The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

2 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

That slow/loop feature makes it worth it to me. I’m still very novice so picking / strumming along to shit I like to listen to is 99% and I’ll tell you, in a single sit down, I hit pause and slide the slider on Tidal back half an inch over and over and over again.

There are other ways to achieve that with different apps and such, but it’s nice having everything integrated into one piece of hardware and it’s corresponding app.

Not sure i was planning on spending that much money. I was thinking more along the lines of a CV70 (since i can't/don't want to afford the '59 Epi or a low end Gibson/Fender) and like a small Orange amp. Something in the $75-$150 range.

I'll probably buy nothing. Already wishing i had got the Fender HSS at Guitar Center while i was there Thursday night. Then i wouldn't have to think about it anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Deej said:

Classic Vibes are nice guitars. You are only missing the Fender logo and you can't see it while you're playing, anyway.

Good point 

any advice on cheap small amps? I had a little pig nose amp one time. I liked that little bastard lol

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

How does the Spark do with non-cowboy chords?  For example, if I'm trying to pick out a jazz progression with crazy diminished chords etc.?  Ever put it to the test in that way?

1 hour ago, ohchaucer said:

That slow/loop feature makes it worth it to me. I’m still very novice so picking / strumming along to shit I like to listen to is 99% and I’ll tell you, in a single sit down, I hit pause and slide the slider on Tidal back half an inch over and over and over again.

FYI…

THE SPARK APP IS FREE!!

No one needs to buy the amp just to use the app. 

(Unless something has changed.)

For the beginner, the app is so much more important than the amp. You don’t need an amp of any kind. Just download the app and start practicing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

FYI…

THE SPARK APP IS FREE!!

No one needs to buy the amp just to use the app. 

(Unless something has changed.)

For the beginner, the app is so much more important than the amp. You don’t need an amp of any kind. Just download the app and start practicing. 

I think you are right.

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Not sure i was planning on spending that much money. I was thinking more along the lines of a CV70 (since i can't/don't want to afford the '59 Epi or a low end Gibson/Fender) and like a small Orange amp. Something in the $75-$150 range.

I'll probably buy nothing. Already wishing i had got the Fender HSS at Guitar Center while i was there Thursday night. Then i wouldn't have to think about it anymore. 

Here are a few options: 

wolf music has 15%off all Fenders right now with code fender15  https://www.wolfmusiccompany.com They have some CV strats 

$423.27 with the discount.  https://www.wolfmusiccompany.com/products/sq-cv-70s-strat-hss-mn-blk?variant=41589471183011

Empire music has "B Stock" Fender's that are really just sale guitars that they can't list as "sale". My Noventa was perfect. It was set up extremely well including addressing any fret end issues that cheaper Fenders tend to have out of the box. If you call them and order directly from their website instead of reverb it is free shipping and no sales tax. If you order from reverb, there is sales tax. 

https://reverb.com/item/50090360-fender-player-stratocaster-hss-black-60396     $747.99 all in if you order direct. It's the same 15% but no sales tax like Wolf

• Hook 'Em 1

Here are a few options: 
wolf music has 15%off all Fenders right now with code fender15  https://www.wolfmusiccompany.com They have some CV strats 

$423.27 with the discount.  https://www.wolfmusiccompany.com/products/sq-cv-70s-strat-hss-mn-blk?variant=41589471183011
Empire music has "B Stock" Fender's that are really just sale guitars that they can't list as "sale". My Noventa was perfect. It was set up extremely well including addressing any fret end issues that cheaper Fenders tend to have out of the box. If you call them and order directly from their website instead of reverb it is free shipping and no sales tax. If you order from reverb, there is sales tax. 

https://reverb.com/item/50090360-fender-player-stratocaster-hss-black-60396     $747.99 all in if you order direct. It's the same 15% but no sales tax like Wolf

Man I like that American Pro II in surf green or Olympic white. Dig the road worn gold Vintera too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

To determine the average rig, the retailer observed its best-selling gear lists and the Reverb Price Guide, and found that players most commonly own one or two electric guitars, one acoustic guitar, a guitar amp and a small collection of pedals.

That's cute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

I wanna know what bogey does for a living to buy all that gear.

Not that I would because I just don't room for it, but my wife would sniff out every piece of gear I got and remind me I'm still a shitty player and should just play with what I have and stop buying new guitars.

Help run a small business. I don’t make a ton but I’ve saved every stinking penny for these moments. Wife and I have been on 2 vacations together since 2010. So for example 3k Mexico trip or new guitar? Welp we know the answer to this don’t we 

On 2/21/2022 at 11:35 AM, Deej said:

I'm sure it's great, but my personal experience with modelers is option overload and I end up playing less than I would straight into an amp with just tone and volume knobs to screw with. 

This is my reason for ditching the large pedal board for two smaller ones (nano/nano+), the larger of which I never have used in a group setting, as well as my "4 knobs max per pedal" rule, which only has two exceptions---the PiPhase (Biphase clone) and the Biegle FX Trutron 3x (revised Mutron III), and no more pedals with internal dip switches for custom tweaking. 

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, dcbc said:

This is my reason for ditching the large pedal board for two smaller ones (nano/nano+), the larger of which I never have used in a group setting, as well as my "4 knobs max per pedal" rule, which only has two exceptions---the PiPhase (Biphase clone) and the Biegle FX Trutron 3x (revised Mutron III), and no more pedals with internal dip switches for custom tweaking. 

I’m close to the point where anything more than guitar and amp is overload. I have a clean boost from Vintage47 that I put in front of my amps, and any effects are whatever is onboard a particular amp. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I may end up asking for a Spark amp for my birthday. Keep us posted on your thoughts Butch. I like the idea of it auto pulling chords and being able to look for a certain sound like Duff G&R or whatever. 

That Mesa looks absolutely unbelievable. I would not even know where to start. My "tones" are Clean, a little Dirt, a little more Dirt, P bass dimed, P bass tone rolled off. 

• Hook 'Em 1