Ear-bleeders

UTCzech III

Whether you're drunk, high, pissed off (or maybe all three, like tonight), let's hear your songs (whether you're in the car, or have headphones on, or I guess lucky enough to live in a house where your neighbors don't give a shit) that you just cannot crank loud enough.  Songs you just say, fuck it, I don't care if I go deaf tomorrow, I need this shit as loud as possible right now...  Mine are all live versions, because I think the live versions blow the studio versions away... YMMV...

Any live version from 1979-1980...

ITAOT version...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Pos rep to OP, I typically don't crank the music up anymore in my middle age, but I've got a dozen versions of "Run Like Hell"...and whenever they come on...I turn it up as loud as it gets. 

Something about Gilmour riff seems to need to get to the ether with my help

I'll submit this one also.  It's obviously a fun song to chant along with, but cranking up the noise brings out a strong horn line and a great rockabilly Bb major  that teeters on the line of bending into a blues minor, but the roller coaster ride is a damn good song up loud. 

Edited by Lobo

Most of The Clash makes for pretty good crankers.

I love to kick out the jams with the opening chords of 

But I usually turn it down after Topper kicks in.

This, however, stays up.

But the bass line and deep synth/drum machine are liable to break shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I gotta add for my own sanity so I can call back on it in 2021.  But anytime from 2012-2019 and I was traveling at a business conference.  I would take a break between the plenary reception and the myriad evening events.  Would go up to my room and blare the shit out of this song.  As loud as it would get between the in-room stereo, my laptop, whatever it was...this was the only way I could psyche myself up into dealing with white people for another few hours: 

this song got me through more awkward elevator "Hey, you heading down to the oyster bar mixer?" conversations that I could possibly count.  Don't know what the 2021 soundtrack looks like when it all goes back online.  Look forward to swapping war stories with y'all.  

don't laugh (too much).  this one is more about historical context, for me.  besides it getting a lot of play at The Back Room, back in the day, where we'd kill off a several pitchers of beer after softball games, it stands out for me because of paintball.  

there was an indoor paintball place out off Burleson, near Lockheed.  they had badass guns (gravity feed, rapid-fire, etc.---light years ahead of our old Splatmasters).  it was dark, with a maze in the middle lit up with strobes.  very intense.  

anyway, one of ME### profs had pulled me aside a couple days before and told me I needed a B on the final to pass his class and graduate.  took the test in the afternoon, then we went to the paintball place.  during one of the rounds, this song was played particularly loud.  again, very intense.

prof called me that evening, shortly after we got home to tell me I totally blew it on the first question.  my heart was seriously taxed , at this point.  fortunately, I was one of the few who got the other three questions right, so he passed me.  woohoo!  done with school forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm middle aged, so I will start with my first "crank it up" song I remember when I was really young

in the 80's I heard about this new group called Metallica. I played this song over and over in my car equipped with Jensen Triaxials

Last, an example of the type of music I crank up now. I cranked this up after we lost to ou. I love this fucking song

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Put the crack pipe down. You can get your ass kicking at 3:30 today at the flag pole.

That was bad ass and I’m here to dine on some delectable crow.

I was comparing the Zakk Wyler concert version of Mr. Crowley against them Randy Rhodes studio version.

I love the song, but it’s original recording didn’t do anything for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Weird, when I click that mr Crowley link I posted it goes to a no more tears video now. Wtf?

I see neither Crowley nor War Pigs. When I click on it I get Crazy Train with Jake on guitar.

IMO it's Randy>Jake (close second)>Zakk