The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

For someone who has no idea what they're getting into, the Katana 50 is perfect. Cheap, lots of built in effects and models, even more if you plug it into a computer, and you can get a feel for those effects and amps before you go down the rabbit hole of buying gear.

Where is that?

Lakeside Tavern. Bosqueville, Texas. Just outside Waco.

I moved here when i was a kid. My Mom still lives here. There used to be a bait store a few acers over. Then they started selling beer. By the 90's when i moved away they had some tables so you drink beer there. Then they built a bar. Eventually it morphed into a full on honky tonk - they dont even sell minnows behind the bar anymore. I tell everybody that if it had been this way in the 90's I night have never left.

I just sat in for a couple songs last night and we played some blues. Otherwise it was mostly country and that Tele sounded great for it in my frends hands.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Here's phd jr's rig I bought for Xmas... really sweet intro git and that Squier Frontman amp down there is an awesome little porta, puts out a lot of volume and it's a blast to play with the gain/vol to get the overdrive.  Fun little combo.  The boy has been on it almost 24/7 since yesterday.  Diggin' him diggin' it.

Squirestrat.jpg

(yeah those are socks... lol the boy doesn't want to scratch it up so he has socks covering the metal/rubber).

I got my nephew the same set up thanks to this thread.  He went crazy over it!  It was so much fun to watch him to unwrap it.  He opened the amp first and said, "I don't know what this is but it looks cool!"  Then, when he opened the guitar he lit up.  I did not expect that level of excitement as his mom only casually mentioned that he was interested.

• Like 5