Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

56 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

So... we are fucked with Golding?

Tnanks for bringing to my attention that I never said they were bad. Just that you can't assume they are great. You have to look for more data. I hope you enjoyed the example. Belichick may be a surly guy but he is a witch when it comes to coaching.

7 minutes ago, MissouriHorn said:

Just texted my buddy. (Both sides are working on it being a) Done deal. Lanning and Sark have same agent. Played a big role. 

Noticed the edit. Does "working on it being a done deal" mean there's been an agreement in principle on all material terms and it's just a matter of papering it up, or does it mean they're still negotiating big points but are close to an agreement in principle? Minor but important distinction. 

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Noticed the edit. Does "working on it being a done deal" mean there's been an agreement in principle on all material terms and it's just a matter of papering it up, or does it mean they're still negotiating big points but are close to an agreement in principle? Minor but important distinction. 

See any Austin/Athens flights?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, derpyhorndog said:

Correct. And as a high school football coach myself, I do not take jinxes lightly and wanted to avoid jinxing it from falling apart lol. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Horns247 also expects the Longhorns to eventually part ways with Director of Recruiting Bryan Carrington.

USC was speculation 

Well that would suck, but like I said earlier, it's a lot easier to find good recruiters when they don't also have to be good coaches.

Edited by Burt Macklin

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

TBF, every opponent they played except Bama and Florida were refried ass.

eh, this is their schedule w/ final OFEI

• Arky - 61
  • Auburn - 48
  • Tennessee - 90
  • Bama - 1
  • Kentucky - 101
  • Florida - 10
  • Miss St - 104 (YIKES)
  • South Carolina - 72
  • Mizzou - 51
  • Vandy - 106
  • Cincy - 35

man, the SEC had some fucking TERRIBLE offenses this year

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Fair enough.  But if Football scoop reports it, it's solid.

23 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Not sure Georgia's got the best defense against the spread. The two times they played the spread offenses in the SEC (Alabama/Florida), they gave up 40+ points.

I got news for you...everyone gives up points to the spread.  It's why teams are implementing it.

Name a DC that doesn't give up points to the spread.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

eh, this is their schedule w/ final OFEI

• Arky - 61
  • Auburn - 48
  • Tennessee - 90
  • Bama - 1
  • Kentucky - 101
  • Florida - 10
  • Miss St - 104 (YIKES)
  • South Carolina - 72
  • Mizzou - 51
  • Vandy - 106
  • Cincy - 35

man, the SEC had some fucking TERRIBLE offenses this year

SEC etc...

3 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I hear Jawja is demanding we foot the psychotropics bill for UGA since he has never been the same after Bevo kicked his ass. 

Just now, texifornia said:

Could just be for more money and a chance to fully run his side of the ball.

Just like being a DC under Saban - you can be great at your job and people are still going to say ' yeah, but thats a Kirby Smart defense'.  Being a DC at a place like Texas under an offensive minded HC is a fast track to a HC job if he's successful.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Just like being a DC under Saban - you can be great at your job and people are still going to say ' yeah, but thats a Kirby Smart defense'.  Being a DC at a place like Texas under an offensive minded HC is a fast track to a HC job if he's successful.

This plus a fat pay raise never hurts.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Any Athens-Austin plane action?

Check with Ringo's mom. 

Seriously, UGA has been pretty salty on D. There are some great athletes out there, but they also seem to know where to be. And they play hard. I could see UGA wanting to bring Muschamp home, but I'm not sure he's an upgrade from Lanning. 

Georgia football defense rankings

Scoring defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 2 nationally, 10.10 points per game

Rushing defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 4 nationally, 74.6 yards per game

Total defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 5 nationally, 260.3 yards per game

Pass efficiency defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 9 nationally, 107.95 rating

Red zone defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 1 nationally, .538

13 RedZone trips, 4 pass TD, 3 FG, 0 Rush TD

3rd down conversion defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 11 nationally, 29.6 percent

First down defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 6 nationally, 130 allowed

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

See any Austin/Athens flights?

Nope, not seeing any Austin--Athens. But there's a jet going about to go Athens --> Fort Worth that's owned by Houston restauranteur Edd Hendee (Taste of Texas, etc.). Looks like his family has ties to UT, but he appears to be a Cougar High grad - so doubt there's anything there but figured I'd note. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Back when he left Sam Houston for Bama, the reason Nick Saban hired him was because he told Saban to his face he wanted to be an NFL HC one day. I guess that got Saban fired up. And this move would likely help that trajectory. None of us can guarantee how great his defense will be but if you took the time to research his history and how he got into coaching, not sure we could get a more dedicated and committed guy. He is going to coach his ass off. And if you've ever watched a Georgia game, you can tell Kirby has his hands all over that defense. This would definitely allow him some more autonomy. 

Edited by MissouriHorn
Fired up in a good way.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Nope, not seeing any Austin--Athens. But there's a jet going about to go Athens --> Fort Worth that's owned by Houston restauranteur Edd Hendee (Taste of Texas, etc.). Looks like his family has ties to UT, but he appears to be a Cougar High grad - so doubt there's anything there but figured I'd note. 

State championship finals in Arlington...

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

For those that say this is a lateral move... maybe there is more smoke to the idea that the Tenn mess did blow back on UGA and very simply money talks..

I think it been hinted at Boom wants the UGA job, his son is a walk on there, we foot Lannings buy out and UGA gets Boom and we get our DC and Lanning makes a name for himself with out Kirby standing over him. Win Win for everybody involved.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Georgia football defense rankings

Scoring defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 2 nationally, 10.10 points per game

Rushing defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 4 nationally, 74.6 yards per game

Total defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 5 nationally, 260.3 yards per game

Pass efficiency defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 9 nationally, 107.95 rating

Red zone defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 1 nationally, .538

13 RedZone trips, 4 pass TD, 3 FG, 0 Rush TD

3rd down conversion defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 11 nationally, 29.6 percent

First down defense

No. 1 SEC, No. 6 nationally, 130 allowed

let's use better metrics that take into account things like quality of opponents played and that remove garbage time possessions

FEI rankings

• DFEI = 12, best in SEC
  • Defensive Points Per Drive = 26
  • Points per Drive from Long Scoring Position (inside offensive 20) = 30
  • Points per Drive from Middle Scoring Position (between its offense 20 and own 40) = 15
  • Points per Drive from Short Starting Position (begin less than 60 yards from own end zone) = 125
  • Drive Yards per Play = 13
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 4+ yards per play: 4
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 7+ yards per play: 11
  • % of defensive Drives that avg 10+ yards per play: 54
  • opponent offensive avaliable yards %: 5  (available yards percentage is calculated by dividing drive yards earned by available yards measured from starting field postion to end zone.)
  • Available yards percentages as measured from starting field position to the opponent 20-yard line (O20, D20), as measured from starting field position to the opponent 40-yard line (O40, D40), and as measured from starting field position to the offense's own 40-yard line (O60, D60) are also provided.
  • D20: 4
  • D40: 4
  • D60: 4
Edited by NoName