Looks Like We Have Another Fake Hate Crime

Kyle

• 10 months later...
10 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Tennessee investigators determine dog muzzle sent to former state vaccine manager was ordered with her own credit card

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/16/us/tennessee-vaccine-manager-dog-muzzle-case-closed/index.html

Why is it when I see the pictures of the party involved in these fake hoaxes, I’m like, yeah that doesn’t really shock me…

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Why is it when I see the pictures of the party involved in these fake hoaxes, I’m like, yeah that doesn’t really shock me…

Not to mention to concern we should all have that she 1) graduated from medical school and 2) apparently had a semi-important state job.

Never mind - I just remembered the guy from Dr. Death graduated from Tennessee Medical School. #secsecsec

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Shouldve added 30 days for contempt of court

More curious with how the judges hammered him about perjury if the DA goes about filing perjury  charges now that he is already going to jail. I dont think I have ever heard a judge admonish someone in sentencing about them perjuring themselves on the stand like that.

Sets a weird dammed if you dammed if you don’t scenario. Is he getting charged because the judge is mad and the city/DA wants to score points because of the issues he put the city through, or is he not getting charged because he is famous.

Either answer will have people lined up to argue about and have all the conspiracy theorist up in arms.

7 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

The guy is clearly mentally ill. I hope he gets the therapy, medicine or whatever help he needs behind bars to come out and be a bit more adjusted.

Lulz. I'm sure the staff at cook county jail will jump right on that.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would had a very tiny bit of respect for the guy if he had just pled this thing out. Instead he decided to waste more public dollars requiring a trial that we all knew would lead to this.  I imagine the next court fight will be over the $145k in fines that he won’t pay. 

Fuck him. When racial tensions in this country were high, he threw a Molotov Cocktail into the mix. He's going to be the poster child for every racist to excuse someone's behavior. "Is it true? Or is this just another Juicy Smollier case?"

Fuck him.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

His closing statement was a setup for another grift. He's going to attempt suicide and he might even go all the way with the goal of proving his innocence and the system being racist. 

Imagine being a dude making millions thinking you are on equal footing with people who literally had to fight for their freedoms. Fucking grifter. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Fuck him. When racial tensions in this country were high, he threw a Molotov Cocktail into the mix. He's going to be the poster child for every racist to excuse someone's behavior. "Is it true? Or is this just another Juicy Smollier case?"

Fuck him.

Yup. There's going to be plenty who are subjected to some bad shit but this asswipe did them no favors.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I read his family’s response and I think I see where he is getting enabled to be divorced from reality. His family are ten toes down for him on this obvious lie and grift and so he thinks his lie can work for the broader public I think.

“Jussie's older sister Jazz Smollett, 41, started off by saying that she believes her brother is innocent. 

"This should not be a controversial statement because it is the absolute truth," she said. "What should be controversial is the entire miscarriage of justice his whole ordeal has been."

As for Jussie's younger brother Jocqui Smollett, 32, he said his brother is a "complete victim."

"He was attacked and he is now going top jail for being attacked," Jocqui told reporters. "I saw my brother get locked up within two weeks for being attacked. Do you know how crazy that is?"

He said in front of the courthouse that the sentence discourages people from reporting hate crimes in the future.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Smollett's perjuries at trial were so frequent and so ridiculous that they tipped the scale heavily in the direction of jail time. He must do jail time for all the lying on the stand.

The judge actually did a decent job of sentencing. Remember that Jussie got 2.5 years of felony probation, which means that if he manages to survive his 150 days in prison, he'll have another 25 months during which, if he re-offends, or if he fails to comply with the other terms of his sentence (e.g. restitution), he can get as much as 2 years and 1 month of additional prison time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

His closing statement was a setup for another grift. He's going to attempt suicide and he might even go all the way with the goal of proving his innocence and the system being racist. 

I thought it was an effort to avoid going to jail (i.e., sending this asshole to jail for such a brief period of time is more trouble than it is worth).

50 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I read his family’s response and I think I see where he is getting enabled to be divorced from reality. His family are ten toes down for him on this obvious lie and grift and so he thinks his lie can work for the broader public I think.

“Jussie's older sister Jazz Smollett, 41, started off by saying that she believes her brother is innocent. 

"This should not be a controversial statement because it is the absolute truth," she said. "What should be controversial is the entire miscarriage of justice his whole ordeal has been."

As for Jussie's younger brother Jocqui Smollett, 32, he said his brother is a "complete victim."

"He was attacked and he is now going top jail for being attacked," Jocqui told reporters. "I saw my brother get locked up within two weeks for being attacked. Do you know how crazy that is?"

He said in front of the courthouse that the sentence discourages people from reporting hate crimes in the future.

fuck it, charge them with Accessory

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I wonder if being late to the sentencing had any impact on the judge.  

I think that judge practiced his speech in front of the mirror the night before. He was loaded and ready to fire regardless of Juissy's tantrum. 

If this was a low profile case, the judge would have held him in contempt for being late and his post sentencing rant.