2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Cary Elwes in The Princes Bride saying, “Truly, you have a dizzying  intellect.” | Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

correa is gone and he's been pretty quiet this postseason.  greinke and verlander are gone as well.  pretty much everyone who has gotten the team within 3 games of another title will be back.  our best hitters - altuve, bregs, tucker, yordan, brantley, yuli are locked up.  our best pitchers - mccullers, garcia, framber, urquidy, pressly are locked up. 

we shed about $80mm so i guess maybe we'll spend some of that.

correa is a team leader and it sucks that he'll bounce for a big contract, but we'll be just fine.  thank you for your concern.

Correa has been a liability this postseason. The Astros will be back.

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

again with this shit?

I have a personal problem that I have a hard time not engaging repeated abject stupidity. Thank you for pointing this absurdity that’s already been well covered and documented with data out so I don’t feel pathologically compelled to do so. 

Crazy to think about the fact that tonight is the first World Series game played in Atlanta in over 22 years.  They were swept at home in '99, here's hoping the Astros can repeat that proud Braves tradition.  

Sorry Hank.

15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The "helping Cubans escape an oppressive communist regime is equal to human trafficking" schtick is regarded.

Ah yes, just the normal "either shredding contracts before MLB saw them or doctoring documents before sending them to the Office of the Commissioner" to violate Cuban embargos was done purely as a humanitarian gesture. There was certainly no goal of gaining a competitive advantage by breaking clearly established rules. To suggest otherwise would imply that they were cheating, which we know is impossible. After all, I'm sure that every organization keeps a handy Excel sheet demonstrating just how criminal their employees are:

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Ah yes, just the normal "either shredding contracts before MLB saw them or doctoring documents before sending them to the Office of the Commissioner" to violate Cuban embargos was done purely as a humanitarian gesture. There was certainly no goal of gaining a competitive advantage by breaking clearly established rules. To suggest otherwise would imply that they were cheating, which we know is impossible. After all, I'm sure that every organization keeps a handy Excel sheet demonstrating just how criminal their employees are:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

@Sbbruin, obviously you are under no obligation to answer, but just curious. Do you think what the Dodgers did is not cheating? Cheating but not as big of a deal / impact? Cheating but everyone does it? Other?

spacer.png

The baseball board has to be the pissiest board outside of CR.

• Hook 'Em 1