Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Should play this at the re-naming ceremony.

(For those who haven't watched this before - Joe Jamail is the guy taking the deposition (you see his hands).)

lmao "you dumb son of a bitch!" dude bows up and Jamail is up in a split second saying "come over here!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Now haul ass to campus and start working.

Wells thinks 7/25. Also worth noting that although he has used much of this social unrest for cover (and it may be part of it, I'm not going to guess), there are other factors at play here corroborated by all of the 9.95ers. 

Overshown's absence hurts him more than the team. Hope to see him back soon. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

So they didn't get the Eyes changed, and some of the monuments keep their names, but they got the dang football field renamed (pretty cool of the Jamails) and a whole bunch of new programs/statuary/etc..

One way to offset memorials or names is to erect new memorials in the way of statues and hopefully, buildings.  I thought this was pretty smart and shows a more thorough and evolving history.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Wells thinks 7/25. Also worth noting that although he has used much of this social unrest for cover (and it may be part of it, I'm not going to guess), there are other factors at play here corroborated by all of the 9.95ers. 

Yea even before this announcement Wells has been stating with pretty much certainty that Overshown would be back and now he puts out a hard date on when he thinks he’ll be back. The movement definitely got used as a cover for something else going on with him. 

17 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Can’t say I’m surprised. He’s always seemed to be discontent about something and been quick to sit out for injury. I really hope he kicks it into gear, because his ceiling is extremely high, but I’m not holding my breath on it. 

50 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

1. Why would anyone even speculate that

2. Since when do we believe the 9.95 echo chamber of bullshit  

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The revenue largely comes from the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.  

So if we stopped getting top flight players and cease to be ever be a competitive football team, it's your position that the revenue would continue at the same level?  

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

Yeah he comes off as an arrogant asshole but appears to be a decent guy in reality. Kinda the reverse of most CFB coaches.

This reminds me of DFW sportscaster Dale Hansen.  I’ve actually met him & couldn’t have a lower opinion of him, but his hot takes are spot on.  Herman may be like that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

where is that fucc boi who tried to call me out

i told you all it wasnt a wr or offensive recruit & today 995ers said this

also i have told someone on here in private who the recruit is weeks ago he can vouch for me up when it happens 

might want to take a look at this *wink wink*

never take a shot at the king & miss fucc boi 

my info is 100 💯

fuckit I'm ridin with Carl

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

where is that fucc boi who tried to call me out

i told you all it wasnt a wr or offensive recruit & today 995ers said this

also i have told someone on here in private who the recruit is weeks ago he can vouch for me up when it happens 

might want to take a look at this *wink wink*

never take a shot at the king & miss fucc boi 

my info is 100 💯

tenor.gif

I hope Carl sticks around. There is a wealth of Carl Winslow gifs on the internet. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we end up landing Turner I can't wait to see the Looch spin on Texas getting 3/4 of what he said were the only "SEC West" caliber DL in the state.

Fatass makes Joseph Goebbels look honest and objective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we end up landing Turner I can't wait to see the Looch spin on Texas getting 3/4 of what he said were the only "SEC West" caliber DL in the state.

It'll be something about how Texas HS kids are soft, not wanting to play against the best, which is why Jimbo is recruiting OOS so much.

• Like 2