Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I’d rather they uncover talent like the UDFA RB the Jags are using. The failure to nurture and develop young talent on the Texans by the buttchin regime was criminal 

Duke is a perfectly fine second option as he's displayed today. The issue is the washed, overvalued clown playing in front of him that should have never been on our roster. 

Great soft zone we are running here. LOL at this awful coaching staff. I hate this roster and coaching staff. I have a countdown clock for the last game of the season. Counting down the last time I have to hear the names- RAC, Mike Devlin, Tim Kelly, Senio Kelemete, Greg Mancz, etc

I have no idea who this lady is, but based on the outpouring of support from people and the franchise's inability to do anything correctly I can only imagine that they fucked up again and she was likely great at her job.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Houston-Texans-PR-Amy-Palcic-fired-NFL-reaction-15718984.php?IPID=Chron-HP-CP-Spotlight

On 11/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, ztejas said:

Watson is such a fucking generational pimp. Whoever was suggesting trading him is a dickless moron.

The reason why we should be willing to hear offers is because the only 1st round draft pick in this 4 year period the Texans have is Tytus Howard. How does a team only have 1 1st round pick in 4 years you ask? A real talent for mismanagement. 

Edited by Pasken

On 11/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, tx ind said:

I have no idea who this lady is, but based on the outpouring of support from people and the franchise's inability to do anything correctly I can only imagine that they fucked up again and she was likely great at her job.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Houston-Texans-PR-Amy-Palcic-fired-NFL-reaction-15718984.php?IPID=Chron-HP-CP-Spotlight

This is causing considerable uproar for whatever reason. Let’s hope this was Easterby’s idea and McNair realizes he not the right man to lead this organization. 

• Like 1

WTF?

Houston Texans could install Romeo Crennel as full-time head coach for 2021
Published: Nov 15, 2020 at 05:59 AM
Headshot_Author_Ian_Rapoport_1400x1000
Ian Rapoport
NFL Network Insider

The Houston Texans may turn to a familiar face to fill their most high-profile opening.
While they are still more than a month away from conducting the search to fill their head-coach opening, sources say that one strong possibility is to turn to Romeo Crennel as their full-time coach. It's currently being debated inside the organization.
Crennel -- now the interim coach -- is a well-respected, affable, long-time defensive coordinator who has been a head coach in the past. For the Texans, he could serve as a stop-gap coach, allowing the team to get to 2021 with some stability and pushing their true coaching search to the following offseason when COVID-19 restrictions would allow for a traditional in-person search.
No one knows what the country will be like in January, but flying around the country and interviewing several candidates may be challenging, even on private planes. It's possible that coaching candidates will be interviewed on Zoom. That means a team could invest $30 million or $40 million in a head coach they've never met.
For Houston, coming off a tumultuous but successful tenure under Bill O'Brien, having Crennel hold it down for a year is an intriguing option for how to move forward. He's also someone the players like and respect.
Crennel, 73, was head coach of the Cleveland Browns from 2005-2008 and had the same role with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012. He's been in Houston since 2014 in various leadership roles.
Under that scenario, VP of football operations Jack Easterby would continue to run football through the transition and may continue in that role if the team doesn't hire a GM. At least, that puts Easterby at the helm for several years until things settle.

Yeah.... If 2021 isn't going to be covid free, I wouldnt make a lot of coaching change happen as the owner. I'd search for people that can build and run the thing, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace RAC. The whole org needs a reboot and its going to take years of hitting 2nd and 3rd rd draft picks and renting/buying up and coming FAs to get the talent level in place. Coaching matters, but this team has a jimmies and joes gap.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Time to be an Indian Washington Football Team giver and ask for all our draft picks back from Miami and return Tunsil and Stills. 

Tunsil’s been rock solid this year. It was a steep-ass price to pay (maybe too high) but he’s playing at an All-Pro level...

16 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I made the same mistake earlier. But yes, Houston at Cleveland is on Fox today, not CBS. But there is a weather delay in Cleveland. And the local Fox chose to air Tampa Bay at Carolina instead of Houston at Cleveland anyway, days before we knew of a weather delay. 

Hah shit, I stand corrected; weird...

Texans really want Miami to have a badass round one pick. I guess they really do want to blow up the franchise. They know they will have to let Watt go. I bet hearing they would keep Romeo and not going after a real HC was all Watt needed to hear. About wanting to leave Htown for another team. 

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Cleveland used the 2nd round pick we gave them to take Cock Asswiper off our hands for Nick Chubb; good thing we don't need a good young running back on a rookie deal...

I'm hopeful that Javonte Williams from UNC will still be there in the 3rd round this year. We don't run block for shit, so we'll need someone who can run through contact to take a little heat off Watson.

No point in having a great RB if your OL is garbage. Have A LOT of work to do to remedy that, likely need a great offensive mind as HC to bring in a good OL coach who can sign free agents who know the system and trust the new coaches, because we can’t build through the draft completely. Using our first pick in a RB when our OL is awful is probably not a great idea.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

They aren't winning anything with this defense. I'm talking about preserving Watson until they have a chance. A good RB would make the OL look better. They don't have a great cap situation or a lot of picks to fix things. One player that can help in multiple areas would be a smart use of a pick in my opinion even if unconventional.

14 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

No point in having a great RB if your OL is garbage. Have A LOT of work to do to remedy that, likely need a great offensive mind as HC to bring in a good OL coach who can sign free agents who know the system and trust the new coaches, because we can’t build through the draft completely. Using our first pick in a RB when our OL is awful is probably not a great idea.

Our roster has so many holes that, outside of QB, we should take the best player available at any position in each round...

Edited by Ignatius

5 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

WTF?

Houston Texans could install Romeo Crennel as full-time head coach for 2021
Published: Nov 15, 2020 at 05:59 AM
Headshot_Author_Ian_Rapoport_1400x1000
Ian Rapoport
NFL Network Insider

The Houston Texans may turn to a familiar face to fill their most high-profile opening.
While they are still more than a month away from conducting the search to fill their head-coach opening, sources say that one strong possibility is to turn to Romeo Crennel as their full-time coach. It's currently being debated inside the organization.
Crennel -- now the interim coach -- is a well-respected, affable, long-time defensive coordinator who has been a head coach in the past. For the Texans, he could serve as a stop-gap coach, allowing the team to get to 2021 with some stability and pushing their true coaching search to the following offseason when COVID-19 restrictions would allow for a traditional in-person search.
No one knows what the country will be like in January, but flying around the country and interviewing several candidates may be challenging, even on private planes. It's possible that coaching candidates will be interviewed on Zoom. That means a team could invest $30 million or $40 million in a head coach they've never met.
For Houston, coming off a tumultuous but successful tenure under Bill O'Brien, having Crennel hold it down for a year is an intriguing option for how to move forward. He's also someone the players like and respect.
Crennel, 73, was head coach of the Cleveland Browns from 2005-2008 and had the same role with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2012. He's been in Houston since 2014 in various leadership roles.
Under that scenario, VP of football operations Jack Easterby would continue to run football through the transition and may continue in that role if the team doesn't hire a GM. At least, that puts Easterby at the helm for several years until things settle.

So Texan..

Everything BoB related needs to go, ASAP. You can't even begin to rebuild or tread water with spare coaches. That 4th down play says it all.

Covid is no excuse to keep another loser around. If you can draft and conduct other football related business, you can find a coach. Any excuse about Covid is just losers making excuses.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So Texan..

Everything BoB related needs to go, ASAP. You can't even begin to rebuild or tread water with spare coaches. That 4th down play says it all.

Covid is no excuse to keep another loser around. If you can draft and conduct other football related business, you can find a coach. Any excuse about Covid is just losers making excuses.

This is the truth. The resume padding chaplain needs to be fired. I don’t think we’re going to get best candidates for GM and coach if he is still around.