Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

So their first announced spend was $1.69M. Now they're up to $5M in what... 5 days?

When it came to turning on the dark money firehose, she had a plan for that!

Got a text today from her campaign saying they had doubled their $7M goal over the weekend. So maybe people just started donating to her like Bernie is so used to people donating to him. 

nah, probably a conspiracy against Bernie again. 

I met MJ last Sat as she came in to go door knocking with the Waren canvassers. I assumed it was to talk about herself. She gave a short talk before heading out and took some questions. She has an impressive background. I didn't know she has a six sigma belt and is also a certified change agent. Taking these skills into politics gives her unique qualifications. 

Anyway, I'm sure she is prepared to back the dem nominee no matter who that might be. 

• Like 1

Took my cheat sheet to the polls today and gave her my vote. First time Democratic Primary and I have to say, I still don't like those new touch screens. She was not on the first list of candidates so you have to hit the screen again to view her name on the ballot but a lot of the folks that have dropped out are on the first page. Same for Senate. Hope it doesn't hurt the candidates for whom I voted. Also, I'm not as old as the voters I saw around me, but I had a hard time getting the touch screen to accept my touch. Hate to think what it's like for someone with shaky hands. They should go back to either the scrolling dial or paper ballots IMO.

• Like 1

In Texas, she was first one and you had to hit more to see Bidens name.  It didn't let me not vote in a race. I had to pick someone. 

Ted Lieu is pissed he is in the more section of his race. I honestly don't know how much it can affect a candidate but I may be underestimating how dumb people are to not check out the more button.

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

In Texas, she was first one and you had to hit more to see Bidens name.  It didn't let me not vote in a race. I had to pick someone. 

Ted Lieu is pissed he is in the more section of his race. I honestly don't know how much it can affect a candidate but I may be underestimating how dumb people are to not check out the more button.

If I remember what I've read correctly, there's an established advantage with being first on the list of candidates. Lol.

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

She was first on my ballot too, but I definitely didn’t have to vote for everyone. On the print out it just said “no choice made” or something similar. 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

Apparently she's just another typical politician willing to heel turn in order to preserve her own personal interests. 

Show me one that isn't.  Bernie could be the closest thing to that, and his spending plans are just ridiculously un workable.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong or navigating the website wrong, but she has as many sponsored bills passed into law since 2013 as Bernie has in his entire career.  She may not be as left wing or pure as Bernie to the bros, but she's a better politician and would get so much more done as a president. Too bad she's going to lose.  At best we'll have 4 years of Bernie yelling and pounding a podium talking about reforms that will take a miracle from God getting passed into law.  If we win the Senate he'll thankfully get some judges passed and that's about it.  The Democrats are not going to bend the knee to an outsider the same way the GOP has for Trump.  

Liz is in a bad spot where she's too "capitalist" for the Bernie Bros and too left wing for the Bloomberg/Biden/Klob crowd.  She's everyone's second choice, but can't grab enough first choice votes.  We don't deserve her and are going to fuck this election up.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=412542#current_status[]=5,28

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=400357#current_status[]=4,5,28

• Like 3

One of the reasons I voted for her.

If someone gives her a fight, she is all in until the dust settles. In the back of my mind I'm thinking the corporate world is pretty scared of her gaining momentum and allies. That she was able to gain some traction with those wealthy individuals who sat down with her plans and ran the numbers and said "well, ok, this will mean giving up total domination but it's not the billionaire apocalypse we thought it would be and look at all the gains everyday Americans will have with respect to healthcare, education, climate change, etc" says something about her ability to work with people. But the rest of the corporate world is quietly pushing her to the side and definitely promoting her negatives column because she is a much larger threat to them than Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, or Bloomberg. Bernie is out there in a way that sets him apart from the previous four I just mentioned, obviously. Warren and Sanders are similar but not the same and the media is determined to paint them with one brush and IMO that is bad for both of them.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tom said:

Correct me if I'm wrong or navigating the website wrong, but she has as many sponsored bills passed into law since 2013 as Bernie has in his entire career.  She may not be as left wing or pure as Bernie to the bros, but she's a better politician and would get so much more done as a president. Too bad she's going to lose.  At best we'll have 4 years of Bernie yelling and pounding a podium talking about reforms that will take a miracle from God getting passed into law.  If we win the Senate he'll thankfully get some judges passed and that's about it.  The Democrats are not going to bend the knee to an outsider the same way the GOP has for Trump.  

Liz is in a bad spot where she's too "capitalist" for the Bernie Bros and too left wing for the Bloomberg/Biden/Klob crowd.  She's everyone's second choice, but can't grab enough first choice votes.  We don't deserve her and are going to fuck this election up.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=412542#current_status[]=5,28

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?sponsor=400357#current_status[]=4,5,28

All of this.  

• Like 1

I voted for Warren. I feel strongly that she's the best candidate, we need a woman leading this country right now, and I'm proud of my vote.

I'm not thrilled that it's looking like we'll get stuck with an old white guy as the nominee.

• Like 3

The main issue if I look at long standing polling results (which is dangerous) is that her actual results had not strayed too far from where she began at the beginning of the season. Biden was the clear frontrunner then, and Sanders and Warren were coming in around second and third but lagging. The media loves changes especially upward ones but they were slow to respond to both Sanders and Warren whenever they surged and whether those results were long lasting. It took big events for either of them to get news (or conversely negative press such as the Sanders essay printed from long ago or the handshake that wasn't). Very little policy discussions anymore at all. Which plays into the popularity contest and also plays into the two men currently leading. The other guy, the man my husband refers to as Count Doku (spelling?) has had policy discussed in the media because his policies are click bait such as stop and frisk. but the issue is the delegates have to work with each other and I'm crossing my fingers that Warren is in this to try and get some of the progressive policies enacted through negotiation. The media might consider this when reporting but I'm not seeing it. Or I'm full of horse hockey. Regardless, its nerve wracking.

There are specific tactical decisions (by both her campaign and her rivals) that brought her to this point. But a larger context to understand is that if you, like many of my friends, find the situation puzzling, that is probably because you know a lot of people who are demographically similar to yourself. I’m a highly educated white person, and most of my friends and acquaintances are also highly educated white people. Elizabeth Warren is very popular with people like us.

The reality is that there aren’t that many people like us — and there’s a valuable lesson in that, not just about the Warren campaign specifically but about some of the larger dynamics in American politics.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/3/21162527/what-happened-to-elizabeth-warren?fbclid=IwAR0uiM7Ucl_OXyyaacwhpnVU2-apaNzut_g-1CjroHb6Lwg0fDFJKOdeqywax

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

There are specific tactical decisions (by both her campaign and her rivals) that brought her to this point. But a larger context to understand is that if you, like many of my friends, find the situation puzzling, that is probably because you know a lot of people who are demographically similar to yourself. I’m a highly educated white person, and most of my friends and acquaintances are also highly educated white people. Elizabeth Warren is very popular with people like us.

The reality is that there aren’t that many people like us — and there’s a valuable lesson in that, not just about the Warren campaign specifically but about some of the larger dynamics in American politics.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/3/21162527/what-happened-to-elizabeth-warren?fbclid=IwAR0uiM7Ucl_OXyyaacwhpnVU2-apaNzut_g-1CjroHb6Lwg0fDFJKOdeqywax

Some interesting demographic stats in that article:

But in the actual American population distribution, there are more high school dropouts than people with master’s degrees. The median American under the age of 30 has $0 in student loan debt, not because the median young person is superrich but because most people didn’t attend expensive higher education institutions in the first place.

The problem, as usual, is the morons.

The problem, as usual, is the morons.

You’ve heard me say it before: electorally, the most important demographic group in this country, and no other group even come close, is uneducated idiots.

You have to win the stupid vote. Whoever gets it, wins. Every other group is just a side dish.
  • Like 2

You’ve heard me say it before: electorally, the most important demographic group in this country, and no other group even come close, is uneducated idiots.

You have to win the stupid vote. Whoever gets it, wins. Every other group is just a side dish.

Problem is the stupid vote is also the rural vote. The same vote the GOP is purposely trying to segregate from education and benefits and blame the democrats as being the root cause.

Thankfully they are slowly dying off.

42 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Problem is the stupid vote is also the rural vote. The same vote the GOP is purposely trying to segregate from education and benefits and blame the democrats as being the root cause.

Thankfully they are slowly dying off.

Biden is winning tonight because he’s dominating among the less educated voters in the democrat party.  

On 2/29/2020 at 11:08 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, well just shift that $800B over to his programs, that'll be a nice downpayment for the first 6 months.

THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT AND INEFFICIENT, LET'S EXPAND IT AS LARGE AS POSSIBLE!

37 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Biden is winning tonight because he’s dominating among the less educated voters in the democrat party.  

AP508664980680-540x360.jpg

Bernie Bros are smart, they went to college! Just didn't get a job to pay off those loans :(

Meanwhile in boomer Biden land the real brains of the DNC: the crazy cat lady

Biden-FI.png

^^IMO your logic does not compute, but that's okay.

I was disappointed last evening but Michael Knight's article had a fair point and Warren did not have enough ground game/sound strategy to garner support among both high and low info voters. Come what may with her decision going forward, I don't regret leaving the GOP and voting for a Democratic candidate. So, we will see what happens next.

• Like 1