Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I mean, you can choose to believe Roach, or you can choose to believe futureman...it's up to you.

Did I miss Futureman's connection to them; or, are we to believe that he's merely scatter shooting? I know he's bullish that UT isn't out, by any means, but why?

Edited by MuellerHorn

5 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Did I miss Futureman's connection to them? Or, are we to believe to he's scatter shooting? I know he's bullish that UT isn't out, by any means.

I don't think there are any discussions of the Brocks going to Bama that doesn't include a futureman post saying they are signing with Texas.

2 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I don't think there are any discussions of the Brocks going to Bama that doesn't include a futureman post saying they are signing with Texas.

Tommy Brockermeyer: I am committing to Alabama! Row Tad! #PleaseRespectMyDecision

futureman: no you're not

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni starting to hedge = not the aggy lean once thought to be.

The same day that Roach had LJ to A&M in his "Love it" category.  (But he still mentioned Texas, so that will become his out, if Texas starts to make progress.)

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh I mean, if the Brocks are re-engaged like Carl said, Roach would hardly be the first to know.

46 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Carl said they were going to bama but he also said they were reengaged.  So he’s good either way

45 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The same day that Roach had LJ to A&M in his "Love it" category.  (But he still mentioned Texas, so that will become his out, if Texas starts to make progress.)

I think the key point here is that Roach doesn’t know shit, so trying to corroborate what Carl says by using the printed words of a guy whose general response is, “haven’t heard that,” “I’ll have to do some digging,” or “it’s hard to say” probably isn’t the best strategy, but I do agree Carl’s basically said both things now.
It’s entirely plausible the Brocks were going to commit to Bama and then the reality of that decision made them re-think it and they reached back out to Texas, but we’ll see.  
I still don’t expect the Brocks to Texas unless we get to play this fall and have a huge year, and even then, that might not be enough. But the most likely scenario do football this fall (FML) probably leaves us dead in the water in their recruitments. 

2 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Just want the Brock recruitment to be over with. Ready for the staff to get Ezra on board and begin hitting on other OT targets.

This.  Need those two to go ahead and make their commitment public so that this staff can feel comfortable making offers to other prospects.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think the key point here is that Roach doesn’t know shit, so trying to corroborate what Carl says by using the printed words of a guy whose general response is, “haven’t heard that,” “I’ll have to do some digging,” or “it’s hard to say” probably isn’t the best strategy, but I do agree Carl’s basically said both things now.
It’s entirely plausible the Brocks were going to commit to Bama and then the reality of that decision made them re-think it and they reached back out to Texas, but we’ll see.  
I still don’t expect the Brocks to Texas unless we get to play this fall and have a huge year, and even then, that might not be enough. But the most likely scenario do football this fall (FML) probably leaves us dead in the water in their recruitments. 

its still alabama the group chat has basically been to make sure they made the right decision 

i figured it was weird the timing of them rejoining after giving the silent to alabama 

they were texting milroe the most recruiting him without mentioning bama specifically 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:

its still alabama the group chat has basically been to make sure they made the right decision 

i figured it was weird the timing of them rejoining after giving the silent to alabama 

they were texting milroe the most recruiting him without mentioning bama specifically 

Like just negatively recruiting Texas?

8 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

that's a pretty bold heel turn

Bryce Foster's mom says anywhere but Texas and he says cool. Then we can't even get 3rd generation Longhorns to wait until the fucking season to commit elsewhere and start negative recruiting us.

OL recruiting is the most 2020 recruiting by far.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

so they wanted to see if they made the right decision, the group chat solidified that they did make the right decision, so they started recruiting milroe to bama. that, doesn't sound great for the group chat.

4 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

They play for a private school in Fort Worth.

giphy.gif

Seriously, time to cut bait. Hopefully we can grab Cade, Myslinski and Ezra and [insert late-rising (if they can even do that given the circumstances) OT here]

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

With an impending Bama commitment at some point over the next month, I'm wondering if college ball is pushed into the spring, will Texas even have a chance to pull victories vs LSU and OU to help flip the Brockermeyers back? They're early enrollees, and they might already be in Tuscaloosa by then

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

With an impending Bama commitment at some point over the next month, I'm wondering if college ball is pushed into the spring, will Texas even have a chance to pull victories vs LSU and OU to help flip the Brockermeyers back? They're early enrollees, and they might already be in Tuscaloosa by then

Well Bye GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Why? Cause fuck em! That's why.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Nope. That ship has sailed. Maybe Tom should’ve considered not monumentally fucking up the 2019 regular season. 

• Like 1

Beginning to think the Brocks were never coming here.  Think about it, supposedly Clemson was who we were thinking we had to beat them out for, then no offer for James and Bama' jumps in the mix.  If they hadn't, we'd probably be hearing about LSU or Auburn being where they'd be headed to.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

These guys have a grandad and dad who are legacies, and have a brother on the team.  Despite all of that, if they are not prepared to even wait, and are willing to commit to Alabama, do you really think a couple of big wins would make them change course?

If they do commit, I suppose there is always a small chance of a flip until they sign, but I don't think it would be just - or primarily - because of a couple of big wins. The situation sucks, but that's how it looks to me.

Edit:  Just saw the tweet.  Oh, well.

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Actually Carl initially said that the Brockermeyer brothers were going to commit to 'Bama after Kendrick Blackshire. Then Carl reported he had news - which I took to mean new developments - and that involved OL recruits (including the Brockermeyer brothers) either re-entering or engaging more in a group chat with current players/commits. 

Be careful, you don't want to become one of @hornfromdallas's fuccbois now, do you?

What if the OL commit to another school that was reopening things with Texas was actually Tommy? 

Just now, Getafix said:

These guys have a grandad and dad who are legacies, and have a brother on the team.  Despite all of that, if they are not prepared to even wait, and are willing to commit to Alabama, do you really think a couple of big wins would make them change course?

If they do commit, I suppose there is always a small chance of a flip until they sign, but I don't think it would be just - or primarily - because of a couple of big wins. The situation sucks, but that's how it looks to me.

Yes, I think early season wins against LSU and Oklahoma could have helped change the course

I think if we've got a wealthy white suburban helicopter dad, we should probably hold on to our butts, because they do NOT seem to be Herman's wheelhouse. I can see him openly rolling his eyes while Mr. McSmithington is trying to talk his ear off about nutrition consultants and 50 different skill trainers.

So, uh, yeah, really stoked about the Ewers recruitment. Should be great.

Edited by texifornia