2020 House election thread

cactusflinthead

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Fort Bend County peeps. The days of win the primary, win the election are over. Trumps cult of personality supporters cannot like this, and that should be enough to make a difference. Would really hate to see this get boosted

Nehl’s is most likely cooked. He only has 120K leftover from the primary while his opponent is nearly at $2 million. I don’t think Nehls is as strong of a candidate as the guy who just retired and barely won in 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh, I’m so glad she beat him.

I really liked her in the Netflix documentary, “Knock Down The House”.

And the way Rep. Clay was basically given his seat when his father died and his other shady dealings rubbed me the wrong way.

Good for her!

He also apparently helped the GOP gerrymander so he and and a Republican would get safe seats

Fort Bend County peeps. The days of win the primary, win the election are over. Trumps cult of personality supporters cannot like this, and that should be enough to make a difference. Would really hate to see this get boosted

Regarding that tweet I’ve noticed the same thing in my Dallas district with Collins challenging Allred. Collins is the generic “I know biz and love guns” republican platform but she was front page of newspaper as chosen to welcome trump to west Tx on the tarmac a few wks ago (her and Beth van duyne)... nary a mention of it by Collins on any social media, and hardly a trump/federal party shoutout at all in months now.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

So she wasn’t running for re-election? That’s what I gathered after googling because the whole concept confused me. So she’s listed as a democrat but shes basically a republican right?

Yeah its a bit incorrect for that tweet to say goodbye to Tulsi by some implication that she lost when she wasn't even running in that primary. Definitely the clock is running out on her time in Congress but that was previously set when she didn't run.

No, she's nowhere near a republican. You can read her views here: https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah its a bit incorrect for that tweet to say goodbye to Tulsi by some implication that she lost when she wasn't even running in that primary. Definitely the clock is running out on her time in Congress but that was previously set when she didn't run.

No, she's nowhere near a republican. You can read her views here: https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/

Why is she despised?

Ilhan Omar is feeling some heat from her left flank going into tomorrow's primary.

https://www.fox9.com/news/rep-ilhan-omar-antone-melton-meaux-hit-home-stretch-of-5th-district-primary-race

The other hot race in Minnesota is the challenger to Collin Peterson up in MN-7. This district has gotten really Trumpy, but so long as Collin stays there, he's delivered too much sugar to the district for him to be sent off on someone else's terms.

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

Well I for one am shocked that the 25-year old Republican candidate from North Carolina idolizes fucking Nazis.

He kind of looks nazi / aryan - like.

his dumbass base will see this nazi stuff as a positive and buy him a beer.

Edited by Voldemort86

14 hours ago, 406W30th said:

Well I for one am shocked that the 25-year old Republican candidate from North Carolina idolizes fucking Nazis.

I'll say it--the Berchtesgaden compound is pretty cool.  It's an easy day-trip out of Salzburg, and it's worth the time.  Do the salt mines in the morning, and then go up to the Eagle's Nest in the afternoon and have a beer at the outdoor cafe overlooking the Alps.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'll say it--the Berchtesgaden compound is pretty cool.  It's an easy day-trip out of Salzburg, and it's worth the time.  Do the salt mines in the morning, and then go up to the Eagle's Nest in the afternoon and have a beer at the outdoor cafe overlooking the Alps.

Don't forget to post an ear-to-ear grin on IG while calling Hitler "the Führer"!

On 8/10/2020 at 8:06 PM, 406W30th said:

He'll get elected but he's a POS. On his website bio, he lists that he was nominated to the US Naval Academy prior to his accident. That exact wording may well be true, but he was also rejected by the Naval Academy and consequently did not receive an appointment.  This was all BEFORE the horrible accident that left him disabled. His defense is that he never said that he wasn't rejected.

Do we all get credit now for something that we wanted to do? Maybe I will apply for the NASA astronaut program and after they reject/laugh at me, I will add to my resume that I was under consideration to lead the next Moon landing.

Wrapping yourself up in the military flag, when they rejected you, is another form of stolen valor.  While I think Crenshaw shamelessly uses his injury for political gain, at least he actually served our country and was injured on duty. This guy tries to tie himself to the military and implies that his horrible injury somehow kept him from serving while it must have been his grades or something else that kept him out.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/11/2020 at 8:36 PM, StassneyHorn said:

Marjorie Greene won her runoff in Georgia and in all likelihood will be in Congress.. She is the ridiculous QAnon candidate. Profile below is that if the Congress reporter for Politico.

The Democrats are going to tie every single Republican to her the same way the Republicans have tried to tie every Democrat to the Squad.  You want to run as a Republican in suburban Dallas?  You're going to have to answer for the crazy racist shit your colleague from Georgia said.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The Democrats are going to tie every single Republican to her the same way the Republicans have tried to tie every Democrat to the Squad.  You want to run as a Republican in suburban Dallas?  You're going to have to answer for the crazy racist shit your colleague from Georgia said.

Democrats ARE? Or Democrats SHOULD? Huge fucking difference there, and I know exactly which one I suspect to be most likely. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Democrats ARE? Or Democrats SHOULD? Huge fucking difference there, and I know exactly which one I suspect to be most likely. 

I think Democrats will.  I mean, they're not that incompetent.  They did a decent job with Steve King over the years.

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He'll get elected but he's a POS. On his website bio, he lists that he was nominated to the US Naval Academy prior to his accident. That exact wording may well be true, but he was also rejected by the Naval Academy and consequently did not receive an appointment.  This was all BEFORE the horrible accident that left him disabled. His defense is that he never said that he wasn't rejected.

Do we all get credit now for something that we wanted to do? Maybe I will apply for the NASA astronaut program and after they reject/laugh at me, I will add to my resume that I was under consideration to lead the next Moon landing.

Wrapping yourself up in the military flag, when they rejected you, is another form of stolen valor.  While I think Crenshaw shamelessly uses his injury for political gain, at least he actually served our country and was injured on duty. This guy tries to tie himself to the military and implies that his horrible injury somehow kept him from serving while it must have been his grades or something else that kept him out.

AptUnripeGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I did not see this coming.  I always assume the presidential race would have a smaller waves than the midterms.  I thought 2018 would be the peak.

Trump is toxic in the suburbs and people see through his pathetic attempts to reach out to them or bring them back. 

collin Allred or pete sessions old seat is rated likely Democratic now. He should win with ease. It took Democrats forever to dislodge sessions.

I have no idea how good or bad this poll or pollster is, but if it's anywhere accurate Collin Peterson has a really bad starting position. FYI MN-7 is largely farm country along the border with the Dakotas. Has gotten really Trumpy over the last few years. 

58 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I think Democrats will.  I mean, they're not that incompetent.  They did a decent job with Steve King over the years.

It helps that Trump just called her a rising GOP star.

"Don't believe us? Listen to Trump. This is who the Republicans are."

Gotta admit, I’m regretting a little giving money to Wendy Davis. 2 emails a day at least non stop since I did it. None of them talking about what she’ll do, all of them trying to scare me into giving more right this minute.  Finally told them to slow it down today. We’ll see. The rest of my choices are way less intrusive so far. 

49 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Gotta admit, I’m regretting a little giving money to Wendy Davis. 2 emails a day at least non stop since I did it. None of them talking about what she’ll do, all of them trying to scare me into giving more right this minute.  Finally told them to slow it down today. We’ll see. The rest of my choices are way less intrusive so far. 

I've concluded that our donations are mostly funding software to solicit more donations.  I'm really not sure what else they are doing with the money. 

All donations will put you on a fundraising list. You don’t get secret emails or inside access to their thoughts. That’s for big donors. You hit unsubscribe and get on with your life knowing you did your part to get a Republican out of Congress. Smarter people than you and I set up a gmail account strictly for this purpose.

EDIT: your money is more meaningful with state house candidates. You’ll still get emails, you’re money just means more and has a bigger effect upballot

Edited by StassneyHorn

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

All donations will put you on a fundraising list. You don’t get secret emails or inside access to their thoughts. That’s for big donors. You hit unsubscribe and get on with your life knowing you did your part to get a Republican out of Congress. Smarter people than you and I set up a gmail account strictly for this purpose.

EDIT: your money is more meaningful with state house candidates. You’ll still get emails, you’re money just means more and has a bigger effect upballot

This. Getting Democrats control of a chamber of the state house vs. knocking off Chip Roy is teach a man to fish vs feed a man a fish. 

Giving the Democrats a seat at the redistributing table will do far more to check the GOP then knocking off a single trash member.

• Hook 'Em 1

Preet Bharara has his teenage sons doing “housework” - researching which House candidates he should support. They select one per day in August, and Preet gives the candidate a $500 donation, and of course tweets about it. Aug 14 was my future rep Kara Eastman, but he has also singled out Texas candidates.
I like Preet.

20 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

So far my only donation above state house is to Wendy, mainly because I find Chip Roy to be reprehensible.  10 others got my money at the state level, and they've been much more reserved in their begs.  And yes, I know how to unsubscribe.  I'm pointing out a problem that could potentially turn off otherwise willing voters, not complaining like an old that I have lost control of my inbox.

Beto did it right in that way.  Yes, I got emails from him asking for cash, but I also go emails from him telling me a story about what he was doing with the money, what his ideas were, and what he planned to do if elected.  Wendy's hitting it out of the park with the money begs, but is batting .000 so far on all the rest.  

There should be a balance that all of these fundraisers attempt to achieve, and I think them not working towards that balance is going to hurt them in the long run.  I'm hopeful someone who has the ear of candidates reads this and passes it along, because I think they are squandering an opportunity here.

Meanwhile, Wendy has definitely not earned a repeat donation, but the others either have or I expect will over the course of the next month.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Both Collin Allred and Lizzie Fletcher are being endorsed by the US Chamber of Commerce. This the first time they are endorsing Democrats and says to me the organization thinks re-election is safe, or their support could put them over the edge. Doesn’t make sense for an organization that only puts on for Republicans, to abandon them in Texas for Democrats.

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Both Collin Allred and Lizzie Fletcher are being endorsed by the US Chamber of Commerce. This the first time they are endorsing Democrats and says to me the organization thinks re-election is safe, or their support could put them over the edge. Doesn’t make sense for an organization that only puts on for Republicans, to abandon them in Texas for Democrats.

This is what I have been saying for awhile--Texas isn't going to go purple.  It's going to go blue, and in a hurry.

Texas has always been a one-party state, in part because partisan competition works to the detriment of the big businesses that have always ran the state.  As soon as Democrats start winning, the big money from TAB and TxOGA are going to come to them.  And with the money to run registration and GOTV drives, the Democratic Party in this state is going to become dominant.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is what I have been saying for awhile--Texas isn't going to go purple.  It's going to go blue, and in a hurry.

Texas has always been a one-party state, in part because partisan competition works to the detriment of the big businesses that have always ran the state.  As soon as Democrats start winning, the big money from TAB and TxOGA are going to come to them.  And with the money to run registration and GOTV drives, the Democratic Party in this state is going to become dominant.

Hey now, we can't have any of this optimism in the CR.  GTFO with that.  This place is for panicking and doom.

• Hook 'Em 1