Tailleur17

Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Really good garlic bread; went to this seafood joint in Beaufort, NC, last weekend, and the meal overall was nothing really special, but I didn't mind because the view was nice, and the bread before the meal was exceptional. It's amazing, in retrospect, how many culinary sins that can absolve.

Garlic bread is top 10 greatest invention on earth. Top 2 if it's really good

When my Uber gps places me slightly away from where I really am, I love being able to easily adjust my spot on the Uber map to fix it.

When my Uber gps places me slightly away from where I really am, I love being able to easily adjust my spot on the Uber map to fix it.

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

Hearing an owl hooting in the city

Oh, man, one of the nicest things about my move has been all the nature all over the place. College Station is one giant cement strip mall, only without the charm of a strip mall.

I took the family on a day trip this weekend, though, to a city park in Durham. "West Point on the Eno". City park, mind you, where on the other side of the street is a shopping center. You turn in, though, and the trees shield you from civilization. It's right across the street, but you don't see it. There's a functioning grist mill there, dates from 1778. Old house, nature trails, the works. Birds, snakes, raccoons, the whole nine yards. And when you exit the parking lot, you're back in "the city".

Sorta had that feeling in Zilker Park, back in the day, though now you can see the skyline from there, so it's not really "disappeared" in quite the same way, but if you imagine it surrounded by incredibly tall pines, that would be the feeling.

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Oh, man, one of the nicest things about my move has been all the nature all over the place. College Station is one giant cement strip mall, only without the charm of a strip mall.

I took the family on a day trip this weekend, though, to a city park in Durham. "West Point on the Eno". City park, mind you, where on the other side of the street is a shopping center. You turn in, though, and the trees shield you from civilization. It's right across the street, but you don't see it. There's a functioning grist mill there, dates from 1778. Old house, nature trails, the works. Birds, snakes, raccoons, the whole nine yards. And when you exit the parking lot, you're back in "the city".

Sorta had that feeling in Zilker Park, back in the day, though now you can see the skyline from there, so it's not really "disappeared" in quite the same way, but if you imagine it surrounded by incredibly tall pines, that would be the feeling.

sounds kinda like the fire roads and trails through memorial park in houston down along buffalo bayou.  you're in the middle of the city but can't see the city.  no grist mill though. 

On 2/24/2019 at 11:27 AM, mdmost said:

The 20 or so Morning Doves that hang out in my backyard tree. Something oddly comforting about seeing them out there every morning

Mark their birdshit they leave in their wake on the trivial things that make you surly thread.

*Mourning

And they are probably collared doves, an invasive species that is displacing the native mourning doves.

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

*Mourning

And they are probably collared doves, an invasive species that is displacing the native mourning doves.

We need to build a net. On top of the wall.

*Mourning

Now that is quality debbie downer material.
dandowner3.png

I sneezed while taking a piss this morning, and not only did I not piss all over my pants, but I manage to keep it all in the bowl.  Thats some Buddhist monk shit right there.  

1 hour ago, Dertyberd said:

Thats some Buddhist monk shit right there.  

???

Comprised of one grain of rice, and delivered at the precise time intended by the universe?

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

???

Comprised of one grain of rice, and delivered at the precise time intended by the universe?

The power to channel a river amongst the chaos of earthquakes and the roar of Gods.  

the ability to speed up playback of insipid mandatory training videos that are at best tangentially relevant to my job.

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

the ability to speed up playback of insipid mandatory training videos that are at best tangentially relevant to my job.

I'd give the left side of my ass for that ability.

Late Friday night when I pulled in the driveway all I could here was the wind in the trees.  No cars, AC units, dogs barking or people.  Just leaves/pine needles/palm fronds rustling in the wind. 

Music to my ears.

The mountains are calling and I must go.

Heading south yesterday getting on the HOV lane.  Two stupid fucks are hauling ass around me and the other 10-12 cars ahead that are already doing 65 in a 45.  They pass us on the left but arent seeing the HC motorcycle cops up ahead.  Both get pulled over.    Bet that put a damper on their morning.

The changing colors of the leaves at Fall. Love the gold, orange, purple, and red that's spread about with the remainder of the green leaves on all the trees in our area. 

And before one of you drops in to crap on my trivial thing that's pleasing with your "BUT YEAH, YOU NOW HAVE TO RAKE ALL THOSE LEAVES UP, MEH!", I don't give a shit about that at all. I'll put those in a pile so the kids can jump into them. I love the Fall. You can't take that away from me, you fucking killjoys. 

Edited by mdmost

When the “trivial things that please the crap out of you” and the “bidet meta” threads line up next to each other. Nice. 

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

The changing colors of the leaves at Fall. Love the gold, orange, purple, and red that's spread about with the remainder of the green leaves on all the trees in our area. 

And before one of you drops in to crap on my trivial thing that's pleasing with your "BUT YEAH, YOU NOW HAVE TO RAKE ALL THOSE LEAVES UP, MEH!", I don't give a shit about that at all. I'll put those in a pile so the kids can jump into them. I love the Fall. You can't take that away from me, you fucking killjoys. 

Those trees are probably invasive species that have displaced the native elms and other hardwoods. By letting the leaves just sit and not raking them, you are choking out the few remaining seeds of the natives, preventing them from germinating.

Those trees are probably invasive species that have displaced the native elms and other hardwoods. By letting the leaves just sit and not raking them, you are choking out the few remaining seeds of the natives, preventing them from germinating.

life.gif

On 11/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Frank The Tank said:

Woke up hungover this morning at 11:05. Fuck, too late for Whataburger taquitos. Then checked my phone and realized it was actually 10:05. Fuck yes. 

Username most definitely checks out.