Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

(Don’t do it...don’t do it...shit)
I will bite. Why do they owe him an education?

Because they offered him a scholarship and accepted his commitment and signature binding them to it. He’s a fat, worthless waste of a roster spot, but the university does not get a pass for jimbo and crew’s incompetence.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Because they offered him a scholarship and accepted his commitment and signature binding them to it. He’s a fat, worthless waste of a roster spot, but the university does not get a pass for jimbo and crew’s incompetence.

Well I agree with that. 

I think they legitimately could have re-evaluated his offer once they got a new OL coach. It sucks but it happens all the time. They could of told him no thanks long before that. But yes, after they let him sign, they should honor the ship. 

• Like 1

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / Kendal Daniels ready for announcement, knows where he's choosing

Spoiler

Kendal Daniels ready for announcement, knows where he's choosing

Brian Perroni

Beggs, Okla., four-star safety Kendal Daniels is ready to have his recruitment process over. The 6-foot-4, 190-pound defender, ranked as the top prospect in Oklahoma, is planning to announce his commitment this coming Saturday.

Daniels, who is the No. 139 overall prospect in the country per the industry-generated 247Sports composite, will share a live video of his announcement on social media.

"I'm going to be having like a celebration at my house," Daniels said. "It's going to be around 6:30 or so. My mom is going to livestream it, I believe, so I'll have the link on Twitter for people to watch."

Daniels has four schools that are still in the running.

"It's down to my final four. It's OU, Texas A&M, Clemson and LSU," he said.

With the decisions less than a week away, Daniels says he knows where he will be headed.

"Yes sir, I know," he said on Sunday evening. "I probably figured it out for sure pretty recently. The last couple days, I've really been sure.

"I haven't told the school yet. I haven't told the other ones, either."

As for what he was looking for in his school of choice, there were not exactly any criteria that Daniels could measure.

"I wanted to have my mom like where I wanted to go," he said. "I didn't just want to list to people telling me where to go. I just wanted to figure out what felt right for me and for my family and I figured that out."

Though there has been an NCAA dead period since the middle of March, Daniels says he recently made his way down to one of his schools to see the town and campus on his own.

"My mom and I, we went down to Texas A&M for the day," he said. "We just wanted to see it, since I hadn't been there. We drove around and looked at the campus and the town and everything.

"I liked it a lot. It was a lot different than Beggs, Oklahoma. It seemed like there was a lot to do there and the football facilities looked really nice, from what we could see of them. We couldn't go in anywhere or meet with anybody, so we only got sort of a limited idea. But it was good to see things."

Daniels' Crystal Ball is currently trending toward A&M with the last five predictions in favor of the Aggies.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yes. And he refuses to play LB and even balks at the hybrid role Clemson was selling him on. Decision making — playing S at aggy is better than playing rover at Clemson? Oof. 

If you put it that way, doesn't his decision making ability scream Aggy?

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Aggie 247 / Brian Perroni / Kendal Daniels ready for announcement, knows where he's choosing

Hide contents

"My mom and I, we went down to Texas A&M for the day," he said. "We just wanted to see it, since I hadn't been there. We drove around and looked at the campus and the town and everything.

Did they not go ANYWHERE else?  How could one possibly drive around College Station and look at that campus and think, wow this is nice, I might want to go here???

The SEC needs the OOC games. We all know why. 

On a recent episode of the Barton & Bud Show, a new podcast from 247Sports, Analysts Bud Elliott and Josh Pate (filling in for Barton Simmons, who is on paternity leave) discuss which in-conference games they'd like to see scheduled if college football leagues move to conference-only scheduling in 2020.

"I've been thinking of rematches. I want to send Georgia to A&M," Elliott said on the show.

image.thumb.png.ad63bd11e082c956e53ba4db60bc5a21.png

image.thumb.png.a8177c87fbda3a5d560056b46bb0fcba.png

Again, the SEC being forced to play conference only would be hilarious. At the same time, I don't see them allowing it to happen. They're going to go down swinging with that 8 conference game schedule, even during a pandemic. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Again, the SEC being forced to play conference only would be hilarious. At the same time, I don't see them allowing it to happen. They're going to go down swinging with that 8 conference game schedule, even during a pandemic. 

It's so weird the two best academic major conferences made their decision so early. Very odd.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Wow. I am shocked aggy wants to keep all its cupcake games. Who could've guessed?

Also have to love that aggy thinks a conference schedule including South Carolina, Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Miss St. is "full of powerhouse games."  They could play 10 conference games and still have plenty of easy wins. 

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Wow. I am shocked aggy wants to keep all its cupcake games. Who could've guessed?

Also have to love that aggy thinks a conference schedule including South Carolina, Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Miss St. is "full of powerhouse games."  They could play 10 conference games and still have plenty of easy wins. 

Wins maybe, but easy? Please. They’ll barely win 2-3 of those games against Miss schools and Arky and maybe Scar. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Wins maybe, but easy? Please. They’ll barely win 2-3 of those games against Miss schools and Arky and maybe Scar. 

*Easy wins for a competent football team. Hopefully this statement won't become a glass house situation like it did so many time the last damn decade. 

1 minute ago, Deej said:

I still think they were running more from Tech than us when they left the Big12. 

Tech would probably lose due to their defense, but they would absolutely put 30+ points on that defense.

Tech. TCU would be much more fun. Patterson would have them playing with their hair on fire, not too mention seeing Evans against aggy.

TCU, Bama, Auburn, LSU, MSU, OM, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia.

I don't think they would qualify for a Bowl game with this schedule.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I realize this is a texas site, but really?  You can't actually believe this, right?

It's like when we said Ehlinger was dog crap last year.  Way out of touch with reality.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I realize this is a texas site, but really?  You can't actually believe this, right?

It's like when we said Ehlinger was dog crap last year.  Way out of touch with reality.

Now tell me what your game against Arkansas looked like last year before they got Briles to call the offense. Tell me the score of the Ole Miss game. 

Tell me about the scores of the Arky, Miss St, and Scar games in 2018. 

Tell me about the scores of the Arky, Scar, Miss St and Ole Miss games in 2017. 

So when I say “barely lose” some of those games next season, and looking at your historical output versus these teams BEFORE they got great offensive minds leading those teams, you tell me, who is out of touch with reality? 

I’m fucking serious. Please explain at length where my understanding of your past performance versus their new offensive coaches that youre poorly equipped to handle from a defensive back basis is out of touch with reality. 

It’s generous that I said you’ll barely win. In several of those scores I requested above you flat out lost. Statistically speaking, you WILL struggle with at least 2 of those games. Because when havent you ever? I’ll wait. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now tell me what your game against Arkansas looked like last year before they got Briles to call the offense. Tell me the score of the Ole Miss game. 

So when I say “barely lose” some of those games next season, and looking at your historical output versus these teams BEFORE they got great offensive minds leading those teams, you tell me, who is out of touch with reality? 

I’m fucking serious. Please explain at length where my understanding of your past performance versus their new offensive coaches that your poorly equipped to handle from a defensive back basis is out of touch with reality. 

It’s generous that I said you’ll barely win. In several of those scores I requested above you flat out lost. 

Bill Connolly's metrics think they'll be the #10 team in the country. There's so much variance in this season for them.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Bill Connolly's metrics think they'll be the #10 team in the country. There's so much variance in this season for them.

Maybe. But who here is going to be shocked if they drop a game to one of those teams? They’ve barely beaten Arkansas the last 3 years. And that’s not some fluke of final score, I watched every one of those games. I remember them getting smoked by Shea fucking Patterson true freshman debut as well, ages ago. Shea “I can’t throw in the field of play” Patterson. aTm plays down to their competition pretty consistently. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"They have no idea the studs Jimbo and co are bringing elite East Coast talent"

Ah yes, when I think big time football, I think the Northeast. I'm also a time traveler from 1920, but I don't see how that's relevant.

Hide contents

Ed-5jPIXsAYW4R3?format=jpg&name=360x360Ed-5kt1X0AEwXqW?format=png&name=360x360

Holy shit. The class played for the championship as freshmen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

"They have no idea the studs Jimbo and co are bringing elite East Coast talent"

Ah yes, when I think big time football, I think the Northeast. I'm also a time traveler from 1920, but I don't see how that's relevant.

Hide contents

Ed-5jPIXsAYW4R3?format=jpg&name=360x360Ed-5kt1X0AEwXqW?format=png&name=360x360

OK that's it, which one of you is RiverRat97?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m fucking serious. Please explain at length where my understanding of your past performance versus their new offensive coaches that youre poorly equipped to handle from a defensive back basis is out of touch with reality. 

It’s generous that I said you’ll barely win. In several of those scores I requested above you flat out lost. Statistically speaking, you WILL struggle with at least 2 of those games. Because when havent you ever? I’ll wait. 

Let me help

Arkansas 43 - Aggy 50 (Final OT) - Dallas  (+7)

Miss. State 35 @ Aggy 14 (-21)

Ole Miss 24 vs.  Aggy 31  (+7)

S. Carolina 17 @ Aggy 24   (+7)

Arkansas 17 - Aggy 24 - Dallas  (+7)

Miss. State 28 vs. Aggy 13  (-15)

Ole Miss 24 @ Aggy 38  (+14)

S. Carolina 23 vs. Aggy 26 (+3)

Arkansas 27 - Aggy 31 - Dallas  (+4)

Miss. State - 30 @ Aggy 49 (+14)

Ole Miss 17 vs. Aggy  24 (+7)

S. Carolina 6 @  Aggy 30 (+24)

Edited by Neonmoon

A&M talks about running with the big dogs in their division, Bama and LSU, and to a lesser extent Auburn. But shit, they've lost 3 out of the last 4 to MSU and 4 out of the last 6. The only time they've won in Starkville since joining the SEC was when they had Manziel. I know MSU sucks and is on their third coach in four years, but I wouldn't be so fast to count that one as W on the road this year. Starkville is not an easy place to play. 

1 minute ago, jordanaggie said:

If anyone is interested in chopping it up with a few more ags-- sort of a small, A&M version of Surly: https://discord.gg/2fqqsC

Ah, this is the site that forced Perroni to ask @DrPepper for forgiveness? 

Honestly, your fanbase has needed an unmoderated site (well, for football. Politics should maybe stay moderated) in the worst way.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ah, this is the site that forced Perroni to ask @DrPepper for forgiveness? 

Honestly, your fanbase has needed an unmoderated site (well, for football. Politics should maybe stay moderated) in the worst way.

I'm not sure who has demanded or required forgiveness, but DP is over there, along with some other outcasts and misfits.  It's definitely unmoderated.

I hope that every last aggie fan jumps to your site just to get away from the over-moderated, State-Run, Pravda-esque, sunshine only, bullshit that were the only options before. 

Quite frankly I am surprised it hasn't happened sooner. Why people pay money to post in that environment is completely beyond me. Throw in the fact that the fucking site owners and mods basically berate their subscribers and it is mind blowing.

I am sure Billy thinks he is too far entrenched to lose all of his subscribers, but HornFans vanished in the blink of an eye for the exact same reasons.