The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Just now, Butch Had Not said:

this one looks better to me. Something about that blue I wasn't liking. 

Her haircut looks better on her, but her singing voice is just awful. 

The sunburst… tried, true, kind of tired, but is never bad. It will always be fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Welp, I just did a thing. Bought myself a dedicated metal guitar. 

Schecter Omen Extreme 7 in Black Cherry. Arriving sometime next week.

WI21091201-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

I love my Tele as my primary guitar but it's just not suitable for playing heavy.  Also, kinda always wanted a 7 string since I was a teenager. Only about 25 years late to form a nu metal band!

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

I love my Tele as my primary guitar but it's just not suitable for playing heavy.  Also, kinda always wanted a 7 string since I was a teenager. Only about 25 years late to form a nu metal band!

Keff'd hafta take two strings off.

Cool looking guitar...

I don't play metal at all and I wish I had a metal guitar.

That Fender (not the super strat- that's rad. the meteora) is cool but I see it and think of several Ernie Ball Music Man guitars that scratch that itch better for me

850d2d3f-d74b-4ca5-b967-9078800a87c8.c94

Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Mariposa.jpg?v=1569

ernie-ball-music-man-st-vincent-signatur

wrong shape headstock for the last one though

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

I had something similar...

I wished I played it more. Became my primary trade piece and ended up with a Mexican strat. I already had my LTD for my metal though it wasn't 7.

20210723_143033.thumb.jpg.907089eb9a065586103926017f8d45b7.jpg

18 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I like that Meteora, except the selector switch looks way too close to the strings. Like, WAY too close. I feel like I’d be hitting it all the time.

???  I wouldn't get anywhere near that switch.  Do you pick/strum up near the neck?

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I don't play metal at all and I wish I had a metal guitar.

That Fender (not the super strat- that's rad. the meteora) is cool but I see it and think of several Ernie Ball Music Man guitars that scratch that itch better for me

850d2d3f-d74b-4ca5-b967-9078800a87c8.c94

An Armada will be part of the collection someday, even though I'm more of a Cheeto dude. They all dropped off the face of the Earth it seems. Shame. That black/grey number is all the sex.

Edited by BoomMF

17 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Looked at this guitar on Sweetwater to scratch the metal itch! Didn’t pull the trigger please report back or dm me what you get it

20 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Jim Root would like a word with you.

Fender stated they were trying to attract a new younger generation of players with the Player Plus series. I like that they are putting out some new shapes. I can't say that I love this one, but I don't hate it. Some of the color ways like Tequila Sunrise and Belaire Blue fades are a bit much, but I hope they are ultimately successful. Honestly, it gets a bit boring with Tele, Strat and LP versions re-done over and over. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topochico said:

Fender stated they were trying to attract a new younger generation of players with the Player Plus series. I like that they are putting out some new shapes. I can't say that I love this one, but I don't hate it. Some of the color ways like Tequila Sunrise and Belaire Blue fades are a bit much, but I hope they are ultimately successful. Honestly, it gets a bit boring with Tele, Strat and LP versions re-done over and over. 

Agree.  It’s a nice looking guitar.  I have a bit of a soft spot for oddballs though.  My first guitar was a silvertone 1448, my friend had a melody maker, and another friend had a reverse firebird that would probably be worth close to $20k today.   

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

John Mayer? David Gilmour? Prince?

Just some guitar faces that come to mind. 

The opposite to this of course is Mark Knopfler. I once saw him do the entire Sulton solo without moving his feet, and just staring around like he was waiting on a bus. I get that he was tired of the fucking song, but damn.