Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

On 3/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, Sbbruin said:

Short of rewatching prior seasons, what's the best way for me to refresh my memory on what has transpired in the last couple of seasons?  A Cliff's notes. as it were.  It's been so long, I forget who's been kilt off and other details.  

basically:
S1E1: ewww incest
S7E7: ohhhh incest

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I thought Euron basically just said, "Fuck these things, I'm going back to my islands."  And I remember them hiring the new Army, but I don't remember Euron offering to give them a ride back to the fight?  Am I missing something?  

He did say that at the big meeting in King's Landing. But then later Cersei admitted that it was just for show and that he was actually going to pick up the army.

I remember it now from the recap video above.  Thanks for posting.  Big gamble though, since Jon may fuck with the Island people by saying, "Fuck yeah, they swim.  Butterfly mostly."  

i know this was a meme for a while, but in all seriousness, where the f is gendry?  did he come back or am i imagining that?

i'm gonna try to cram a s6/s7 binge before mid april, but i'm ok if someone wants to just tell me.

"you ever been in a boat?

"no."

"do you know how to swim?"

"no."

"don't fall out."

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i know this was a meme for a while, but in all seriousness, where the f is gendry?  did he come back or am i imagining that?

i'm gonna try to cram a s6/s7 binge before mid april, but i'm ok if someone wants to just tell me.

"no."

"no."

"don't fall out."

gendry1.gif

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

"no."

"no."

"don't fall out."

he came back.  or the onion knight found him.  he’s with jon snow I believe. 

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I thought Euron basically just said, "Fuck these things, I'm going back to my islands."  And I remember them hiring the new Army, but I don't remember Euron offering to give them a ride back to the fight?  Am I missing something?  

Cersei later explains it to Jaime right before he leaves her to go north.
She says it was all a ruse, and asks if Jaime really thinks that Euron would give up on his desire to marry the queen so easily.
He's using his ships to bring back the Golden Company

On s6E6 now. Someone previously mentioned the white walkers and being burnt with the wildfire from Kings Landing. I think there’s something to that. I guess I wasn’t paying attention first time but when Bran is seeing everything he sees the wildfire and then starts hearing King Aeryes “burn them all”. We keep hearing burn them all while Bran sees the white walkers. Idk. Maybe I’m just the last one that realized this.

Supposed run times released

The runtimes for all six episodes in Game of Thrones' Season 8 have reportedly been released by HBO through their unique URL's that are live on HBO's programming site.

For the lazy...

Season 8 Episode 1 - 54 minutes

Season 8 Episode 2 - 58 minutes

Season 8 Episode 3 - 60 minutes

Season 8 Episode 4 - 78 minutes

Season 8 Episode 5 - 80 minutes

Season 8 Episode 6 - 80 minutes

So the last 3 episodes will basically be as long as Season 7 Episode 7(and it was long and they crammed a TON into that).  First 3 are normal length.  I think no matter what happens people will say they're too short.

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

Supposed run times released

For the lazy...

Season 8 Episode 1 - 54 minutes

Season 8 Episode 2 - 58 minutes

Season 8 Episode 3 - 60 minutes

Season 8 Episode 4 - 78 minutes

Season 8 Episode 5 - 80 minutes

Season 8 Episode 6 - 80 minutes

So the last 3 episodes will basically be as long as Season 7 Episode 7(and it was long and they crammed a TON into that).  First 3 are normal length.  I think no matter what happens people will say they're too short.

that's 410 minutes.  basically = to a 10 episode season of network tv (42-43 min + commercials).

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 5:17 AM, sachick said:

On s6E6 now. Someone previously mentioned the white walkers and being burnt with the wildfire from Kings Landing. I think there’s something to that. I guess I wasn’t paying attention first time but when Bran is seeing everything he sees the wildfire and then starts hearing King Aeryes “burn them all”. We keep hearing burn them all while Bran sees the white walkers. Idk. Maybe I’m just the last one that realized this.

yes

On 3/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Disco Missile said:

Cersei later explains it to Jaime right before he leaves her to go north.
She says it was all a ruse, and asks if Jaime really thinks that Euron would give up on his desire to marry the queen so easily.
He's using his ships to bring back the Golden Company

The one part about that scene that pissed me off (and would have probably stone cold stopped the Euron leaving Charade) is Jon didnt say the most obvious fucking comment anyone who lives in the North and has experienced winter could say about a guy who lives on an island bragging about the dead not being able to swim......

"yeah fucknut, they cant swim but the water will freeze over and they can fucking walk to your islands."

especially considering Jon  had just watched that happen up North

20 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

The one part about that scene that pissed me off (and would have probably stone cold stopped the Euron leaving Charade) is Jon didnt say the most obvious fucking comment anyone who lives in the North and has experienced winter could say about a guy who lives on an island bragging about the dead not being able to swim......

"yeah fucknut, they cant swim but the water will freeze over and they can fucking walk to your islands."

except that was a lake and the WW couldn't, or didn't, freeze the ocean at hardhome 

Edited by Sleepygrad

20 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

While I received a D in Meteorology in Maestyr Kimmel's course, I don't know that the whole sea up there could freeze over.  I think there'd be some mention somewhere of how the Iron Born couldn't raid the coastlines during Winter so it rendered their way of life useless a lot of the time.  But were I Jon Snow, I'd have reminded Euron that the Night King and his Whitewalkers can handle a zombie army, weapons, horses, even Dragons.  When they are done with Westeros, they'll form a wall of the Dead on the coast and you'll never be able to set foot on fertile ground ever again.  And one day, they'll find a ship or several and one of them will make it to your island shores and then your extermination will be imminent.  Or not, either way.  Starting to get excited for the final season.  

On 3/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, TexasHooch said:

Think you know who's going to win? Join a GOT pool.

This looks like a lot of fun.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rwqvMsQslAC7DegG2G3QNR8dpD07WQVfjv1awq735mw/edit

Guy running it is Paul Charchian, who is the owner of LeagueSafe, Fanball, and others.

bran stark doing a bob newhart.

Two-hour making-of documentary to air on HBO May 26 after the final season airs.

HBO will air a two-hour Game of Thrones documentary this May, capping the final, six-episode season of the mega-popular show and offering broken-hearted fans a final glimpse.

Billed as a “bonus” for fans, Game of Thrones: The Last Watch will air May 26 on HBO, and will chronicle the making of the final season. British filmmaker Jeanie Finlay directs.

Says HBO, “Much more than a ‘making of’ documentary, this is a funny, heartbreaking story, told with wit and intimacy, about the bittersweet pleasures of what it means to create a world – and then have to say goodbye to it.”

Finlay was given “unprecedented access” for the feature-length doc, which HBO describes as “an up-close and personal report from the trenches of production, following the crew and the cast as they contend with extreme weather, punishing deadlines and an ever-excited fandom hungry for spoilers.”

Finlay’s credits include the documentaries Seahorse, Orion: The Man Who Would Be King, Pantomime, The Great Hip Hop Hoax, Sound It Out and Goth Cruise. The GoTdoc will be her eighth feature film.

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch is a Glimmer Films production for HBO. Exec producers are David Benioff. D.B. Weiss, Bernadette Caulfield, with Jeanie Finlay, Rachel Hooper and Martin Mahon producing. Alice Powell edits, and the doc was filmed by Finlay, Mark Bushnell, Louise Liddy, Aaron Black and Richard Jephcote. Hannah Peel is the composer.

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch debuts Sunday, May 26 at 9 pm ET/PT on HBO, one week to the day after the series finale. The film will also be available on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and partners’ streaming platforms. (Season 8 of GoT begins Sunday, April 14.)

https://deadline.com/2019/03/hbo-game-of-thrones-feature-documentary-the-last-watch-premiere-date-1202583884/

Edited by LonghornSean

14 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

Was going through Heathrow duty free a couple of weeks ago and about 8 different scotch distilleries have themed bottles as well, with a display of a map of Scotland marked up to look like Westeros.  I am not sure if all of those distilleries are under same umbrella or not.  But seemed kinda cool....

https://www.decanter.com/wine-news/game-thrones-scotch-whiskies-launched-407338/

• Like 1

Dumb questions amnesty please (I finally got HBO on Amazon and have been catching up. I'm somewhere in season 3 now):

What was the name of the guy who cut off Jaime's hand?

Why did Lord Bolton send Jaime to King's Landing instead of turning him back over to Rob? Isn't Lord Bolton one of Rob's bannerman? Is he selling out Rob for the Lannisters? (If the answer is a spoiler, nevermind).

The guy who is torturing Theon- who is that?

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Dumb questions amnesty please (I finally got HBO on Amazon and have been catching up. I'm somewhere in season 3 now):

What was the name of the guy who cut off Jaime's hand?

Why did Lord Bolton send Jaime to King's Landing instead of turning him back over to Rob? Isn't Lord Bolton one of Rob's bannerman? Is he selling out Rob for the Lannisters? (If the answer is a spoiler, nevermind).

The guy who is torturing Theon- who is that?

The guy who cut off Jaime's hand is named Locke. I'm not answering any more questions as you'll get answers soon enough.

Report back at the end of the week.

Edited by Greg Davis Apologist

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread