asshole buddies into doing the same. They don’t plan to stick around afterward and try to convert us to low-key fascism? All the better.

Take their votes now and then tell them to fuck right off.

You can do all that without making them speakers at a DNC convention.  Guys like Kaisich & Bloomberg can go on CNN and MSNBC every damn day to confess their love for Joe Biden.  Giving them time at the DNC takes away from other voices that could be speaking instead.  Like Castro, Pressley, or even fucking Joe Kennedy.  It’s dumb to give these guys this platform but in the grand scheme of things, probably not that consequential so bitching about it comes off as petty.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Do you really not understand why the Democrats would want a Republican to speak at the DNC before this particular election?

I understand why. I just think it's insulting and stupid to invite someone – whose views and actions are completely antithetical to the party's supposed beliefs – to speak at the convention. 

It’s two speaker slots, appealing to the part of the 2020 Democratic bloc most likely to be on the fence (because they’re not legacy Democrats). That seems like time well spent. We can spend hour after hour preaching to the choir after the present constitutional crisis is over. For now, let’s focus on earning every vote we can.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You can do all that without making them speakers at a DNC convention.  Guys like Kaisich & Bloomberg can go on CNN and MSNBC every damn day to confess their love for Joe Biden.  Giving them time at the DNC takes away from other voices that could be speaking instead.  Like Castro, Pressley, or even fucking Joe Kennedy.  It’s dumb to give these guys this platform but in the grand scheme of things, probably not that consequential so bitching about it comes off as petty.  

So you got any commentary on the actual speakers at the convention that is actually happening right now or are you just here to bitch about who is not speaking at it? 

5 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

I understand why. I just think it's insulting and stupid to invite someone – whose views and actions are completely antithetical to the party's supposed beliefs – to speak at the convention. 

Anyone who wants Biden to win and Trump to lose is not “antithetical” to what the convention is about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

First off, I didn’t give a ‘neg’ to anyone, but I would have gladly substituted a few of the videos and songs for more speakers. Keep the energy higher, I want people excited to vote.

Yeah, I don't think they needed to give back the 5 minutes that were given to Republicans to speak.  That chick dressed up like Stevie Nicks with a guitar on the beach at sunset -- that's what you cut and replace.

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

honestly this is going surprisingly smoothly. pacing is actually improved and awkward moments have been few. 

Yep. It's so much better than 4 hours of speeches, applause, and long breaks in between. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

honestly this is going surprisingly smoothly. pacing is actually improved and awkward moments have been few. 

I agree.  We've been watching on MSNBC and they don't have the commentary.  I've been impressed how smooth and polished Eva Longoria is.  Hits all of her timing and it's well paced.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

BERNIE!!!!!!! 

He was my second choice and he’s giving a 100% tonight. 

“Bernie doesn’t believe what he is saying.  The Dems are holding him hostage and making him say this stuff.  I’m not voting because  Biden and Trump are the same thing.  Well, maybe I will just vote for Trump”. — bad_teammate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think she’s doing great. Appealing to decency. A lot of those moderates were turned off by Hilary and stayed home or voted for Johnson/Stein. 

This set up has been great. Hopefully they keep the same format in 2024 and just cut to one or two keynote speeches in the arena at the end of the night.  

• Hook 'Em 1