Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Unlikely they're gonna make Jon Snow fireproof, given we've seen him burn his hand, but they quite deliberately focused several moments on Drogon's reaction to him, in which the dragon's demeanor changed and he allowed Snow to pet him, as Dany watched with a bit of surprise.

That was a pretty cool way to refer to Jon's real identity and made for a great scene.

I would say she had more than surprise in her eyes.

8 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Just watched the scene in which Olenna chats with Jaime before and after drinking the poison.

What an awesome fucking character she was.

I'm gonna miss this show like a lost loved one.

She was good.  I also love every scene with Walder Frey - that actor did an amazing job in my opinion.

Edited by Jerry Callo

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

Just watched the scene in which Olenna chats with Jaime before and after drinking the poison.

What an awesome fucking character she was.

I'm gonna miss this show like a lost loved one.

Olenna: That was Joffrey's sword, wasn't it?  What did he call it?

Jamie: Widow's Wail.

Olenna: He really was a cunt, wasn't he?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bamachine said:

I think he was referring to me mentioning they do not say she is fireproof in the books. They don't say either way, at least not yet. It may be something the show made up or something that is yet to be seen in the books that will never be written.

I think they have said but I don't know that we need to start a book discussion here. 

I think the bigger question is how Dany will take learning that Jon has the better claim to the throne. I don't think they have enough episodes to do a full on dance of dragons 2 but surely there will be some division from it. 

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

I think they have said but I don't know that we need to start a book discussion here. 

I think the bigger question is how Dany will take learning that Jon has the better claim to the throne. I don't think they have enough episodes to do a full on dance of dragons 2 but surely there will be some division from it. 

It’ll be even more complicated when she finds out she’s pregnant with his kid. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

It's pretty easy to see Jon deferring to her, despite his rightful claim.  He'll be happy as Warden of the North.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING BOOK TALK

The books do not exist in this thread. If you want to talk about books start a fucking book thread. I don't care if it's talk about a book that hasn't been written, a minor detail about a book, or anything fucking else about a fucking book do NOT TALK ABOUT IT HERE. 

• Like 8

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING BOOK TALK
The books do not exist in this thread. If you want to talk about books start a fucking book thread. I don't care if it's talk about a book that hasn't been written, a minor detail about a book, or anything fucking else about a fucking book do NOT TALK ABOUT IT HERE. 
Book talk not going away...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Is it a better claim? Do Westeros rules of Monarchy or whatever go down the siblings first or straight to the kids of whoever was next in line? Do they allow female rule? Guessing they do in extraordinary cases (like Cersei) but as a general rule do they allow it? Can’t remember any specific mention of it in the show.

I get jon’s Claim but it Seems like there is the case for the line going from mad king to rheagar (sp?) to the bro who died with the melted metal face to Dany, then any living kids of them three. 

8 hours ago, achooloco said:

Is it a better claim? Do Westeros rules of Monarchy or whatever go down the siblings first or straight to the kids of whoever was next in line? Do they allow female rule? Guessing they do in extraordinary cases (like Cersei) but as a general rule do they allow it? Can’t remember any specific mention of it in the show.

I get jon’s Claim but it Seems like there is the case for the line going from mad king to rheagar (sp?) to the bro who died with the melted metal face to Dany, then any living kids of them three. 

yes it is. It follows first born and their children before going to younger siblings. So Aerys is king. Next is his firstborn Rhaegar. Now I'm not sure if they've said for sure on the show, but it's typically males ahead of females. So after Rhaegar is his son Aegon, then would be the also confusingly named Jon/Aegon, (it might go to Rhaegar's daughter Rhaenys at this point, but it doesn't matter since she died with Aegon) then once Rhaegar's line is wiped out, it would go to Aerys' second born (living) Viserys, then if all those people are dead it would go to Dany.

It's like the British thrown. If Prince George dies before Queen Elizabeth, the crown still goes to George's son Prince William, not Elizabeth's second son Prince Andrew.

8 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

At this point claims got nothing to do with it,  you win the throne with fire and blood

but really, it's this, which is the point. GoT is supposed to be a realistic take on the fantasy genre with respect to the brutality of life and politics in the middle ages. The story is based off the War of the Roses where all the claims were hazy and questionable enough that it really only matter who was still standing at the end.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

but really, it's this, which is the point. GoT is supposed to be a realistic take on the fantasy genre with respect to the brutality of life and politics in the middle ages. The story is based off the War of the Roses where all the claims were hazy and questionable enough that it really only matter who was still standing at the end.

here I’ll respectfully disagree.  I think the reason there is so much rampant turmoil is that the clear claim to the  throne is somewhat ambiguous.  when bran explains to cersei and the others of jon’s situation and the validity of his claim they will surely accept it in the interest of peace.  westeros still has some civility.  

• Like 1

Just stopped by to say I love this thread and can't wait for tomorrow night. Our local brewery is hosting a viewing party tomorrow night. While their beer is pretty good, I'm wondering if people will know to STFU or if we'll get stupid questions throughout.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

Regarding the Syrio maybe = Jaqen....they didn't show Syrio die and everyone just assumed he died. They also didn't show the Hound die and everyone assumed he was dead too. Until he wasn't. We'll see if Jaqen shows up in the final season.

Are Ghost and Nymeria the only dire wolves still alive?

It's tough to start thinking about some of your favorite characters that you think will die for sure. Nobody is safe, but I wonder who people think will live or die. Bronn, Jorah, the Hound, Varys, Davos, 1 or 2 of the 3 remaining Starks, Jamie and Brienne all feel* disposable to me. It would suck to see Arya die. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Hound and Arya reunited.

50 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Regarding the Syrio maybe = Jaqen....they didn't show Syrio die and everyone just assumed he died. They also didn't show the Hound die and everyone assumed he was dead too. Until he wasn't. We'll see if Jaqen shows up in the final season.

Are Ghost and Nymeria the only dire wolves still alive?

It's tough to start thinking about some of your favorite characters that you think will die for sure. Nobody is safe, but I wonder who people think will live or die. Bronn, Jorah, the Hound, Varys, Davos, 1 or 2 of the 3 remaining Starks, Jamie and Brienne all feel* disposable to me. It would suck to see Arya die. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Hound and Arya reunited.

Bronn and The Hound are probably my two favorite characters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Everyone dies. Since the end of Hardhome I’ve been saying it. 

When he rides a dragon in Season 8, they’ll have a pretty good clue.
There’s another likely way to prove it, but that answer gets a little bookfaggish, so I’ll leave it out.

I think people will believe Jon wasn’t a bastard because Ned was honorable to a fault. It was a shock when he came home with a bastard. It would fit more with more Ned’s personality that he was covering for his sister than he cheated on Cat.

34 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Someone posted a page or two ago that a mistake of Bran's let the Night King and the dead South of the wall.  How did Bran do this?

I’m a tad tipsy but I think While he was worging or whatever it’s called while in an animal, he spied on the NK and the NK Somehow noticed, touched the animal. Thing was bran was in the hovel safe place with the 3 eyed raven up north, that the white walkers couldn’t get into. But once the NK touched warging bran, that gave him “access” and let the NK go wherever bran goes/went. At least according to the 3 eyed raven.

Then bran goes south of the wall where supposedly someone told Sam (someone, told someone forgot who told who...) that the wall wasn’t just the wall but had magic in it that kept out the white walkers. Least that’s the theory, since the line of the wall being more than a wall was a one liner I think and then the dead/ice dragon just melted it so who knows if there was magic and the writers just said fuck it we got ice dragons, let’s get the story rolling.

1 hour ago, achooloco said:

But once the NK touched warging bran, that gave him “access” and let the NK go wherever bran goes/went. At least according to the 3 eyed raven.

Then bran goes south of the wall where supposedly someone told Sam (someone, told someone forgot who told who...) that the wall wasn’t just the wall but had magic in it that kept out the white walkers

Just watched.  Yes, the Night King's mark is on Bran now.  Maybe they're connected like Frodo and Sauron.  I guess Bran also learned what can happen when you mess with the past while you're watching it.  Poor Hodor.  Long before it happened, the truth already was.  I wonder if we will get to see Hodor marching with the dead.  

anigif-sub-buzz-30425-1464200887-2.gif

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread