Markets still falling like whoa

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Stay long and turn news off during crazy times.

”Don’t just stand there, do nothing.” - Bogle

It’s harder than it appears but it’s FTW.

Yep - I did not make any major moves all year and am quite happy with where we are now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

No question. Gridlock in Washington means stability for business. No shocking changes. Wall Street loves that.

No crazy president causing individual stocks to go down with a random tweet? No crazy president sending the entire market down with tweets? And a senate to block any tax hikes on themselves? Wall Street must be orgasming right now. Can't think of a combo that would make them happier than Moderate Dem Prez + Republican Senate.

4 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

No crazy president causing individual stocks to go down with a random tweet? No crazy president sending the entire market down with tweets? And a senate to block any tax hikes on themselves? Wall Street must be orgasming right now. Can't think of a combo that would make them happier than Moderate Dem Prez + Republican Senate.

Yes, hoping we get that result home.  Market could really run up to a vaccine.  Then I actually expect the market to struggle as people begin to realize the vaccine coming out and the public getting vaccinated in the numbers needed are two completely different things. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes, hoping we get that result home.  Market could really run up to a vaccine.  Then I actually expect the market to struggle as people begin to realize the vaccine coming out and the public getting vaccinated in the numbers needed are two completely different things. 

I think that we see a big bump on the interim data/EUA, and a pull back when the reality of the logistics come into focus. Agree. 

4 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

None of that is gonna make a shit if the economy doesnt pick it up. The Nasdaq is up 35% YTD in a year when 2020 GDP is forecast to be down ~4-8%. Here is Deloittes recent forecast

image.thumb.png.b29288321b1508ad03d45e59b362a014.png

That shit dont add up. The more you inflate the bubble the sharper the decline when it pops. Another round of global lockdowns and those numbers could be worse. We're running out of levers to pull. 

image.png.808f4f052084ed8bf52a0e335f5cd124.png

I just saw this earnings report, and I'm amazed

Yeti Inc. YETI, +16.51% shares soared 16.5% in Thursday trading after the cooler and outdoor drinkware company reported earnings that beat expectations and said sales exceeded $1 billion over a one-year period

That must mean that Yeti sold at least 1,000 of their coolers at $1million each

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I am on the sideline because the brrrrrr money machine is invincible until it isn’t.

What's your plan to get back in? Worst mistake I made was moving to cash before 2016 election. Then it was perpetually a record high market I couldn't rationally buy into... Are you expecting a major crash in the next 12 months? What if it doesn't come for 4 years? 

Thursday morning Groupon "shot up" to 22 bucks from 21.... Which is basically nothing.

And yet there were bid orders for 28, 29, 30 dollar calls expiring the next fucking day.  Lmao.  The bids were about 40, 50 bucks per contract so obv i sold a bunch of them (naked).  It's paying for my dinner tonight.