Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

5:40p 

Staff

Been checking in with sources across the region throughout the afternoon to see what I could gather on a few of A&M's remaining targets. Here's what I've been able to gather...

- Obviously, Major Burns trip to Athens this weekend was not ideal for A&M's efforts to land him down the final straightaway. I was able to gather a bit of intel on the in-home with the Aggie staff, and I do believe that, barring a public commitment on the other side of this OV to Georgia, Burns will choose between the Aggies and Bulldogs on Wednesday. In other words, I'd bet on him having an LOI from both universities. Like I said in the visitor thread, it sounds like the door has not completely shut on A&M just yet. I've been told Burns and his family have been in contact with Aggie coaching staff today. To sum it up though, I'd file this one in the doubtful category. 

- Heard today that Florida is gearing up for one last push at Dallas Jesuit RB EJ Smith. The Gator staff feels like they've got enough time and equity put into this one over the entire cycle that it could pay off in the end. It's a little bit of an odd strategy for Mullen in company, trying to make late surges in the final few days, but it's worth it if they land EJ or Donell Harris. 

- Still nothing of any strong value on either side of the ledger for Zach Evans based on the conversations I've had today. Evans met one on one with Ed Orgeron and Jimbo Fisher over the course of the week. The intel I got today would indicate that the reports coming out of LSU that the Tigers are moving on to other running back recruits were a bit misleading...perhaps purposefully so. 

Evans is still very much a priority for the Tigers, and I do not believe they've moved on. Now, they may be checking around on some other guys, but it sounds like Zach remains their top target. 

I suppose the video refers to Jimbo. 

If we win our bowl game and Jimbo loses an additional top recruit, this could be a pretty amusing off season. At least, for those open to the idea of lightening up a little bit. 

Looking forward to Texifornia's clipping service to come.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, RGBIII said:

No shot in hell that’s real...Aiden is the second fakest aggy kid name I’ve ever heard...Ayden would be the first

His dad's name is Asher from reading the post. If that's his real name, brave to post it in a forum.

Being a high school coach has to suck. You have to cut kids and even when you think you're doing the right thing and moving a kid up, you have to deal with a dipshit like this. Not sure that this is real--you don't get near the amount of games in high school as you do with select basketball. 

2 hours ago, XForce said:

His dad's name is Asher from reading the post. If that's his real name, brave to post it in a forum.

Being a high school coach has to suck. You have to cut kids and even when you think you're doing the right thing and moving a kid up, you have to deal with a dipshit like this. Not sure that this is real--you don't get near the amount of games in high school as you do with select basketball. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, XForce said:

Do they cut kids in TXHSFB?  They used to let everyone on the team...

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

Translation: "I haven't been able to get a hold of him, and I would rather not spend my Sunday night moderating my subscribers flinging poop at each other all over the boards"

EL38Cs2WsAAeuKi?format=jpg&name=900x900

The Ministry saying he will sign with aggy on Wednesday, despite the rumors. They also have their choice of everyone left and will only sign who Jimbo deems worthy. 

• Like 1

Brian PerroniSTAFF

Posted on 36 mins, V I P, User Since 197 months ago, User Post Count: 0

36 minsVIP

197 months

- I still expect Antonio Doyle to announce for A&M at 3 p.m.

-Dallas Walker is 'announcing' on Wednesday at noon. Look for him to stick with his A&M pledge, especially after visiting over the weekend.

-Not a ton new on Donell Harris. Florida is still pushing very hard for him and will continue to recruit him up until he puts pen to paper on Wednesday. A&M feels the weekend went reallt well. The other recruits thinks he sticks. But, this is one we will be watching until he signs with one school or another. My prediction is still A&M, though. He plans to wait until 3 p.m. Central on Wednesday to announce/sign.

-Chris Morris has a legitimate interest in Ole Miss but, as I said last night, I still expect him to sign with A&M. I'm still not ready to say 100%, but I'm fairly confident in that one.

-Though he is not going to end up at A&M, the Dontae Manning recruitment is one to watch. If he ends up choosing Georgia, then that means the Bulldogs do not likely have a spot for Major Burns. If he goes with Oregon, then Burns likely ends up in Athens. Manning does not plan to publicly announce until the Under Armour Game on Jan. 2, but schools should know his choice on Wednesday. Right now, I would guess that, despite the late visit to UGA, he probably still ends up at Oregon. That would not be good news for A&M re: Burns. Burns plans to sign at 9 a.m. Wednesday and will have an NLI from A&M. If he does not pick Georgia, it will be the Aggies.

-There is nothing new on Zachary Evans. I'm still not 100% convinced he will sign early and have the school hold onto it until his announcement on Jan. 2. But, that was the plan last I was told. Obviously, the EJ Smith Wednesday decision will likely be impacted by how A&M feels on Evans. I'd put it at 50/50 with A&M and LSU at this point with the caveat I always add that absolutely nothing would surprise me. Daniyel Ngata is now set to announce at Under Armour on Jan. 2 instead of the World Bowl on Dec. 21. He's the third guy to at least keep an eye on in this.

-Fadil Diggs plans to sign at Noon on Wednesday. I still believe it will be A&M, despite Locksley being a very good recruiter and Maryland using the distance factor. But, the Terps will be working on him until he signs.

-Auburn is not going to take JUCO CB Brian George. At this point, I don't think he is an option for A&M either, but I have not gotten a definitive answer.

-I hopefully should have a better answer today on if Kenneth Phillips and/or Jordan Jefferson are signing. If you missed it yesterday, Phillips says he is OK with grayshirting as he knows he won't be able to play this coming season. He is supposed to talk to Jimbo soon

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The only reason they missed on, well, everyone after Jaylon Jones is that they used all their bags on Evans and all their problems come from running too clean of a program:

Reveal hidden contents

EL61TDSWoAAU7EN?format=jpg&name=900x900EL7MAF-XYAAohRa?format=jpg&name=360x360EL7MAkAXUAInVnL?format=png&name=smallEL7YgRnWoAA43F5?format=png&name=small

My only weakness is that sometimes I'm too honest and care too much.

• Like 1