2021 transfer thread

Machinator

3 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

An imaginary friend of mine who is close with his uncle says that OU is the early leader for Tathan's talents.

Tathan taking his talents anywhere than Tulsa or Tulane makes transparent the thin thinking throughout this process. Trusting his talents to translate to the big twelve truncates his trajectory and turns into a trivial tenure at Tennessee.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Tathan taking his talents anywhere than Tulsa or Tulane makes transparent the thin thinking throughout this process. Trusting his talents to translate to the big twelve truncates his trajectory and turns into a trivial tenure at Tennessee.

…aight

1 hour ago, Knewk210 said:

Sark has talked about being real and honest with recruits. Maybe this is a good sign. Maybe the conversation was we want you to be our fourth back behind Bijan, Roschon, possibly LJ. You feeling me dog? cause I'm being real. 

Sure it could mean we're getting LJ, but, you know, fuck OU.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Good catch @Getafix 

Rivals - 11th in the state of Michigan

247 - 13th overall in the country 

Dohn 247 bump perhaps? 

Dohn had him at #13 in his own rankings ... he got two big bumps, in May and Jan.  (So 247 was significantly higher than the other services for over 8 months, but the last one got him his 5th 247 star.)  247 history below.

Also, FWIW - extract from Barton Simmons' note on the final set of 247 5 stars.

image.thumb.png.f3eff86264639dfe6569d8f337a35e5a.png

image.thumb.png.d0cfcbbf9b4fed4b9d313b1b51f99174.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Unfortunately, his scholarship was a complete waste for us. 

I have a relative whose scholarship was a complete waste for us.  It happens.  He does quite well for himself now.   I’m a little surprised it happened for a kid who was slinging Xanax in hs.  ‘‘Twas just a tip of the cap to a kid who played school when that seemed unlikely while he was being recruited.

Edited by conVINCEd
Grammar and shit

On 1/27/2021 at 8:20 PM, Knewk210 said:

I'm an old alum. My dad is 87 years old. To this day he considers Texas players that cross the Red River as traitors.  I love his passion. He is appropriate in front of my Mom but when we are alone he says fuck OU don't tell your Mom I said that. LOL

Your dad fucks.

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Might just be referring to the two we have and enjoying the neat Photoshop.

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

How the fuck does WV always land kids from Florida? I've never been there, but wtf? 

History. 

Nehlen was hired right after Bowden left for FSU and made a point of making pipeline connections to specific schools in FL and kept that trend running through his tenure. Rich Rod came in after Nehlen and amplified the trend.

• Like 1