The Surly Official 2020 I voted thread.

immamac

Just got back from voting at the drive-thru location at HCC on the west loop. Harris County's site isn't updating the wait times often enough apparently so the line was longer than I anticipated, but it moved quickly. There were probably 30 cars in front of me and the wait was only 20 minutes or so. 10/10 experience, would recommend. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Check out this fucking guy at my polling place in West Lake Hills

7db9aa57261db89e83e5552b8e32df14.jpg

Nice parking job, dickweed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I thought this was gonna be about his choice of car manufacturer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Check out this fucking guy at my polling place in West Lake Hills

7db9aa57261db89e83e5552b8e32df14.jpg

Nice parking job, dickweed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I take up an extra parking space, that's one less Biden voter than fit in here today..."

.gifofguypointingathishead 

56 minutes ago, Big D said:

I voted yesterday in Allen, TX.  Look all of 5 minutes.

When people ask about whether my kids are still in town, I say, yes, we have one that lives in Knox-Henderson and the other not so close.  In Allen.

And then they express their sympathies. And I give them a baleful/rueful nod.

• Like 1

Dropped my ballot at Fairfax county center 3rd day that ballots were open in Virgina.... Same place idiot pro-trump people were blocking access on the first day.  Short line, took 5 minutes.  First time I didn't even bother looking at candidates and voted straight democratic (I was a left leaning independent before Trump)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just voted!  1 hour in Central Austin at the Rec Center.  I had the extreme displeasure of having two elderly mask-avoiding Aggy standing behind me at far too close a distance.

After being in line for 30 minutes, they tried to cut ahead of me in line because I guess I wasn't moving fast enough??  I called them out on it, and they said, oh, we thought you just got here.  wtf?  The dude in front of me turned around and said, no, he's been here.   Then the old lady actually bumped into my back with her face because she shuffled forward and "wasn't paying attention".  At the actual building entrance there was a hand sanitizer station.  The old lady asked her husband - do we HAVE to use it before going in? He said, no, you're good.  Of course, with my luck they got the voting booth next to mine.  She couldn't figure it all out, so the old maroon-shirted grampa loudly pointed out how to vote for Trump and Cornyn - that's all that matters, I don't know about any other those others.  God help us!! 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Iowa Horn said:

Just voted!  1 hour in Central Austin at the Rec Center.  I had the extreme displeasure of having two elderly mask-avoiding Aggy standing behind me at far too close a distance.

After being in line for 30 minutes, they tried to cut ahead of me in line because I guess I wasn't moving fast enough??  I called them out on it, and they said, oh, we thought you just got here.  wtf?  The dude in front of me turned around and said, no, he's been here.   Then the old lady actually bumped into my back with her face because she shuffled forward and "wasn't paying attention".  At the actual building entrance there was a hand sanitizer station.  The old lady asked her husband - do we HAVE to use it before going in? He said, no, you're good.  Of course, with my luck they got the voting booth next to mine.  She couldn't figure it all out, so the old maroon-shirted grampa loudly pointed out how to vote for Trump and Cornyn - that's all that matters, I don't know about any other those others.  God help us!! 

Hopefully she only voted for the first 2 and left the rest of it blank. Trashy people.

1 hour ago, Iowa Horn said:

I love to hear this.  It confirms a lot of my suspicions.

I really think the GOP move to eliminate straight-ticket voting is going to bite them in the ass.  Much like their gerrymander, it made sense when they cornered the market on white, suburban, well-educated voters.  Those people will vote up and down the ballot.  But the lower-educated voters on which the GOP now rely are less likely to go down the ballot.  They'll vote for president and senator, sure.  But are they going to take time to vote for Railroad Commissioner or SCOTX justice?

I think the vote drop-off down the ballot is going to be something to keep a keen eye on.

Just voted at Zaragoza rec center in Austin.  Ridiculously easy.  6 minutes from my office. No wait. Vote. 6 minutes back to office.  Whole thing took 20 minutes door to door.

I also like that there is a printed ballot for audit trail. No magas.  Even grabbed a handful of condoms that seemed about the right size.

I grabbed on the the Spanish language stickers :  "Yo vote' " 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Voted in Pearland with the wife last night. Straight dem ticket. Had a lady hanging out at the end of the line handing out dem cheat sheet. Not sure if permitted but fuck the Republicans.  Seemed like a overwhelming amount of Democrats in line. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, UTperks said:

Voted in Pearland with the wife last night. Straight dem ticket. Had a lady hanging out at the end of the line handing out dem cheat sheet. Not sure if permitted but fuck the Republicans.  Seemed like a overwhelming amount of Democrats in line. 

Cheat sheet?

One of my lifelong best friend's dad (Republican) is running for an important position in this year's election. He's in a different precinct so I can't vote in his race. He's a good man, good father, good grandfather. I like him a lot. I've known him for 30 years. But I would vote for his opponent if given the chance. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Just voted at Zaragoza rec center in Austin.  Ridiculously easy.  6 minutes from my office. No wait. Vote. 6 minutes back to office.  Whole thing took 20 minutes door to door.

I also like that there is a printed ballot for audit trail. No magas.  Even grabbed a handful of condoms that seemed about the right size.

I grabbed on the the Spanish language stickers :  "Yo vote' " 

They should give out buttons that say "Yo votha, En Tharagotha"

Edited by tantric superman

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

Cheat sheet?

like a good Central Austin liberal, i often print out the Austin Chronicle endorsements and reference that as i am voting. Mostly helpful with Propositions that have confusing FOR and AGAINST language.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

One of my lifelong best friend's dad (Republican) is running for an important position in this year's election. He's in a different precinct so I can't vote in his race. He's a good man, good father, good grandfather. I like him a lot. I've known him for 30 years. But I would vote for his opponent if given the chance. 

I would vote against Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and Jehova if they had R's next to their name.

edit: And my own mother

Edited by High Plains Drifter
mo better
  • Hook 'Em 4

I voted. Y'all should be fucking terrified. (Yes I voted for Biden and actually thought it would be a harder decision but it wasn't. At all)

I surprised myself by going straight dem on all of the court positions. Pro choice and decrim/less harsh drug sentences swings it enough I guess. Even though I'm pro 2nd ammendment but I figure it's Texas so what's the difference. I just don't want to hypothetically be in front of some conservative judge that I helped put on the bench. 

Some split stuff outside of that. Sorry/not sorry.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Waco representin'...walked across the street to the courthouse annex and fulfilled my civic duty yesterday, then walked one block and got a sammich at Schmaltz, and kicked up my feet on my desk in satisfaction of a resounding "Fuck you" to the Rs.

This..

All R's can get it.

• Like 1

Voted some time ago, via mail here in CA, and just got notice that the ballot has been received an accepted.  I certainly did not rely on the illegal CA GOP ballot boxes.  Fuck you GOP, indeed.

Unfortunately I won't be able to change my vote based on last night's  town hall performances because.....   well, obviously I wouldn't because it only reinforces what should be obvious to anyone.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Worst part: the election volunteer looking at me, looking down at the tiny condom, looking back at me, nodding to herself and mumbling 'yep, about right' and handing it to me

That's crazy. When I went she looked over her shoulder and said "Hey Suze, we're gonna need a bigger one, do we have any in the back?"

• Hook 'Em 1

Got in line at NW hills rec center around 9:55 am. They had a sign showing the 60 minute wait mark about 10 people up the line, said fuck it and went to ACC highland. The line was massive there, but was moving so quickly that I able to drive there from NW Rec center, wait in line and finish voting, all by 10:35. Would highly recommend.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

vote.png.d14b396aaa6f3651487788f4bf6b1ccf.png

The best part is that now my TV will stop showing political ads and debates and "discussion" on the news channels, I'll stop getting robocalls and spam texts, and all the signs clogging my neighborhood will magically disappear.

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, UnivTex34 said:

Voted in the Flawn this morning (UGL for you old fucks). Line was around half the building when things opened at 7, but I walked over from my office in Main at 8:30 and there was no line at all. I guess things are so efficient when everyone is only hitting the Dem button.

I'm so old, I remember when they had actual books at the UGLy.