Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

EhZWphdX0AAV_Cs?format=jpg&name=large

Lol I mean if they really believe that then we sure as fuck better not pay Dak. For the record i don’t believe this, but for as much help as we’ve given Dak, we better be fine even if Zeke goes down with a significant injury. If he can’t lead this team without Zeke being old Zeke then that’s all i need to know.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol I mean if they really believe that then we sure as fuck better not pay Dak. For the record i don’t believe this, but for as much help as we’ve given Dak, we better be fine even if Zeke goes down with a significant injury. If he can’t lead this team without Zeke being old Zeke then that’s all i need to know.

dak needs an elite roster to go 8-8.  franchise quarterback. 

Jesus what a stupid Take.  Zeke should be more efficient, but definitely not leading the league in rushing.

And of course there's talent around Dak.  There's talent around Brees, and Rodgers, and Brady and Mahomes.  Only QB dominating without a bunch of talent around him has been Russ(not that the others couldn't, they just haven't had to).

Dak's getting paid.  The Cowboys will pay him, or the Jones are even worse off than ya'll think, and we deserve to go 30+ years without a SB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

Jesus what a stupid Take.  Zeke should be more efficient, but definitely not leading the league in rushing.

And of course there's talent around Dak.  There's talent around Brees, and Rodgers, and Brady and Mahomes.  Only QB dominating without a bunch of talent around him has been Russ(not that the others couldn't, they just haven't had to).

Dak's getting paid.  The Cowboys will pay him, or the Jones are even worse off than ya'll think, and we deserve to go 30+ years without a SB.

Those guys make their talent better. I’m not saying Dak doesn’t do that at all, but clearly not to the level of those guys. Also, I challenge you to find ONE qb in the league that has more talent around him than Dak (besides brees). Because none of the guys you just listed has more talent around him other than MAYBE Brees. That’s the only one I’ll give you because I’m not gonna argue that. But a lot of guys that had their careers ruined by being drafted into a shitty situation look at Dak’s situation and they salivate. And rightfully so. You can’t get any more “Dak friendly” than this offense lol

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Those QBs have also usually had better defenses for the most part. How many leads did our defense give up for Romo? They are up and down but so inconsistent that it affects outcomes regardless of how Dak plays. 

We don’t have to do this again, but I’ll just put it this way. 2 years ago, when Jared Goff had a solid oline and a great running game, he looked like a really good qb. He went toe to toe with mahomes in a regular season game and played better than him. He outplayed Brees in that NFC championship game (although that says more about brees). He’s looked really good when he has the pieces around him. Then last year, out of nowhere, he looked like shit for about half the year. Or maybe it wasn’t out of nowhere. Maybe it was when his oline started getting worse and when Todd Gurley became a best of version of himself.

I think Goff and Dak are in the same tier, and I’m saying that not as a knock on Dak, but more because I don’t think Goff gets the credit he deserves for surviving fisher and looking really good when he had the pieces. Key word is had. In the very limited amount of time we’ve seen Dak without Zeke and without a healthy offensive line at the exact same time, he kinda looked like shit. Now that was his sophomore year, so clearly he has improved, i get that. But it’s the only time we’ve seen him without a competent running game. You almost can’t even judge two QBs against each other if one has a running game that the other team has to respect and the other doesn’t. That’s such a big variable. Go ask tannehill, and Cousins (or better yet, to ask stafford, a guy who has never had one). Go look at the year cousins had last year. He balled out. I’m going to take a wild guess and say Dalvin Cook had a little bit to do with that. I really want to see what Dak looks like without everything being perfect around him, now that he’s improved as a passer. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I really want to see what Dak looks like without everything being perfect around him

it would be so bad.  even surrounded by the best supporting cast in the league I still think we miss the playoffs again and it will be 100% on dak, again.  whether or not he gets $40MM/year will be a senility test for jerry. 

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We don’t have to do this again, but I’ll just put it this way. 2 years ago, when Jared Goff had a solid oline and a great running game, he looked like a really good qb. He went toe to toe with mahomes in a regular season game and played better than him. He outplayed Brees in that NFC championship game (although that says more about brees). He’s looked really good when he has the pieces around him. Then last year, out of nowhere, he looked like shit for about half the year. Or maybe it wasn’t out of nowhere. Maybe it was when his oline started getting worse and when Todd Gurley became a best of version of himself.

I think Goff and Dak are in the same tier, and I’m saying that not as a knock on Dak, but more because I don’t think Goff gets the credit he deserves for surviving fisher and looking really good when he had the pieces. Key word is had. In the very limited amount of time we’ve seen Dak without Zeke and without a healthy offensive line at the exact same time, he kinda looked like shit. Now that was his sophomore year, so clearly he has improved, i get that. But it’s the only time we’ve seen him without a competent running game. You almost can’t even judge two QBs against each other if one has a running game that the other team has to respect and the other doesn’t. That’s such a big variable. Go ask tannehill, and Cousins (or better yet, to ask stafford, a guy who has never had one). Go look at the year cousins had last year. He balled out. I’m going to take a wild guess and say Dalvin Cook had a little bit to do with that. I really want to see what Dak looks like without everything being perfect around him, now that he’s improved as a passer. 

Counterpoint, Dak has been more productive on a per play basis when Zeke is off the field over the past 2 seasons.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Counterpoint, Dak was more productive on a per play basis when Zeke was off the field last year.  

Pollard behind this offensive line fits the description of what i was talking about. Even if Zeke was out, teams would have to respect Pollard and our running game. They have to. If not Pollard will absolutely go for 100+ rushing yards. Per touch, pollard was on of the best in the league. When teams face the Lions, or the Texans, they can pay little to no attention to their running game. They don’t have to bite on play action. They can pin their ears back and get after the qb without fear of a team just gashing them with their running game. Dak has never had to deal with at any point in his career, except for one 6 game stretch in 2017. Teams didn’t need to respect Morris or McFadden, even with their empty rushing stats. 

and if you’re talking about with an empty backfield, wouldn’t all QBs be more productive on a per play basis with an empty backfield just because you’re in that formation for a pretty small sample size? So when you’re coming back against teams, that kinda makes sense. I say that, but I have no idea what I’m talking about. So maybe I’m wrong. If that’s what you were referring to.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The NY and Philly stickers in the toilet is a nice touch.  Shouldn't the TV be on the other wall. ?

Not if one shits faster than they shave...lolz.