The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I've been absent from this thread for a bit.  Apologies, I'm proud of you guys for talking a newb into a Taylor.  Good choice.

Do you married guys leave your ring on when you play?  I was really annoyed when I found out it goes on the right hand.  I have thing fingers, and the knuckles are the widest points.  I now have lube dispenser next to my guitars, ostensibly so I can get my ring off.

Nope.  Took it off for awhile while playing, and then just stopped wearing it altogether.  Albeit because I got fatter. 

13 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Here you go:

Back in the day I hated Kenny Loggins and his slickly produced hits. But I watched that show when it was new and those same songs come off really well with just a good rock band playing them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I leave my ring on when playing electric, but if I'm playing acoustic (and especially if I'm recording) it has to come off.  It's just too loud clunking around on the neck.

I kind of like that random percussive effect.  Of course, my taste and playing are shit, so there's that.

8 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Fret hand. Stays on. If I take it off I’ll lose it. Which isn’t something I want to deal with.

I lost mine 3 days after I got married, and wife was with me and she saw me put it "there" and helped me look for it.  After a slight bout of frustration she got with the program.  I told her I'm not in a hurry to wear one again because I play piano and guitar (etc.) and it's too uncomfortable.

Haven't worn one since.  And that was 25 years ago almost exactly (yeah, we're going somewhere this summer for the anniversary).  Do not want.  Ever.  

Edited by phdhorn

22 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I’ve been married nearly 33 years and I haven’t worn my wedding ring for about 32 years.  I’m not a jewelry guy and I can’t stand anything that feels tight on me.  My wife doesn’t seem to mind. 

Well, that's good!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I’ve been married nearly 33 years and I haven’t worn my wedding ring for about 32 years.  I’m not a jewelry guy and I can’t stand anything that feels tight on me.  My wife doesn’t seem to mind. 

....delay pedal (friday bad joke day)

Edited by noharleyyet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wedding ring wasn’t a traditional band. It was a fairly wide and airy James Avery continuous Icthus band and it made a racket. However, I found that it made me learn to position my left hand more properly and be a lot more precise in my fretting. The ring (and ex wife) are long gone but my playing improved significantly. Win/win.

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid?icid=211567

can you play acoustic through these? Also any good?

Looks like a copy of the Bose PAs.  Would love to know how they sound.  I would thing they would be perfect for acoustic....if they are worth a shit.  

Seems to get decent reviews, especially if you add a small mixer in between.  

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/gemini-pa-300bt-portable-line-array-column-pa-speaker-system/l18008000000000

Edited by hullabelew

Fret hand. Stays on. If I take it off I’ll lose it. Which isn’t something I want to deal with.

Tell me about it. This fell out of a couch I had searched countless times when we moved recently.

e6dbeab67e81ab7c31b67010d115bf5a.jpg

Yay, now I have two. It’s always been loose so I got to where I liked it that way, so I can put it on my right hand when I’m playing if I want to.

26 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Looks like a copy of the Bose PAs.  Would love to know how they sound.  I would thing they would be perfect for acoustic....if they are worth a shit.  

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/gemini-pa-300bt-portable-line-array-column-pa-speaker-system/l18008000000000

Based on the reviews it must come up on SDOTD from time to time. Someone get one today and report back.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Tell me about it. This fell out of a couch I had searched countless times when we moved recently.

e6dbeab67e81ab7c31b67010d115bf5a.jpg

Yay, now I have two. It’s always been loose so I got to where I liked it that way, so I can put it on my right hand when I’m playing if I want to.

There needs to be an adaptation where you can move it up to play slide guitar with it.

I’ve been doing my chords in my office chair in front of the computer. What a dumbass.  Now I’m sitting in a loveseat and everything is so much more comfortable.  My left hand is in a better position and it turns out my fingers do know where to go for the beginning chords.  What a dumbass I am.  

A couple of Cuba Libres don’t hurt either. Lol

4 hours ago, hullabelew said:

I kinda want to buy a Bose one for my new music room 

18 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

I’ve been doing my chords in my office chair in front of the computer. What a dumbass.  Now I’m sitting in a loveseat and everything is so much more comfortable.  My left hand is in a better position and it turns out my fingers do know where to go for the beginning chords.  What a dumbass I am.  

A couple of Cuba Libres don’t hurt either. Lol

There is no practice focus like good weed, VA.  A move to a weed friendly state will do wonders for your guitar.  Well, it will help some.

I am selling my Gretsch to partly fund a new Strat. The Strat I have now is an HSS and that's fine but I want one w/three single coils and apparently I am never going to finish putting all my Strat parts back together again so I'm going to have to buy one. Love that white blonde look.
s-l300.jpg

You posted a pic of the guitar you want rather than the guitar you’re “trying” to sell?

Iswydt

I put it off for the same reasons.   But you know what else isn't stock?   The headstock snapped off.   Only difference is, you can't ever get that back to original. 

20170115-132337.jpg

Like I said, I had to learn my lesson the hard way. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1