2021 Texas Offseason: Sark Attacks Austin

texifornia

On 7/29/2021 at 11:36 AM, Red Five said:

The bot will put it up momentarily, but Ian Boyd has a new piece on IT where he talks about how hard our schedule is and how he could see us starting 2-4. I can't speak to the rest of the article because I stopped there. 

Love the underperforming talk from media -- The 2021 Longhorns don't need hype.  They need to work their asses off, make no excuses, and have an attitude that nobody is gonna give them anything this year.

If you want greatness -- go get it!! 

HOOK 'EM 🤘

• Hook 'Em 5

On 7/29/2021 at 12:56 PM, HtownHorn said:

Anything less than 5-1 is a failure. Sorry. This coaching staff should be an elite game day staff, and there was plenty of talent last year for this team to go 10-0, except for shitty coaching. I do not care you those other teams have coming back or brought in, Texas should have equal if not better talent across the board than all of them.

The writers and media from butthurt schools want to convince themselves that Texas will suck this year so badly and won't succeed in the SEC. I am not sure what they will do with themselves when we are in the title game vs Oklahoma again this year, but we absolutely have the roster and coaches to do that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From USC 247

Redshirt sophomore Bru McCoy was arrested on suspicion of a felony more than a week ago, USCFootball.com has learned. The wide receiver was charged with intimate partner violence with injury, according to an LAPD spokesperson. McCoy, 21, was released on $50,000 bail on July 24th, the same day of his arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court on November 24.

"USC does not condone violence of any kind," the athletic department said when contacted for a statement. "We are aware of the situation, and USC’s Office for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX is reviewing it. Because of federal student privacy laws, we are unable to share additional information at this time.

“The student-athlete has been temporarily removed from team activities.”

A legal representative for McCoy was not available when contacted for comment.

Police said that McCoy was arrested on suspicion of violation of the California Penal Code section 273.5(a), but declined to provide more information about the incident. The violation is described as any person who willfully inflicts corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition upon a current or former spouse, cohabitant or dating partner. If found guilty, it can carry a punishment up to a $6,000 fine and/or up to four years in state prison.

Sources familiar with police operations explained that in the case of a domestic violence call, officers are more likely to make an arrest and defer criminal charges to a district attorney. McCoy’s criminal charges are still pending, according to McCoy’s arrest filing. However, sources with knowledge of McCoy’s situation have suggested it is unlikely McCoy will see the field in 2021 due to the serious nature of the allegations.

McCoy finished the 2020 season with 21 receptions for 236 yards and two scores in six games of action. McCoy was expected to be one of quarterback Kedon Slovis' top targets in 2021 along with returning wide receiver Drake London.

McCoy has experienced a turbulent journey since the five-star receiver from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei committed to USC at the Army All-American Game. Shortly after arriving on campus in 2019 as an early enrollee, the wide receiver transferred to Texas where he participated in the Longhorns’ spring camp. Prior to the start of the 2019 season, McCoy transferred back to USC, but soon after battled a mysterious illness that kept him away from football for a year. The shortened 2020 season marked the first time the wide receiver could contribute on the field as a Trojan.

USC begins its 2021 fall camp on Friday, August 6.

Thanks for that 2021 texas off-season update. Greatly appreciated....keep up the good work bud!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From USC 247

Redshirt sophomore Bru McCoy was arrested on suspicion of a felony more than a week ago, USCFootball.com has learned. The wide receiver was charged with intimate partner violence with injury, according to an LAPD spokesperson. McCoy, 21, was released on $50,000 bail on July 24th, the same day of his arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court on November 24.

"USC does not condone violence of any kind," the athletic department said when contacted for a statement. "We are aware of the situation, and USC’s Office for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX is reviewing it. Because of federal student privacy laws, we are unable to share additional information at this time.

Police said that McCoy was arrested on suspicion of violation of the California Penal Code section 273.5(a), but declined to provide more information about the incident. The violation is described as any person who willfully inflicts corporal injury resulting in a traumatic condition upon a current or former spouse, cohabitant or dating partner. If found guilty, it can carry a punishment up to a $6,000 fine and/or up to four years in state prison.

Sources familiar with police operations explained that in the case of a domestic violence call, officers are more likely to make an arrest and defer criminal charges to a district attorney. McCoy’s criminal charges are still pending, according to McCoy’s arrest filing. However, sources with knowledge of McCoy’s situation have suggested it is unlikely McCoy will see the field in 2021 due to the serious nature of the allegations.

McCoy finished the 2020 season with 21 receptions for 236 yards and two scores in six games of action. McCoy was expected to be one of quarterback Kedon Slovis' top targets in 2021 along with returning wide receiver Drake London.

McCoy has experienced a turbulent journey since the five-star receiver from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei committed to USC at the Army All-American Game. Shortly after arriving on campus in 2019 as an early enrollee, the wide receiver transferred to Texas where he participated in the Longhorns’ spring camp. Prior to the start of the 2019 season, McCoy transferred back to USC, but soon after battled a mysterious illness that kept him away from football for a year. The shortened 2020 season marked the first time the wide receiver could contribute on the field as a Trojan.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Getafix said:

From USC 247

All right! Bru is coming back to Texas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Alright alright alright, it’s Monday, got my case of El Destilador Reposado handles, and by Friday we are going to have a new thread!

cheers friends!  Get ready to put your foot on the peddle!

is six handles enough for our first Sark Camp?  I want to be ready!

I’m in

IMG_4264.GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

Yeah, I'm with Captain Solo on this one...  WTF does an arrest at USC have to do with Texas Football?

Can I get an update on Boston College?

I remember going to the spring game a while back and there was a big hooplah about Bru. Ro Jo was still at QB and looked like the best athlete on the field by a lot.

Glad he's at RB, and even though behind BR he's going to get some great looks and also have a great season. So pumped to watch these two backs run fucking WILD on this shit conference one last time.

2199-57289-original.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5

19 hours ago, Zeus said:

I remember going to the spring game a while back and there was a big hooplah about Bru. Ro Jo was still at QB and looked like the best athlete on the field by a lot.

Glad he's at RB, and even though behind BR he's going to get some great looks and also have a great season. So pumped to watch these two backs run fucking WILD on this shit conference one last time.

2199-57289-original.jpeg

Fuckin' fired up about the 2021 coaching of both the offensive and defensive systems for the Longhorns...

Finally have great coaching for both!!!

HOOK 'EM BITCHES !!!  🤘

• Hook 'Em 2

2199-57289-original.jpeg

As long as BR gets 20 touches a game I am good with anything else rojo gets.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Fuckin' fired up about the 2021 coaching of both the offensive and defensive systems for the Longhorns...

Finally have great coaching for both!!!

HOOK 'EM BITCHES !!!  🤘

We have heard that several times before though. 
However, we will soon get a look at this latest iteration.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Lonestar4.8 said:
On 8/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, Tex Pete said:
All right! Bru is coming back to Texas!

Waco, Texas

17 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

The NFL?

NFL lite, my name is a clue

So he IS going to be playing in Waco this Fall. And by "this Fall" I mean specifically Nov 13.

Camp starts Friday right? I’m about to bust in my $200 jeans just thinking about the season. I’m rooting for Tope Imade, he’s a mountain of a man and the coaches seem to love him. Does Coach K utilize more three man fronts with all those monsters he has on the interior defensive line? BJ Foster needs to take his job back, that’s a bad mother fucker when he’s healthy. With uncertainty at WR, do we break out the two RB sets? 

Edited by CastHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Curious what TEXAS numbers are for vaccinations -- read somewhere that TEXAS may have to split up into two locker room areas during Fall Camp.

Here's Arky info...

I swear on heels of 10 year of shit football, all the "Eyes" controversy last season etc (and I give zero shits if eyes/band get played - I am team add more Pom) if this team misses games due to players not getting vaccinated I may have to write this team off for a while. Just unreal to me that this isn't being mandated at NCAA level. We going to have two charter flights to away games? Two locker rooms there? Different hotels? WTF. Just stupid.

Edited by BrazilHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6