I saw Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Parliament

Liked it. I didn’t recognize random kid as IM3 kid and had thought he was Captain America’s grandkid from timeline change after I saw old Cap on bench.

The portal scene at end was cool to see all the forces assemble vs Thanos.

It’s been a great ride in MCU past 10+ years , curious to see where next 10 go  

Loved the movie and thought it was a great ending. 

I guess my biggest question is Thor going to be with GotG moving forward? I hope so because I just started to enjoy Thor in infinity wars and how powerful he is so I wanna see more of him.

another question will be is the next crop called avengers as well? 

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Liked it. I didn’t recognize random kid as IM3 kid and had thought he was Captain America’s grandkid from timeline change after I saw old Cap on bench.

Holding out for a Thanos resurrection in Annihilation.  

49 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Loved the movie and thought it was a great ending. 

I guess my biggest question is Thor going to be with GotG moving forward? I hope so because I just started to enjoy Thor in infinity wars and how powerful he is so I wanna see more of him.

another question will be is the next crop called avengers as well? 

Maybe Thor will be forced to trade his life for Gamora's in GOTG3: The Search for Gamora.  Some sort of blaze of glory ending for him too.  It truly felt like this was the ending for the OGs:  Nat is dead, Cap is retired, Tony is dead, Hawkeye is retired, Hulk is going to just run the show behind the scenes a la Hank McCoy (maybe next SHIELD director) but maybe Thor gets his swan song in GOTG3. 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Maybe Thor will be forced to trade his life for Gamora's in GOTG3: The Search for Gamora.  Some sort of blaze of glory ending for him too.  It truly felt like this was the ending for the OGs:  Nat is dead, Cap is retired, Tony is dead, Hawkeye is retired, Hulk is going to just run the show behind the scenes (maybe next SHIELD director) but maybe Thor gets his swan song in GOTG3. 

Agree.  I don't see how they can match what they've done the last ten years.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Maybe Thor will be forced to trade his life for Gamora's in GOTG3: The Search for Gamora.  Some sort of blaze of glory ending for him too.  It truly felt like this was the ending for the OGs:  Nat is dead, Cap is retired, Tony is dead, Hawkeye is retired, Hulk is going to just run the show behind the scenes a la Hank McCoy (maybe next SHIELD director) but maybe Thor gets his swan song in GOTG3. 

I thought gamora came back into the future with thanos and was stuck and everyone else died? 

Also I thought only God-like men could pick up the hammer? I know vision picked it up in age of ultron and didn’t thanos grab it in end game as well? What’s the criteria to pick it up? I know there are some comic book experts in here to help me with that part.

So, like, is every 21 year old dude who didn't turn to dust trying to get back their still 16 year old dusted girlfriends? Is that going to be legal now?

And good luck sorting out a million new marriages with new kids. "You couldn't wait 5 years for Iron Man to invent time travel?!?"

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So, like, is every 21 year old dude who didn't turn to dust trying to get back their still 16 year old dusted girlfriends? Is that going to be legal now?

Odd. Does your mind immediately go to statutory rape in every scenario or just comic book movies? 

14 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I thought gamora came back into the future with thanos and was stuck and everyone else died? 

Also I thought only God-like men could pick up the hammer? I know vision picked it up in age of ultron and didn’t thanos grab it in end game as well? What’s the criteria to pick it up? I know there are some comic book experts in here to help me with that part.

Quill was on his ship trying to locate Gamora when Thor walked up to him. 2014 Gamora was dusted with everyone else I’m guessing. Tony didn’t know she was there so he probably just dusted everyone not “supposed to” be there. 

47 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So, like, is every 21 year old dude who didn't turn to dust trying to get back their still 16 year old dusted cousins? Is that going to be legal now?

And good luck sorting out a million new marriages with new kids. "You couldn't wait 5 years for Iron Man to invent time travel?!?"

FIFY

On 4/27/2019 at 7:36 PM, elfenix said:

So the hammering at the end - Tony in the cave in Afghanistan?

no reason to stop the money train now, after all, Tony has a daughter who now has no father and is pissed off about it and the first we ever saw of her she was wearing an iron woman mask.

You know what was realistic?  Barton being pissed off.....because he got stuck living alone in Mizery.

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Vision was not at the time a living being, he was a machine.  Elevator can lift Thor's hammer, so can Vision.

Thanos grabbed stormbreaker i believe.  

The Mind Stone was why Vision was worthy. It made Mjolnir think Vision was worthy. A being with an Infinity Stone who is not evil would be considered worthy. 

And the hammering at the end was a call back to Tony hammering in the cave. The place where the Marvel Cinematic Universe all began. 

I was thinking about where they might go last night. The Russos have said Secret War is a favorite of theirs. That's an easy storyline where they could assemble the leftover MCU characters to take on an opponent off world. Guardians, Infinity War, Endgame and Captain Marvel have introduced the idea of the universe not being that big. Just have to choose a good villain. Those aren't in huge supply now. 

Edited by mdmost

I think they have a new crop of hero movies that builds up to the next team up, probably a more diverse group too. I know they probably planned phase 4 years ago but I gotta imagine having fantastic 4 and xmen back could change things up a bit. Maybe they keep xmen separate from the big team ups but still same universe. 

Right as stated above, vision had the mind stone he was of pure mind and therefore deemed worthy.

Thanos did a boss move and tried to use Storm Breakers momentum against Thor. It was returning to Thor on command Thanos tried to force it down on him. Although stormbreaker was not enchanted like Mjölnir, Thor merely tells the GotG that they were not powerful enough to handle a weapon from Etir.

I think magneto once controlled the Uru that made up Mjölnir once which made it seem like he was wielding it but he wasn’t actually.

12 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Others have said 2014 Gamora ran off after Tony snapped, and them chasing after her will likely be the premise of Guardians 3.

It's going to be very subjective.  Because no one knows what Tony did for the snap - remove everyone who wasn't supposed to be there (i.e., including Gamora) or just "those loyal to Thanos" or...????

No trying to start a "plot hole" debate just a question that maybe someone can answer..

How did Thanos come thru the portal without a suit? I thought the suit was required for time travel? I understand he had a Particle but how did he and an entire army Portal thru on 1 spaceship? They could not have fit in the ship because it would have needed to be shrunk down. 

1 hour ago, joeycovers said:

No trying to start a "plot hole" debate just a question that maybe someone can answer..

How did Thanos come thru the portal without a suit? I thought the suit was required for time travel? I understand he had a Particle but how did he and an entire army Portal thru on 1 spaceship? They could not have fit in the ship because it would have needed to be shrunk down. 

I'm going to assume that when 2014 Nebula was hacking into the Avengers' time machine, Thanos and his children were already figuring the other part out.  In the comics, Thanos is a technology genius, so I'm good with accepting that they had access to far superior technology than what Stark and company cobbled together "in a cave, with scraps!"  

• Like 1

Saw it last night. Good, not great for me. The 3 hours went by quickly though. Not really sure what I’d critique that’d make it better, but...

CM showing up at the end and just going through the ship was weak. Then she has trouble when fighting with thanos, and needs help with the gauntlet?  Which led to the hokey women assemble moment. 

In IW they make a big deal about Tyrion making the gauntlet, but now they can just make their own and also tony’s will work?

time travel is always a “turn your brain off and just go with the rules we tell or show you,” and they made an effort to tell us the rules. I just didn’t like their rules. 

Why was it personal at the end for thanos? Wasn’t he thankful for showing him what was wrong with his plan?

all that said, cap using thor’s Hammer and all the dedusted showing up to fight was nice. 

The humor didn’t land as much as usual for me, but the sad stuff did.  

Dont believe I’ve had an original thought here, but there it is. 

• Like 1

^It was personal because the Avengers were stubborn and wouldn't let shit go the way Thanos thought the world should...he was basically annoyed at the extent they have gone through to stop him.  Pain in his purple ass.

Edited by utxmike05

1 minute ago, utxmike05 said:

It was personal because the Avengers were stubborn and wouldn't let shit go the way Thanos thought the world should...he was basically annoyed at the extent they have gone through to stop him.  Pain in his purple ass.

That and the whole "he watched himself get decapitated by them in the future" thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

^It was personal because the Avengers were stubborn and wouldn't let shit go the way Thanos thought the world should...he was basically annoyed at the extent they have gone through to stop him.  Pain in his purple ass.

This.  He was just super fucking pissed that the universe didn't collectively move on and instead mourned the dead and wanted to reverse it.  They were supposed to be thankful he made life "better" for them.  To him, no longer fighting for resources >>>>> losing loved ones.

• Like 1

https://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-questions-we-still-have-after-avengers-endgame-1834300697

an attempt (was made) at answering several questions about endgame.  nothing really that has not been hashed out here, though. 

I would interested to see what happened with Gamora.  We know in the future she is gone for good (like Widow). but then she existed in 2023 after traveling to the future.  So was she dusted with all Thanos' ilk?  She knows she is 'with' starlord in the future, but obviously was not with the guardians at the end, because they are all strangers at that point.  If Gamora is still alive somewhere in 2023, then that seems like a loophole way to bring Widow back as well even if there would be a gap in her memory.

51 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-questions-we-still-have-after-avengers-endgame-1834300697

an attempt (was made) at answering several questions about endgame.  nothing really that has not been hashed out here, though. 

I would interested to see what happened with Gamora.  We know in the future she is gone for good (like Widow). but then she existed in 2023 after traveling to the future.  So was she dusted with all Thanos' ilk?  She knows she is 'with' starlord in the future, but obviously was not with the guardians at the end, because they are all strangers at that point.  If Gamora is still alive somewhere in 2023, then that seems like a loophole way to bring Widow back as well even if there would be a gap in her memory.

I think it's more Gamora just took off since she helped end the threat of her father. She could still be somewhat bad but not on the level of wanting to extinguish half the galaxy like her father. She didn't turn good until her interactions with Peter. GOTG3 could be a quest to get her to not be a bad guy. But the 2018 Gamora is gone for good just like Black Widow. They're not coming back. They're both dead.  If there's a Gamora in GOTG3, it's the 2014 version. 

Thanos has a pym particle that they dug out of nebulas head —that’s how they shrunk the ship. They also had her time gps

If you kill half of all life how could the survivors benefit? Half the cows and half the fucking wheat and corn and fish and plankton  and bacteria?  

it started slow but finished in a flat out amazing way. I'm glad Marvel stayed true to their roots and didn't go down some perverse DC route where everything was so serious. Hemsworth as Thor is the not-so-hidden gem of the series. Who would have predicted he'd be one of the funniest and funnest parts of the thing. They had a hard job to do with giving everyone a bit of time to shine and saying goodbyes and for the most part they got it right. I understand some of the complaints about Hulk, but think of who wielded what and how the OG crew proved worthy. Hulk can use the gauntlet and survive (clearly not in a shape for a rematch with Thanos after that), Captain can wield both of the Hammers, Stark paid with his life etc... Everyone's fear of Captain Marvel overshadowing the group proved unfounded. Yeah, she is powerful, but it wasn't a problem here. Given the enormity of the whole project, just have to salute them for pulling it off.

I did not like Falcon as the new Captain America though.... what happened to the superhuman part of the job description? Should have been Bucky,

On 4/29/2019 at 3:58 PM, Js1 said:

Thor as a character feels interesting: he had a existential/emergence arc through Ragnarok and Infinity War, so his character in Endgame felt really regressive to me. Does he have to find and prove himself yet again? Or is his Thorbowski act actually who he is versus who he was meant to be.

2 hours ago, naija said:

it started slow but finished in a flat out amazing way. I'm glad Marvel stayed true to their roots and didn't go down some perverse DC route where everything was so serious. Hemsworth as Thor is the not-so-hidden gem of the series. Who would have predicted he'd be one of the funniest and funnest parts of the thing. They had a hard job to do with giving everyone a bit of time to shine and saying goodbyes and for the most part they got it right. I understand some of the complaints about Hulk, but think of who wielded what and how the OG crew proved worthy. Hulk can use the gauntlet and survive (clearly not in a shape for a rematch with Thanos after that), Captain can wield both of the Hammers, Stark paid with his life etc... Everyone's fear of Captain Marvel overshadowing the group proved unfounded. Yeah, she is powerful, but it wasn't a problem here. Given the enormity of the whole project, just have to salute them for pulling it off.

I did not like Falcon as the new Captain America though.... what happened to the superhuman part of the job description? Should have been Bucky,

I was thinking the same thing but realized it’s a perfect opportunity for the story in the first movie. He tries to be Cap and gets destroyed early on. Thinks he’s not worthy, not strong enough. Then somehow gets serum and becomes Cap strength wise, but that doesn’t solve the problem, because Captain is more than being super. He has to learn how to become Cap heart wise, always doing the right thing, etc. 

Alright I just saw it.

It was good. Probably not as good as Infinity War. I thought it was a little too comic-releif and fan-servicey but it had some nice moments. I loved Cap getting the hammer (probably in part because he's my favorite of the Avengers). The bringing everyone else back from the dead for the final battle was pretty sweet albeit super predictable. I did tear up a little bit at Stark going out. 

The entire plot was very well done. The idea of returning to all of the past settings/films was well handled, and while I'm sure there were plot holes galore they kept it moving quick enough to gloss over any of the egregious ones. 

That said, holy shit Captain Marvel is plagued by the same disease Superman is. She can basically do whatever the fuck she wants. And the whole "Oh well y'all are selfish you know there are OTHER planets out there, mmmkay?" was basically just an excuse for her to not kick the shit out of everything for the entire runtime. 

Idk. I like that they didn't overuse her retardedly powerful abilities as far as the plot was concerned but it kind of felt like, why even include her in the first place? And long hair Brie >>>>>> lesbo cut Brie. 

Pepper Potts in the Ironman suit was fucking stupid, as was the side plot of Hawkeye deathnote killing for no apparent reason, but as a whole it didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth the way other superhero films are wont to do . 

3.5/5

3 hours ago, naija said:

Yeah that was fucking awful. I really hope they don't reboot black captain America as a thing. 

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Saw it last night. Good, not great for me. The 3 hours went by quickly though. Not really sure what I’d critique that’d make it better, but...

CM showing up at the end and just going through the ship was weak. Then she has trouble when fighting with thanos, and needs help with the gauntlet?  Which led to the hokey women assemble moment. 

In IW they make a big deal about Tyrion making the gauntlet, but now they can just make their own and also tony’s will work?

time travel is always a “turn your brain off and just go with the rules we tell or show you,” and they made an effort to tell us the rules. I just didn’t like their rules. 

Why was it personal at the end for thanos? Wasn’t he thankful for showing him what was wrong with his plan?

all that said, cap using thor’s Hammer and all the dedusted showing up to fight was nice. 

The humor didn’t land as much as usual for me, but the sad stuff did.  

Dont believe I’ve had an original thought here, but there it is. 

Pretty sure we had the exact same take on the film. Take some rep.

Besides the Thanos "personal" thing which someone already explained for you.

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

No apparent reason?

Assuming you were referring to my original comment. I think going from losing your family to becoming a drug-kingpin-murdering psychopath is a bit of a stretch but if I was missing something let me know.