Reese Bennett

Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are Ike and Regis both takes or is it whoever jumps on board first?  As @golfclap stated, both look like disruptive guys on the interior.  I also think Big Ike would have tested good the camp settings that got canceled and got a ratings boost.

1) People will have opinions but $9.95 don't know shit.

2) The situation is fluid

3) We aren't getting errbody.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

1) People will have opinions but $9.95 don't know shit.

2) The situation is fluid

3) We aren't getting errbody.

What the fuck is this? Didn't you just come back to the recruiting board this spring, and now you're making definitive statements like you have some insider knowledge?

tenor.gif?itemid=10538776

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Well, shit.

Honestly, since we can't have a bubble because of all the student-athlete complications, I'm treating getting a full (adjusted) season as a near-miracle.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Honestly, since we can't have a bubble because of all the student-athlete complications, I'm treating getting a full (adjusted) season as a near-miracle.

There was some thought that the SEC might do a +1 and reschedule us for later in the season. I would have preferred that to not playing them at all.

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Cooks is the 25th-ranked outside linebacker in the class and a member of the Fabulous 55. 

The Fab 55 is still a thing? Anybody have Jerry Scarborough's 900 number while we are at it?

13 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

look fucc boi if youre going to throw shade at carl every time you post after all the accurate info he has posted carl will take his info & feed it to fucc boi ej instead of posting it here

too many glizzy suckers shading carl for no reason

carl has never once lied to you 

& yes the video was completed 

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Well, shit.

Well, there goes 4 cupcake wins for the aggies. 

27 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

look fucc boi if youre going to throw shade at carl every time you post after all the accurate info he has posted carl will take his info & feed it to fucc boi ej instead of posting it here

Calm Down Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

43 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Well, shit.

There goes our best chance of altering the public perception of the program. Now it all hinges on the blOU game.

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There goes our best chance of altering the public perception of the program. Now it all hinges on the blOU game.

The biggest thing for us before the pandemic was winning the conference. The biggest thing now is still winning the conference.

We don't have an early, hyper-public shot at making people pay attention, but the metric of success for the season is still the same.

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Stay healthy, kick blOU's ass in Cotton Bowl, and this year's HORNS will have important games against tcu, Iowa St, and Okie Lite to improve our public perception...

Posted (edited)

Please excuse my non-recruiting question: I haven't really been reading up on a lot of what's going on with CFB scheduling. In all this re-shuffling is the postseason dead or is the plan to proceed with bowls/playoffs? Or TBD based on what the world looks like in 5 months?

Edited by TommyGufano

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Please excuse my non-recruiting question: I haven't really been reading up on a lot of what's going on with CFB scheduling. In all this re-shuffling is the postseason dead or is the plan to proceed with bowls/playoffs? Or TBD based on what the world looks like in 5 months?

Postseason's alive. Otherwise they'd just push the start date and have the season go into the December bowl zone.

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The biggest thing for us before the pandemic was winning the conference. The biggest thing now is still winning the conference.

We don't have an early, hyper-public shot at making people pay attention, but the metric of success for the season is still the same.

The "change the perception" argument has always been hilarious in reference to LSU. 

If Texas goes 10-0 and wins the Big 12 they're gonna change the perception. If Texas beat LSU last year and then finished the Big 12 like they did does anyone actually think that would have shifted perception? 

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on Myslinski.

😐

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.62688b4dc4d42633e5bcb0d487096aae.png

If he comes here - "eh, alright then, go get 'em, kid"

If he doesn't come here - "eh, alright then, go get 'em, kid, unless we play in a bowl or something"

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The "change the perception" argument has always been hilarious in reference to LSU. 

If Texas goes 10-0 and wins the Big 12 they're gonna change the perception. If Texas beat LSU last year and then finished the Big 12 like they did does anyone actually think that would have shifted perception? 

If we were LSU's only loss and ended up 9-4? Absolutely it would have changed the perception of the season. At least from a recruiting standpoint.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bunch of fuckin glizzy suckers on this thread. 

Qqiz.gif

The LSU game would've been good for seeing aggy heads explode again.  They've been waiting for sweet revenge ever since we beat Jawja.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

If we were LSU's only loss and ended up 9-4? Absolutely it would have changed the perception of the season. At least from a recruiting standpoint.

I don't agree with this at all but there's really no way to prove it. If Texas finished with 4 Big 12 losses nobody would have given a shit if Texas beat LSU. 

Most people have been framing "success" this season as winning the Big 12. I think that's definitely more important than beating LSU. 

Jesus dude, can’t you ever once see the positive side of something? Here, I’ll help you.

Texas will be breaking in a brand new OC and a brand new DC, with far less practice time in the off-season than teams normally get. They had LSU early, and while they are also breaking in new staff members, the game was in Baton Rouge and their roster still holds a talent advantage. I believe Texas would still have won that game, but if they went and lost to OU they wouldn’t have made the playoff anyway, most likely. Making the playoff has always hinged on beating OU, so now Texas potentially has an easier path to the playoffs. Lighten up.

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't agree with this at all but there's really no way to prove it. If Texas finished with 4 Big 12 losses nobody would have given a shit if Texas beat LSU. 

Most people have been framing "success" this season as winning the Big 12. I think that's definitely more important than beating LSU.

LSU crushed both blOU and A&M last season. Had we been able to accomplish what they couldn't and defeat LSU, it would have given us a lot more recruiting ammo to use against them for this cycle. Like you said though, there's no way to prove it.

I don't think "perception" with Texas has anything to do with winning individual games. Herman has shown he can beat good teams (OU, Utah, Georgia, and so on).

It's all about putting a full season together and winning the Big 12 or at least winning another major bowl game. 

14 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on Myslinski.

😐

Hide contents

Roach is so useless. No one will even care if he gets it wrong on Myslinski and he’s still scared to put in a pick either way.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

LSU crushed both blOU and A&M last season. Had we been able to accomplish what they couldn't and defeat LSU, it would have given us a lot more recruiting ammo to use against them for this cycle. Like you said though, there's no way to prove it.

Again, that wouldn’t mean shit if the rest of our record stayed the same. Especially being an early season game.

24 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It would have been like when A&M beat them in 7 OTs. GAME CHANGER

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

carl is gettin' upset!

Reduce Stress by Talking To Yourself in the Third Person - PureWow

37 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Roach, on Myslinski.

😐

Hide contents

Mysinski is reminding me of Swingers where Ron Livingston spends the movie bitching about having to take a job at Disneyland playing Goofy until he finds out he didn't get the part. 

"They went with someone who had more theme park experience. I'd kill for that job."

maxresdefault.jpg

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Again, that wouldn’t mean shit if the rest of our record stayed the same. Especially being an early season game.

I'm thinking that beating the national champion that then went on to blow out every other team they played would have impacted both our final ranking and our recruiting.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm thinking that beating the national champion that then went on to blow out every other team they played would have impacted both our final ranking and our recruiting.

Against OU who then hypothetically went on to still beat us and win the Big 12? Against A&M who already looked like dog shit against them compared to us? Doubtful. That said winning would have been pretty cool yea.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Posted (edited)

Would beating LSU last year have been better than not beating them? Of course.

Did satya INSTANTLY jump to the worst possible spin on a pretty neutral* turn of events for 2020 Texas football? Also yes.

*for the team, not the fan experience 

Edited by texifornia

Just now, texifornia said:

Would beating LSU last year have been better than not beating them? Of course.

Did satya INSTANTLY jump to the worst possible spin on a pretty neutral turn of events for 2020 Texas football? Also yes.

Nah dude. We have no chance of turning the tide in recruiting this year now. Undefeated season means fuck all if we don’t play LSU. 

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Nah dude. We have no chance of turning the tide in recruiting this year now. Undefeated season means fuck all if we don’t play LSU. 

There’s too much stupid here to waste my time breaking it all down. In short, you’re wrong, woefully wrong, go take a lap and sit down and dutch rudder with Satya. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There’s too much stupid here to waste my time breaking it all down. In short, you’re wrong, woefully wrong, go take a lap and sit down and dutch rudder with Satya. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well it was pretty clearly sarcastic...

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well it was pretty clearly sarcastic...

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

spacer.png

well, clearly not to me. And I’ve barely been drinking. Sorry Hank. Imma go take a lap and Not DR Satya. I will , however, repeat “Dont be a fucking rock stupid MarkStanco” in the mirror 100 times, however. 

I do always wonder why Satya comes back after the way we treat his pussy weeping. But then I remember he's a masochist and the only thing that gets him off more than beating himself down is us doing it for him.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

When he's not wetting himself, he's actually a good poster. He uses his 247 account for good and he generally knows his shit (you're not getting Football Board-level gibbering FIRE EVERYONE taeks), which gives the board someone not brain damaged to use as a backboard for arguments.

Also in his vanishingly rare moments of optimism he brings quality Bollywood gifs to the board, which are a personal inspiration in terms of borderline insane levels of raw overacted emotion.

I agree, but shh, he was almost there