Jump to content

2021 Texas spring football thread


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Eugene11 said:

Jesus  what an asshole.  hopefully your little white lie didnt cause my elderly parents or someone elses at risk loved ones to be delayed or get sick. 
fucking christ im sick of this selfish me first, if it doesnt affect me it must not be a real thing, its not a real problem because i dont have to deal with it bullshit.  

fuck what an asshole thing to say and do.  ive never done this on the internet or in an anonymous forum but i hope you get hit by a truck in front of your family.  dick

 

Because the above response is off-topic and belongs on another thread on this board, I won't comment on its relative merits for fear of further derailing this thread. If, however, I were to stray a bit off message and address this topic, which I'm loath to do, I'd say that I 100% agree that whoever is both callous and selfish enough to pull a stunt like that, as well as dumb enough to brag about it on public board, deserves all he gets. If however, God forbid, such a despicable individual were to be run over by a steamroller in front of his family rather than by a truck, I'd be first in line to visit him in the hospital in rooms 2101, 1202, and 1203. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, Eugene11 said:

Jesus  what an asshole.  hopefully your little white lie didnt cause my elderly parents or someone elses at risk loved ones to be delayed or get sick. 
fucking christ im sick of this selfish me first, if it doesnt affect me it must not be a real thing, its not a real problem because i dont have to deal with it bullshit.  

fuck what an asshole thing to say and do.  ive never done this on the internet or in an anonymous forum but i hope you get hit by a truck in front of your family.  dick

 

ok soy boy spacer.png

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nahlin, from yesterday.

Spoiler

The team had a workout today. The staff wanted to keep advancing the ball on scheme install.

Those in quarantine participated in meetings via Zoom.

Though it was modified, I hear it was pretty intense during the team run portion.

Alfred Collins was a full participant, but again, they’re not in pads.

 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Nahlin, from yesterday.

  Hide contents

The team had a workout today. The staff wanted to keep advancing the ball on scheme install.

Those in quarantine participated in meetings via Zoom.

Though it was modified, I hear it was pretty intense during the team run portion.

Alfred Collins was a full participant, but again, they’re not in pads.

 

Take that shit to the football forum.

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 10:16 PM, Royale with cheese said:

Because the above response is off-topic and belongs on another thread on this board, I won't comment on its relative merits for fear of further derailing this thread. If, however, I were to stray a bit off message and address this topic, which I'm loath to do, I'd say that I 100% agree that whoever is both callous and selfish enough to pull a stunt like that, as well as dumb enough to brag about it on public board, deserves all he gets. If however, God forbid, such a despicable individual were to be run over by a steamroller in front of his family rather than by a truck, I'd be first in line to visit him in the hospital in rooms 2101, 1202, and 1203. 

Says he isn't going to discuss this off-topic issue, then goes on at length to discuss this off-topic issue, lulz.

Surly-Justice-Warrior.jpg

  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Oh boy, can’t wait for y’all to run that picture into the ground like y’all do every other joke on here. 

I don't branch out all that much, but as far as i can tell, at this point "y'all" is just one poster

  • Hook 'Em 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Oh boy, can’t wait for y’all to run that picture into the ground like y’all do every other joke on here. 

You don’t seem like a team player. How about getting with the program. Why don’t you jump on the team and come on in for the big win

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, Zeus said:

Did you go to Texas? Have you ever been around West Campus at 3 AM? Shit gets destroyed when young people get wasted. 

 

I seem to recall it was not the vast majority of students engaging in that sort of fuckery, but rather a handful of complete fucking twats who did nearly all of the damage. The sort of people who had deep-seated issues that were exacerbated, not improved, by drinking alcohol.

  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
I seem to recall it was not the vast majority of students engaging in that sort of fuckery, but rather a handful of complete fucking twats who did nearly all of the damage. The sort of people who had deep-seated issues that were exacerbated, not improved, by drinking alcohol.
It's not just a college thing either. When I was in the military, the dorms at tech school used to allow alcohol and had vending machines that had beer. Until one night a machine ran out of beer and a couple drunk assholes decided to toss it off a 3rd floor balcony. No more alcohol allowed in dorms after that.
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I seem to recall it was not the vast majority of students engaging in that sort of fuckery, but rather a handful of complete fucking twats who did nearly all of the damage. The sort of people who had deep-seated issues that were exacerbated, not improved, by drinking alcohol.

I guess 3/4 of my pledge class were complete fucking twats then. Actually you may be close to the truth

emoji-pillow---crying-with-laughter-_a.j

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Burton

  Hide contents

A year ago, it seemed like the starting five for the Texas offensive line was not merely set in stone, it was reinforced in concrete.

OL coach Herb Hand played the starters from beginning to end of games with rare exceptions. In fact, it wasn't until an injury to Derek Kerstetter and Sam Cosmi's decision to forego the rest of the season eight games into the campaign that Hand was forced him to start developing depth along the OL.

So hopefully you'll excuse me if I approve of some recent news IT has learned on the offensive line this season.

Line coach Kyle Flood has already tinkered immensely with the group. On the very first day of practice, Flood switched Christian Jones to left tackle from right, Junior Angilau from left guard to right, Denzel Okafor from right guard to left and Andre Karic from left tackle to right.

Yet on the second day of practice on Saturday - or what might be better termed an "accelerated walk-through" - Flood was at it again, moving players around, attempting to find their best positions.

Karic was back on the left side on Saturday competing with Jones at tackle. Isaiah Hookfin and Tyler Johnson were out there at right tackle.

We don't know how this group - one that has talent but also much to prove - will shake out come August. And I'm a believer that that is a good thing.

What's more, I have more confidence that Flood will get things to a point where Texas is building depth and putting its best unit on the field this fall, while also still recruiting at a high level.

Hand may have initially put his best five on the field in the fall a year ago, but he built precious little depth along the way and didn't give a potential game-changer like Jake Majors a shot at center until eight or nine games into the season because of it. And that's not to mention Hand's ridiculously poor effort on the recruiting trail.

Despite losing an early-round talent like Cosmi to the NFL, expect the Texas OL to be better not only in 2021 but in the years to come under Flood.

 

I don't know if this is true in the short-run. We don't have the talent of tOSU and Alabama on the OL. We have more talent than we have shown, but it still isn't at the level it needs to be. So, even if we are better in 2021, I wouldn't get our hopes up to the extent of being excited to watch our OL play this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bevo said:

I don't know if this is true in the short-run. We don't have the talent of tOSU and Alabama on the OL. We have more talent than we have shown, but it still isn't at the level it needs to be. So, even if we are better in 2021, I wouldn't get our hopes up to the extent of being excited to watch our OL play this year. 

What part are you saying isn’t true? Burton didn’t say anything about having an OL like Bama or tOSU.  He just said we may now have an OL coach who can identify the best 5 and he thinks our OL will be better than last year, which isn’t really going out on a limb. 

Our talent on the OL isn’t bad right now. It’s actually future years where we could run into some trouble. We have 6 guys who are third year or older that should be ready to contribute (this doesn’t include Ghirmai or Imade) and we also have Majors and Karic who both look ready to start. So that gives us a solid 8 man depth chart plus two four star 2nd years in Parr and Garth who could be ready to contribute. I’d like to see us add a GT to have one less unknown starter going into the fall, but the pieces are there to have a solid OL if Flood can coach them up. 
 

 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

What part are you saying isn’t true? Burton didn’t say anything about having an OL like Bama or tOSU.  He just said we may now have an OL coach who can identify the best 5 and he thinks our OL will be better than last year, which isn’t really going out on a limb. 

Our talent on the OL isn’t bad right now. It’s actually future years where we could run into some trouble. We have 6 guys who are third year or older that should be ready to contribute (this doesn’t include Ghirmai or Imade) and we also have Majors and Karic who both look ready to start. So that gives us a solid 8 man depth chart plus two four star 2nd years in Parr and Garth who could be ready to contribute. I’d like to see us add a GT to have one less unknown starter going into the fall, but the pieces are there to have a solid OL if Flood can coach them up. 
 

 

Moreover, the strategy being used by Flood seems like a hell of a better approach to accomplishing Hand's goal of "manufactured depth." I think during his 3 years here, it was only Ghirmai (results speak for themself) and Okafor (really just a continuation from previous staffs) who trained at more than one position besides Kerstetter. How the fuck is that supposed to work when the majority of the lineman being recruited are either swing or developmental takes? This shit drove me batty

Link to post
Share on other sites
Burton
Spoiler

A year ago, it seemed like the starting five for the Texas offensive line was not merely set in stone, it was reinforced in concrete.
OL coach Herb Hand played the starters from beginning to end of games with rare exceptions. In fact, it wasn't until an injury to Derek Kerstetter and Sam Cosmi's decision to forego the rest of the season eight games into the campaign that Hand was forced him to start developing depth along the OL.
So hopefully you'll excuse me if I approve of some recent news IT has learned on the offensive line this season.
Line coach Kyle Flood has already tinkered immensely with the group. On the very first day of practice, Flood switched Christian Jones to left tackle from right, Junior Angilau from left guard to right, Denzel Okafor from right guard to left and Andre Karic from left tackle to right.
Yet on the second day of practice on Saturday - or what might be better termed an "accelerated walk-through" - Flood was at it again, moving players around, attempting to find their best positions.
Karic was back on the left side on Saturday competing with Jones at tackle. Isaiah Hookfin and Tyler Johnson were out there at right tackle.
We don't know how this group - one that has talent but also much to prove - will shake out come August. And I'm a believer that that is a good thing.
What's more, I have more confidence that Flood will get things to a point where Texas is building depth and putting its best unit on the field this fall, while also still recruiting at a high level.
Hand may have initially put his best five on the field in the fall a year ago, but he built precious little depth along the way and didn't give a potential game-changer like Jake Majors a shot at center until eight or nine games into the season because of it. And that's not to mention Hand's ridiculously poor effort on the recruiting trail.
Despite losing an early-round talent like Cosmi to the NFL, expect the Texas OL to be better not only in 2021 but in the years to come under Flood.

 

Grape.
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

What part are you saying isn’t true? Burton didn’t say anything about having an OL like Bama or tOSU.  He just said we may now have an OL coach who can identify the best 5 and he thinks our OL will be better than last year, which isn’t really going out on a limb. 

Our talent on the OL isn’t bad right now. It’s actually future years where we could run into some trouble. We have 6 guys who are third year or older that should be ready to contribute (this doesn’t include Ghirmai or Imade) and we also have Majors and Karic who both look ready to start. So that gives us a solid 8 man depth chart plus two four star 2nd years in Parr and Garth who could be ready to contribute. I’d like to see us add a GT to have one less unknown starter going into the fall, but the pieces are there to have a solid OL if Flood can coach them up.

I agree with all this. I just got the feeling that Burton is very optimistic about our offensive line in 2021. I think we will be better, but I don't think we will be great - I wish Flood was a miracle worker but I think if we are honest, we shouldn't expect great things.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I agree with all this. I just got the feeling that Burton is very optimistic about our offensive line in 2021. I think we will be better, but I don't think we will be great - I wish Flood was a miracle worker but I think if we are honest, we shouldn't expect great things.

Yeah, I have a hard time knowing what to expect because Herb Hand really was that bad. Our OL technique and coaching was truly abysmal, like worse than I thought possible, but I certainly don’t think we’ll be elite next year. 

I think we’ll probably be better run blocking than pass pro because that’s where most of our guys besides Kerstetter and maybe Karic are strongest. I worry a little about some of the long-developing route combos Sark traditionally has liked to use, but it seems like he’s learned to rely on the RPO to mitigate that issue since coming back to Bama, and unlike Herman, he actually understands you can use the TE to help your OTs in pass pro. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markstanco said:
6 hours ago, Armybrat said:
Fuck Pete Carroll

I like him. He took Reggie out of the game on 4th down.

didn't he do the same thing earlier in the game on 4th down and they picked up about 10 yards right up the middle?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

didn't he do the same thing earlier in the game on 4th down and they picked up about 10 yards right up the middle?

That was before we put Stoney Clark in at DT. Or was Casey Hampton? Or was it before we put Nobis in at MLB. I forget . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...