2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

On 7/31/2021 at 2:51 PM, Gourmand said:

Absolutely, and you bring up a good point that isn't getting enough discussion from baseball writers and reporters about this year's team. 

The ginned up outrage in road stadiums and the cheater hyperbole in the media has likely galvanized Astros players and brought the team together in a uniquely impactful way. When a guy like Graveman comes over from a division rival and sees that connection in the clubhouse against the backdrop of BOOOOO CHEATER BANG BANG TRASHTROS, against his own ML experience within the culture of baseball and all the warts that come with it, with everything he knows about what other teams were doing and how MLB handled it, I think there's a good chance he immediately buys into the team and the mission to win it all because he sees how all those pieces fit together. He sees his new teammates not backing down and responding to the challenge of not only facing tough opposing pitchers and hitters, but absorbing a beating from fans and blocking out the noise to win consistently.

It really is impressive what this team is doing this year, especially Jose Fucking Altuve. What other team has faced anything close to the adversity of the 2021 Astros and responded the way they have?

Goddamn I love this team. 

3 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Lance McCullers Jr. = BIG BRASS BALLS

Congrats on the best pitching performance of the year.

And yeah, fuck mookie.  I mean, if that's how he fights a battle, I'm glad he's not in the military protecting our country.

I know it's in a big game but Greinke has 3 games this year I would rate better. Still HELL of a game from Lance.

Edited by rvm96

18 minutes ago, Scraps said:

This pretty much sums it up with all these morons.   They have heard/seen everything already before you dummies.  

Not that he imploded or anything, but Buehler seemed openly pissed that the disruptions kept happening. It is affecting the home teams too.

Edited by slorch