Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, closetojumping said:

Agreed. He's one of three who are worth a fuck.

Yep. Hand, Beck, Washington. After that, there’s a decent gap. Naivar’s not bad but it took Washington taking over Sterns’ recruitment to get him to flip.

after that, all the other position coaches on staff are below average recruiters for a major program.

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Hand, Beck, Washington. After that, there’s a decent gap. Naivar’s not bad but it took Washington taking over Sterns’ recruitment to get him to flip.  after that, all the other position coaches on staff are below average recruiters for a major program.

Right there with yah.  While some Surly folks in the know give Beck credit for recruiting success,  I've read a few recent posts still wanting Tim gone.  Just wanted to reinforce how much Beck has helped with recruiting -- his Zona connections sure help!!

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Hand, Beck, Washington. After that, there’s a decent gap. Naivar’s not bad but it took Washington taking over Sterns’ recruitment to get him to flip.

after that, all the other position coaches on staff are below average recruiters for a major program.

Washington is a neighbor and should have been on him the entire time, was on him most of his recruitment. Who gets credit for Overshawn, Adimora & Owens? I would have Naiver in that top tier.

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

Take Lindberg and the big Balkan kid from Dallas and call it a day on the OL.  

When/if I have time tomorrow, I'll throw out some more bullshit on the 2020 class. That considered, there's a decent shot it is one or the other, to total four. The SLC guy is for sure a tackle, and he'll commit if pushed. Others might burn enough daylight that they'll be headed elsewhere. Talk of a smaller class continues as of now. We'll see. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1