are there any anti-vaxxers here?

Gil Bang

That first response wasn't just something a spokesperson came up with off-hand. When a campaign spokesperson hasn't been given specific marching orders, they wait for those marching orders or no-comment. The specificity of that answer comes from Pete himself and the clarification is a walk-back after the backlash.

Pete needs to come out more forcefully on this.

We have enough things threatening the world without wishy-washy vaccine nonsense.

"Bernie believes opting out can create deadly risks for children suffering from illnesses who may not be able to receive a vaccination and are then exposed to children who are not vaccinated. Any exemptions should be rare and consistent with public health needs," the spokesperson said.

RARE? HOW RARE, BERNIE? LIKE, THOUSANDS OF EXCEPTIONS? MILLIONS? DEFINE "ANY"! Some specificity please! 

Why is it so fucking hard for people running for any sort of office to say FUCK NO!? 

Oh that's right they are worried about losing a couple of votes that could possibly get them elected. 

Water is wet and such. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Bernie believes opting out can create deadly risks for children suffering from illnesses who may not be able to receive a vaccination and are then exposed to children who are not vaccinated. Any exemptions should be rare and consistent with public health needs," the spokesperson said.

RARE? HOW RARE, BERNIE? LIKE, THOUSANDS OF EXCEPTIONS? MILLIONS? DEFINE "ANY"! Some specificity please! 

That is also a bad answer. Not as bad as Pete's because it doesn't actively recycle anti-vax talking points, but Bernie needs a MUCH better and more absolute answer.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

That is also a bad answer. Not as bad as Pete's because it doesn't actively recycle anti-vax talking points, but Bernie needs a MUCH better and more absolute answer.

Yep, I (and others) have pointed this out before but although all sane people have the same response politicians choose to be very careful with this specific topic since there are actual idiots on both sides of the political spectrum that believe the anti vax BS. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Yep, I (and others) have pointed this out before but although all sane people have the same response politicians choose to be very careful with this specific topic since there are actual idiots on both sides of the political spectrum that believe the anti vax BS.

And politicians need to be held to account by those of us who will brook none of this BS.

Unless it's Hank's darling baby son Pete, who must be protected from all criticism and analysis.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"All children should be vaccinated unless there is a specific medical reason not to do so certified by a doctor. Any exemptions for religous or personal feelings should be legal broadly, but parents making that choice forfeit their childrens' access to public schools."

This is easy. Just say that.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, Bookman said:

Yes they’ve had their shots. It’s their children who are at risk.

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Might want to read up on that . . .

That is the other thing that piss me off. People that don't understand it isn't just those that haven't been vaccinated that are at risk. 

14 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol A cruise ship full of Sciencetologists quarantined because of measles.

That ship is reportedly owned by the Scientologists.

Oh, the irony. It burns. It would burn more if they were Christian Scientists, but the burn is there nonetheless.

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Interesting choice of words . . . "mandates and immunity".

From his website:

He went to Richland High School his freshman year and then decided to move to the new Birdville High School when it was completed at the start of 10th grade. After three years in high school he decided to graduate early and took his GED. He went straight into college and spent time at Tarrant County College and Parkland College studying sales and marketing.

So, he attended 3 years of high school but "graduated early" by taking his GED.  He then went on to get an undergraduate degree at Stanford and pursued graduate work as a Rhodes Scholar (Oxford), but left before completion of that degree to become a pest control technician in Fort Worth.

Dude is a go-getter.  Upper management and community leadership are written all over him.

Edited by jimmyjazz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“God gave us a wonderful beautiful body that heals itself,” one anti-vaxxer said.

How do you reason with people like that?

Sadly, it seems that you can't. 

It would be a bit different if those idiots were the only ones who paid the price for their stupidity (yeah, it's the kids that really pay the price) but this is a public health issue. 

35 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i love this topic because it is truly a #bothsides issue. 

Morons everywhere. 

Yep.  It is liberal hippies and home schooling granola Christians.  Also interesting, don't blame disease outbreaks on immigrants.  They vaccinate.  Probably because the are from countries that took longer to eradicate the diseases.  When your parents and grandparents have first hand experience with measles, they tend to make sure their offspring are vaccinated.

See the source image
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep.  It is liberal hippies and home schooling granola Christians.  Also interesting, don't blame disease outbreaks on immigrants.  They vaccinate.  Probably because the are from countries that took longer to eradicate the diseases.  When your parents and grandparents have first hand experience with measles, they tend to make sure their offspring are vaccinated.

See the source image

2013-2014 school year. 

I would guess all of those percentages are lower than they were just 5 or 6 years ago......

Summer camp is newest front in battle with measles outbreak

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that, as of June 1, more than 1,000 measles cases had been reported in the U.S. since the start of the year, up from fewer than 100 cases a year a decade ago. The bulk of those cases have been diagnosed in ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in Brooklyn and suburban Rockland County.

The vaccine, which became available in the 1960s, is considered safe and highly effective — paving the way for measles to be declared all but eliminated in the U.S. in 2000. But it has had a resurgence several times, including 667 cases in 2014.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:23 AM, Johnny Sack said:

See the source image

So Arkansas, Kansas, and Idaho are "liberal hippie" states?  Or are they "home-schooling granola Christian" states?  I'm pretty sure North Dakota, Iowa, Alabama, and Kentucky don't meet those standards either.  Oh, and look -- New York is in the highest conformance band, as is Connecticut.  Oregon isn't far behind, nor are Illinois, Rhode Island, or Delaware.

It's almost as if @Johnny Sack just sees what he wants to see.  THAT never happens.

Edited by jimmyjazz

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So Arkansas, Kansas, and Idaho are "liberal hippie" states?  Or are they "home-schooling granola Christian" states?  I'm pretty sure North Dakota, Iowa, Alabama, and Kentucky don't meet those standards either.  Oh, and look -- New York is in the highest conformance band, as is Connecticut.  Oregon isn't far behind, nor are Illinois, Rhode Island, or Delaware.

It's almost as if @Johnny Sack just sees what he wants to see.  THAT never happens.

I can look at that map and admit plenty of people who vote my way are fucking idiots.    And look at Colorado, Washington, PA, Maine and Vermont for vaccine rates.  And Texas vaccinates a lot more than California.  This is a both sides are dumb thing Jimmy.  But you can’t admit that.  Because you are Billy Liucci delusional for your team.  

Keep it up Billy.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I can look at that map and admit plenty of people who vote my way are fucking idiots.    And look at Colorado, Washington, PA, Maine and Vermont for vaccine rates.  And Texas vaccinates a lot more than California.  This is a both sides are dumb thing Jimmy.  But you can’t admit that.  Because you are Billy Liucci delusional for your team.  

Keep it up Billy.  

Uh, you were the one who made the positive correlation.  I shot holes through it.  It's nowhere near as correlated as you think it is, based on the fucking map you provided.

If you need coaching on the meaning of "correlation", PM me.  I'll walk you through it.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, you were the one who made the positive correlation.  I shot holes through it.  It's nowhere near as correlated as you think it is, based on the fucking map you provided.

If you need coaching on the meaning of "correlation", PM me.  I'll walk you through it.

No you didn’t correlate shit.  I said there are dumbasses on both sides who don’t vaccinate.  You disagree.  

Why?  It’s hippie libs and homeschoolers.  Two idiot sides of the same coin.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

No you didn’t correlate shit.  I said there are dumbasses on both sides who don’t vaccinate.  You disagree.  

Why?  It’s hippie libs and homeschoolers.  Two idiot sides of the same coin.  

You didn't say anything of the sort.  If you think "homeschooling granola Christians" is a marker for "conservative" you're even dumber than I thought (and that's saying a whole lot, because you're an abject moron).

44 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The point is that people who don’t vaccinate are from extremists on both sides.  Equally.  And yet you disagree with this truism.  That’s why you’re a Liucci.  

I fucking agree with that point, you loon.  You don't.  Your post reflects this.

• 1 month later...