Texas007

Tell me about ou

It is beyond ridiculous in this country that so many citizens think that "University of XYZ" is as good as the next state's flagship "University of XYZ"

Most flagship schools in this country are jokes, glorified community colleges.  About 20 or so of them are real places of research and learning, like Wisconsin-Madison and Texas-Austin.  Most of the rest like Oklahoma are just local places for less-stupid people in that state to have something to do before returning to mediocrity six years later. 

It's idiotic we keep pretending that University of Alabama or Louisiana State or University of Maine or Rutgers or University of Nebraska is as good as University of Texas or University of Illinois or Penn State University or University of Michigan or UC-San Diego.  How did this bullshit start?  The University of Oklahoma is for stupid people.  Nothing wrong with it, it's the best option in your state.  But know your fucking place.  Why do we keep pretending some 20 year olds in this country who are "in college" deserve a shot at a decent life?  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It is beyond ridiculous in this country that so many citizens think that "University of XYZ" is as good as the next state's flagship "University of XYZ"

Most flagship schools in this country are jokes, glorified community colleges.  About 20 or so of them are real places of research and learning, like Wisconsin-Madison and Texas-Austin.  Most of the rest like Oklahoma are just local places for less-stupid people in that state to have something to do before returning to mediocrity six years later. 

It's idiotic we keep pretending that University of Alabama or Louisiana State or University of Maine or Rutgers or University of Nebraska is as good as University of Texas or University of Illinois or Penn State University or University of Michigan or UC-San Diego.  How did this bullshit start?  The University of Oklahoma is for stupid people.  Nothing wrong with it, it's the best option in your state.  But know your fucking place.  Why do we keep pretending some 20 year olds in this country who are "in college" deserve a shot at a decent life?  

OK, Boomer.

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

As fine an institution as it is, I find it curious that you chose UC-San Diego over UC-Berkeley or UCLA as the flagship university for California. 

csb/  My neighbor always claimed to me that he went to UCLA. I asked him before the USC Rose Bowl game if he had any secret parking tips he could pass on. He said that he never went to a game there as he was more of a Wooden basketball guy. I found that odd. He owned a lot at Horseshoe Bay, but chose to move back home to San Diego where he committed suicide. His obituary said he went to UCSD. 

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHaHaHa.....  😁😁😁

Fuck 0u and their pussy snowflake student "leadership".

BOOMER!

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Literally nobody believes that, but you seem stuck on this nonsense. Its clear that calling everyone else a "glorified community college" is your asinine schtick, so whatevs. I managed to somehow be pretty damn successful despite my "worthless" degree from a lower ranked state school, in your opinion.

I was mainly poking fun at the University of Oklahoma.  OSU is aces in my book, and I've enjoyed our banter back and forth over the years.  Nobody ever discredited your degree or your life accomplishments.  I would contend you've achieved those despite being from Oklahoma, and not because of it. 

It's a thread about how much OU sucks, so yeah---I'm gonna take some cheap shots and repeat some things I don't like about the school.  I suspect we have some of the same opinions of that school.  But if you won't want to read about why I think the University of Oklahoma is a watered-down shit-heap of a "College", understand that it's not a knock on you personally and that you are also welcomed to not click on the fucking thread that may hurt your state pride. 

Edited by Lobo

26 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I was mainly poking fun at the University of Oklahoma.  OSU is aces in my book, and I've enjoyed our banter back and forth over the years.  Nobody ever discredited your degree or your life accomplishments.  I would contend you've achieved those despite being from Oklahoma, and not because of it. 

It's a thread about how much OU sucks, so yeah---I'm gonna take some cheap shots and repeat some things I don't like about the school.  I suspect we have some of the same opinions of that school.  But if you won't want to read about why I think the University of Oklahoma is a watered-down shit-heap of a "College", understand that it's not a knock on you personally and that you are also welcomed to not click on the fucking thread that may hurt your state pride. 

You realize that Rice, University of Florida and UCLA feel the same way about Texas?

50 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, OU unquestionably sucks by many metrics. David Boren spent 20 years trying to get OU among the UNC, U of MIch. crowd (when he wasn't fondling male pages), but he failed. Even when they were cheating the US News stats they never got anywhere near that tier. OSU seems comfortable embracing their land-grant mission of high acceptance rates and availability of classes for rural kids who aren't Rhodes scholars, even though it means we will never move much on the US News rankings. But like any large 4-year state college, anyone who is smart and motivated can go a long way with a degree from said institution, even though the same school is also issuing degrees to C students who are destined for a cubicle farm career. 

OU's Lane Johnson holding his way to the largest contract for an offensive lineman in history at $72 million. 

Edited by hornhorn