The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

5 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I got this done last night and it will get filled w more color in a couple weeks. Don't know where else to post it, but it features maybe the best Les Paul tandem in Rock and Roll history.IMG_20220210_080248_147.jpg

And here I was starting to question your dedication to your art...

10 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Well no PRS right now wife said didn’t you just buy that green one??! I said “yeah but I’m getting a deal” then she just looked at me… 

she’s just got that look (fletch voice)…. 
40th is in March so hope is there 

Bogeylost.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I got this done last night and it will get filled w more color in a couple weeks. Don't know where else to post it, but it features maybe the best Les Paul tandem in Rock and Roll history.IMG_20220210_080248_147.jpg

That is badass. And agree every band should have dual lead guitars. 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

Someone is skipping chest day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Let’s see everyone’s number ones.  The last guitar you would part with if it came down to it. Mine is this ‘63 Telecaster reissue.  Perfect neck and scale length for my hands.   The neck pickup is smooth like butter and the bridge growls like a beast.  That a Tele would be my number 1 has surprised me, because I never thought I liked teles.  I went looking for one as a niche guitar to fill out a collection and then bam, I played this and was like “Whoa...”.  I’ll cycle through my guitars and they are all nice and bring something a little different to the table, but every time I get back to this Tele I have that same reaction.

DDCA3786-9743-4A5C-A817-713B070AA594.jpeg

D3618F63-3C6A-4225-AA44-DF10D91B4288.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

The Les Paul would also be in the mix but this was my first electric, still one of my best sounding electrics, and one that I play all the time. I’d probably grab it in a fire. My acoustics are still packed up for winter but the OOO15M would be up there too.

7C17E8F2-B1C5-4CB1-B04B-D37DDF78EF2F.thumb.jpeg.7e8548f657b50b413528319e66e33673.jpeg

'98 American Standard. Stock except I changed the pickguard from white to tortoiseshell when I was 14.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Let’s see everyone’s number ones.  The last guitar you would part with if it came down to it. Mine is this ‘63 Telecaster reissue.  Perfect neck and scale length for my hands.   The neck pickup is smooth like butter and the bridge growls like a beast.  That a Tele would be my number 1 has surprised me, because I never thought I liked teles.  I went looking for one as a niche guitar to fill out a collection and then bam, I played this and was like “Whoa...”.  I’ll cycle through my guitars and they are all nice and bring something a little different to the table, but every time I get back to this Tele I have that same reaction.

DDCA3786-9743-4A5C-A817-713B070AA594.jpeg

D3618F63-3C6A-4225-AA44-DF10D91B4288.jpeg

I would like the Eastern Europe budget version of that, if I could just get to Europe to buy it. 

BBE0279E-6E2E-482F-910A-B3AEDA43245B.jpeg

A2EB7CF8-09EE-4EE2-8D6E-CED789DE8C0E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Have you had a chance to put this one through it’s paces yet? Really interested in a review.

So, I really like this thing. It sounds exactly like that sound in my head of what I want to sound like if that makes sense. The cleans are really clear but not sterile or thin. When you add in some gain it sounds the right kind of dirty. I am firmly in the team P90 camp now. I love the simplicity (Volume/Tone and pickup selector). I never use a trem, so the hard tail is perfect for me. Build quality is great. The gig bag is meh. I was hoping for the Daphne blue version, but got a great deal on this Surf green. Now that I have it, the color has grown on me, its more vivd than the Daphne that was kinda washed out in person. I went in and played a few telecasters first, but this just felt and sounded right. 

• Like 1

Shockingly, to me, at the moment it would be this one. Never considered myself a Strat guy. Neck to die for and with the switching allowing for neck and bridge combo it gives me a bit of that Tele sound. Fantastic guitar.

And the color has really grown on me.

Screenshot_20220212-140804_Amazon Photos.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1

2001 PRS CUSTOM 24 w/ 10 Top

i get every tone I need out of this thing fender Les Paul ect. Best clean tone for a electric I own. I can play any music out of it and it fits in the palm of my hand. This was my 1st real guitar purchase. It was $3799 and I had 2k in my pocket. My manager at Guitar Center goes oh don’t worry and bam employee discount was cost so I got it for $1950. Fuck to the yeah yeah yeah! This is my baby. If my house was on fire after the wife and kids were safe I’m going back for this.D90DDF38-1F7F-41E5-AFC8-CA076999B75A.thumb.jpeg.5478ddfcf8d936f1a34b33a0aaaaa68b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, topochico said:

So, I really like this thing. It sounds exactly like that sound in my head of what I want to sound like if that makes sense. The cleans are really clear but not sterile or thin. When you add in some gain it sounds the right kind of dirty. I am firmly in the team P90 camp now. I love the simplicity (Volume/Tone and pickup selector). I never use a trem, so the hard tail is perfect for me. Build quality is great. The gig bag is meh. I was hoping for the Daphne blue version, but got a great deal on this Surf green. Now that I have it, the color has grown on me, its more vivd than the Daphne that was kinda washed out in person. I went in and played a few telecasters first, but this just felt and sounded right. 

P90's are the bee's knees.

16 minutes ago, Deej said:

That's like saying "I never thought I'd like having sex with supermodels."

Yeah, I arrived at guitar through 80s hair bands.  Teles were decidedly uncool to my Ratt-listening ass.  Then through most of my adulthood I focused on career and parenting and just had a crappy $150 Takamine acoustic.  Fast forward to a few years ago when life had calmed down and money was not so hard to come by.  I decided to get back into music and all that teen prejudice against hee-haw teles had persisted... until I decided to go play them.

I realize I was a gravely mistaken dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've posted my #1 before, but here it is again.

1990 Telecaster N_9 serial number anomaly.  Early 1990 American Standard before the new factory opened.  On paper, it's nothing special.  But these were hand picked woods and basically handmade (500 of each color between 1987 and early 1990).  Great pickups too.  I removed the TBX tone control for a more traditional one.  Other than that, it's as it always was since I picked it up in 1996 or so.  

I2XLq9FKxG6NsLYtzax0cngUfzU6XUbbPQH4ApgX

headstock.jpg

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

One of the great features of a Tele is that you don't look like some dickwad playing one, if (ahem) you don't really bring the rock 'n roll vibe to the game.

Guitar equivalent of a small, well-thought-out pedal board.

I ditched my big pedal board years ago for a couple of small ones (4 and 5 spaces each).  I've never used the larger one other than for storage.  My reasoning was that I was starting to play again, and with my chops, I'd feel like a dickwad showing up with a huge board.

35 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

man I had a Fender Custom Shop calendar in probably 1999 or 2000 that had that guitar on it