Rick and Morty

Goo Punch

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

The interplay between Morty and the "Narnia" world is fantastic, also. 

It was pretty amazing how much world building and world advancement they invested in what seemed like a throw-away subplot.

All because the dude helped him carry him some wine through a doorway.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

It was pretty amazing how much world building and world advancement they invested in what seemed like a throw-away subplot.

Yeah. The intersection of "desperately and hormonally trying to lose your virginity" vs "Game of Thrones mythologizing and world building' was phenomenal.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Morty: how many enemies do you have to have, why is everything a fight with you?

Rick: you’re going to learn this early, life is a fight…

then Hoovy carried the wine through the portal…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. The intersection of "desperately and hormonally trying to lose your virginity" vs "Game of Thrones mythologizing and world building' was phenomenal.

I want an episode or two doing a much deeper dive on Hoovy's world.  I just loved the insane drive those people had over Morty coming through that wine gateway, and him living up to their expectations when he went Terminator on them.

Mr. Nimbus' entire persona had me rolling, especially when he was air humping to summon water. And Rick's need to keep him happy was more character development. We've never seen him like that and find out he's an old friend who he lost and give him some hard truths. The Morty storyline was also brilliant. Beth and Jerry's new "sex positive" attitude was funny. I'm just disappointed Morty didn't get to touch Jessica's "Little Mortys." Just a fantastic episode start to finish.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Mr. Nimbus' entire persona had me rolling, especially when he was air humping to summon water. And Rick's need to keep him happy was more character development. We've never seen him like that and find out he's an old friend who he lost and give him some hard truths. The Morty storyline was also brilliant. Beth and Jerry's new "sex positive" attitude was funny. I'm just disappointed Morty didn't get to touch Jessica's "Little Mortys." Just a fantastic episode start to finish.

He’s Mr Nimbus - he controls the police!

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Mr. Nimbus was awesome.  The fans just wanted fish gyrations!   Mr. Nimbus also invoked Rick's wife too.  

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mr. Nimbus was awesome.  The fans just wanted fish gyrations!   Mr. Nimbus also invoked Rick's wife too.  

I love the juvenile humor (I also cracked up when he pulled up and the water jets blew all over his face), while adding some depth through the conversation and invoking Rick's wife. I hope there is at least a reference or two later in the season about the Beth-Jerry-Nimbus manage-o-three.

SIAP. 

Adult Swim Premiered Rick And Morty Season 5 From Space

In celebration of Global Rick and Morty Day, Adult Swim cast the season 5 premiere from a miniature ship flown up in the atmosphere.

The year-long wait for another eclectic season of Rick and Morty has come to a close. Season 5 premiered on June 20th in the midst of celebrations for Global Rick and Morty Day, and it did so in the most unexpected way.

Adult Swim offered a unique viewing experience for the season 5 premiere of Rick and Morty, casting the highly demanded first episode from 150,000 feet up in the atmosphere. Those watching saw the show from behind a miniature ship with the titular characters themselves in the seats, and they also witnessed breathtaking views of the Earth behind it all.

The drone remained in the atmosphere the full length of the premiered episode, and the cameras stayed on through the landing of the drone. In space, the drone was continually moving and the camera angles would change every now and again, allowing the audience to take in the incredible view of the Earth and the aura of the atmosphere. The miniature model of the ship has an incredible amount of detail. Although viewers never see the Rick and Morty figures from the front, their hilarious countenances can be seen reflected on the screen every time it went black. Rick was seen with a maniacal grin and Morty was looking quite nervous, with enlarged terrified eyes.

that's really my scale- after i watch an episode for the first time, is it an episode i will want to go back and rewatch or not. i feel like i caught most everything this time around, and that episode (along with most of not all of S4) is not one that i plan on rewatching. so that's one hit, one miss for me so far this season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Maybe the best R&M post credits ever 

The Johnny Carson acid vat ending is still better, but this is close.

It was a very well-written episode. I enjoyed it more than S5:E1, even though it wasn't as funny or, TBH, very funny at all until the end. Like many recent episodes, it sometimes feels like, "Oh great, another new skin for Pocket Mortys. And another. Yep, one more."

Amusing episode, my wife commented “I feel like I need to be high to understand this episode”

I also chuckled that this like Loki that our fam is watching has done the clone vs decoy bit now. I know Loki talked about an illusion vs duplication casting…

And yes as others have commented, that post-credit is a top 5.

A beautiful, funny ep that advances that narrative. No complaints.

Spoiler

Killer end credits scene. Not the best, but great. How do you come back from gay dad sex?  

And the final solution had me dying. Biggest laugh of the season.

I'm gonna eat so much ( bleep ), you're gonna sh1t. Check this out. This is gonna be me at the party... B-b-laaaah! B-b-blaaaah! Oh, is that another ( bleep ) Don't mind if I... b-b-blaaaah! Ho-ho! This'll be me across the room... "excuse me, miss. It appears that you have an uneaten ( bleep ) Allow me...

• Haha 1

that was...awful. if that was the first episode of R&M i'd ever watched, i don't think i'd ever give the show a chance again. it's like they forgot that this show is supposed to be funny.  

also, hearing the show runners talk about the episode afterward makes me think that this show is done. these dudes are so caught up in making some deep, personal, meaningful, artsy fartsy crap that they're incapable of just making us laugh for 24 minutes. this is a trend these days. rick and morty, atlanta, dave, master of none- i could keep going. the show starts out as one thing, becomes successful, and then the creator(s) has to, like, explore their creative souls or some dumb shit and the show stops being the show. i'm getting pretty tired of this formula playing out in my favorite sitcoms-turned-dramatic-artsy-bullshit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

that was...awful. if that was the first episode of R&M i'd ever watched, i don't think i'd ever give the show a chance again. it's like they forgot that this show is supposed to be funny.  

also, hearing the show runners talk about the episode afterward makes me think that this show is done. these dudes are so caught up in making some deep, personal, meaningful, artsy fartsy crap that they're incapable of just making us laugh for 24 minutes. this is a trend these days. rick and morty, atlanta, dave, master of none- i could keep going. the show starts out as one thing, becomes successful, and then the creator(s) has to, like, explore their creative souls or some dumb shit and the show stops being the show. i'm getting pretty tired of this formula playing out in my favorite sitcoms-turned-dramatic-artsy-bullshit.

Are you my spirit animal?  Couldn't have said it better.

• Haha 1

how many of y'all saw the show runner quotes at the end? god it was depressing. one of them was talking about how he cried when Beth consoled Morty at the very end of the episode. each of the show runners just went on and on about the storyline, and emotions, and motivations for the characters, and character growth, and all of this other shit that is more suited for a dramatic series than what Rick and Morty is supposed to be/what it was S 1-3. 

also, let me say that i'm not anti-substance or anything like that. the show was able to be both hilarious and and profound at times throughout the first three seasons. Morty's, "nobody asks to be born..." soliloquy comes to mind. Community was the same way. that episode last night? i don't even know what that was, but it was neither funny nor profound. 

so i have no cable but do have prime, netflix, pantaya, fubo, disney, hulu+ and hbomax but don't know where to find the latest new episodes. little help, please? tried watching the other week the latest episode and it had the first but not the ones after. Are they doing the whole "streaming a week behind live show" sorta thing or am just on the wrong service? 

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

was she on community? i mean she fire but ...i really want to watch that episode if she was...

Oh is that the bit? I never watched that much community. I thought it was just R&M cameos. Derka jerks his peen to Community so that makes sense. 

And community was funny - don't get me wrong. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Oh is that the bit? I never watched that much community. I thought it was just R&M cameos. Derka jerks his peen to Community so that makes sense. 
And community was funny - don't get me wrong. 

Dan Harmon created community, that’s why there is a lot of crossover and likes
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

how many of y'all saw the show runner quotes at the end? god it was depressing. one of them was talking about how he cried when Beth consoled Morty at the very end of the episode. each of the show runners just went on and on about the storyline, and emotions, and motivations for the characters, and character growth, and all of this other shit that is more suited for a dramatic series than what Rick and Morty is supposed to be/what it was S 1-3. 

also, let me say that i'm not anti-substance or anything like that. the show was able to be both hilarious and and profound at times throughout the first three seasons. Morty's, "nobody asks to be born..." soliloquy comes to mind. Community was the same way. that episode last night? i don't even know what that was, but it was neither funny nor profound. 

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven directly onto your head?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, achooloco said:

so i have no cable but do have prime, netflix, pantaya, fubo, disney, hulu+ and hbomax but don't know where to find the latest new episodes. little help, please? tried watching the other week the latest episode and it had the first but not the ones after. Are they doing the whole "streaming a week behind live show" sorta thing or am just on the wrong service? 

Not that I'm aware of - kind of pissed off that it's not on Hulu or HBO Max. 

You can always try and find it on YouTube the night it airs - sometimes people will put up shitty rips with some distortions to get around the algorithms.  You can also watch review videos and catch glimpses of it (but they are limited to 5 minutes or less of footage from a 22 minute episode or whatever).

I really don't know how the fuck it's not easily available.  Their target audience is the audience most likely and capable of pirating it.

And Dan Harmon knows how important numbers are, given the fiasco with them not knowing that Community was a shitload more popular than the antiquated ratings systems that were in use at the time, and not knowing until it was streaming.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

That episode was great.  I'm sorry people can't understand that being deep AND funny can both happen.  Hell it's what great about this show compared to other "comedies".  It's why a show like Final Space has such a devoted, if MUCH MUCH smaller core of fans.

The 2nd episode has been the only one that was a little bit of a downer so far.