Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It would take some serious Herman coming to Jesus with his buddies versus building a championship staff, but I have every confidence Beaty could be a RB coach. He's been around a long time. Worst case Samples gives it a shot.

You can Wareheim and Meekins or Meh. Maybe you can all 3. Roll in Samples and Beaty at those to spots, respectively. Hire another guy for DL. Done. 

That still leaves fedora on the bench. Maybe he and Beaty are happy taking a step back for a season or two after the demands of being hfc for a few years, and will be available if and when coaches need to be replaced. 

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That still leaves fedora on the bench. Maybe he and Beaty are happy taking a step back for a season or two after the demands of being hfc for a few years, and will be available if and when coaches need to be replaced. 

Fedora and Beaty still getting money from previous HC jobs (assuming Beaty wins lawsuit vs Kansas).  Neither may want an assistant job for 2019 due to offset language from UNC/Kansas contracts...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No no no, that's not how this works. 

If after the dust settles, and you were right about melting down, then Freaking Out and Pissing Down Our Legs magically transforms into Being Prescient and Intelligent. And everyone on the opposite side becomes Greg Davis Sunshine Pumping eCheese's. 

Personally, I'm willing to risk being a pants pissing pussy rubber over  being like eCheese, but life is all about choices. 

The real question is...

Is it better to be a pants pissing pussy rubber than a buttsweating pig fucker!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fedora likely won’t join the staff unless OC opens up. Otherwise, he’ll likely get hired at least as an OC elsewhere next season.  I can’t see him being willing to just be a position coach next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stampeder said:

There's more than one way to build a championship program

If we are judging by Clemson, TH is ahead of schedule. It wasn't until Dabo's 3rd year that he had a 10 win season after a sub .500 regression in year 2. 

I agree that it's time to move on from a few coaches, but I'm not discouraged by the direction of the program when contrasting it with a perennial contender we seem to be attempting to emulate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

We're not Clemson or Bama but we're not Washington or Michigan either. We don't curl up in a ball when we have to play our rival like Michigan does, and we don't come up short consistently in marquee OOC games like UW has.

We are kind of singular as a program right now, and that's why nobody can figure us out.

Texas is not anywhere close to the level of Clemson or Bama, true.   Texas is also not above Washington's level.  

Washington has 32 wins, two Pac12 titles, and one CFP appearance in the past 3 seasons.   

Texas fits in somewhere in the Stanford / Oregon / Michigan / Wisconsin / A&M / LSU / Auburn / Penn State / Iowa / Notre Dame / Georgia / Michigan / Washington pecking order of second-tier teams.   

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 25

Kind of sad I am reading that given the blue blood storied history of the University of Texas football program, that we are trying to set up a model to get to Clemson's level now.   And some new poster is comparing us to Washington and aggy.  I think Darrell Royal left Washington as fast as he could.  Since Mack ran the program into the ground, Charlie patted it down and SEC bagmen  are running wild paying Addias trainers, fuck my life.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Suit yourself. Even if he gets the best coaching in the world, I seriously doubt he'll be more than "good" (which, of course, would be better than what we're likely to end up with) but back in January and February, when such plans should have been made, there were a ton of guys as good or better available who ought to have been priorities.

List those guys please. 

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Lol that list makes 0 sense. Did you just go to 247 and randomly choose 4 guys higher than Broughton? Or is there some kind of thought process behind it? 

Everybody we should have taken a shot at and should have including Bressee.  Ohio State and Alabama give no shits about throwing out early offers for the cream of the crop.  We sit on our asses recruiting one Texas high school blue chip, hoping aggy does not steal him, while also hoping we don't piss off the North Shore coaches.    

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Everybody we should have taken a shot at and should have including Bressee.  Ohio State and Alabama give no shits about throwing out early offers for the cream of the crop.  We sit on our asses recruiting one Texas high school blue chip, hoping aggy does not steal him, while also hoping we don't piss off the North Shore coaches.    

LMAO you think this is really about early offers?

8 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

So there is one true blue chip in Texas, Broughton and we do everything we can to land him and lose?  I guess we need to get Clint Hurtt to give us a look asap.    Maybe he will fare better than Rumph, Haley and Giles.  I also thought that Tommie Robinson was the shit until he wasn't.  I guess unless you are cheating at SEC levels recruiting is a crapshoot.    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

No, it's about no offers at all, when you look at it. Broughton or nothing? What the hell kind of strategy is that?

When did we get Omari Thomas, McKinnley Jackson, Jacobian Guillory, or half a dozen other guys to even look at us? And that's before we even start talking about jucos like Feltes, Joseph, Bankston, etc.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No, it's about no offers at all, when you look at it. Broughton or nothing? What the hell kind of strategy is that?

When did we get Omari Thomas, McKinnley Jackson, Jacobian Guillory, or half a dozen other guys to even look at us? And that's before we even start talking about jucos like Feltes, Joseph, Bankston, etc.

2 hours ago, UpperDeschutes said:

Texas is not anywhere close to the level of Clemson or Bama, true.   Texas is also not above Washington's level.  

Washington has 32 wins, two Pac12 titles, and one CFP appearance in the past 3 seasons.   

Texas fits in somewhere in the Stanford / Oregon / Michigan / Wisconsin / A&M / LSU / Auburn / Penn State / Iowa / Notre Dame / Georgia / Michigan / Washington pecking order of second-tier teams.   

What an ignorant take...

Siap...

Temple WR Quentin Johnson has a top four of Baylor, TCU, Texas, and Oklahoma. He’s not sure when he’s going to make his decision, but he’s going to (finally) create some social media to do it. A homie feel and a good business school will be big factors in that choice. 

3:31 PM · Jun 28, 2019

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Anyway, getting back to recruits, here's one safety from east Texas that we should be in contact with in case Washington goes to OU and Alford is more interested in playing for Bama.

https://247sports.com/player/jerrin-thompson-46050436/

I like this kid. Any idea if we’ve been in touch or if there’s any interest? 

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap...

Temple WR Quentin Johnson has a top four of Baylor, TCU, Texas, and Oklahoma. He’s not sure when he’s going to make his decision, but he’s going to (finally) create some social media to do it. A homie feel and a good business school will be big factors in that choice. 

3:31 PM · Jun 28, 2019

I know losing Bru is a bummer. But bringing in Smith, Washington, Lewis. With Eagles, Woodard, Moore all in the fold. I'd be totally fine with Johnston and possibly winning out the Wilson recruitment(long shot I know) and maybe Mookie or JJ and be cool with it. 

10 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

So there is one true blue chip in Texas, Broughton and we do everything we can to land him and lose?  I guess we need to get Clint Hurtt to give us a look asap.    Maybe he will fare better than Rumph, Haley and Giles.  I also thought that Tommie Robinson was the shit until he wasn't.  I guess unless you are cheating at SEC levels recruiting is a crapshoot.    

Funny you mention Tommie Robinson. He was the shit, till he was at texas and sucked, and then when he left he suddenly had a renaissance of recruiting success.  Hes the shit again! Do you know where hes fucking coaching? Guess. 

I wouldn’t go so far as calling it a crapahoot, but if you want to use that analogy, fine. In this scenario texas, with Giles, is showing up to the table with one die, especially in hotly contested high blue chip recruitments. 

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Funny you mention Tommie Robinson. He was the shit, till he was at texas and sucked, and then when he left he suddenly had a renaissance of recruiting success.  Hes the shit again! Do you know where hes fucking coaching? Guess. 

I wouldn’t go so far as calling it a crapahoot, but if you want to use that analogy, fine. In this scenario texas, with Giles, is showing up to the table with one die, especially in hotly contested high blue chip recruitments. 

nm

Edited by Stampeder

12 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Yes we absolutely have to land guys like Broughton and Bijian, because we can not land the Evans and Breeses of the world. Some of you guys are still living in 2002 the game has changed and Texas was dead for almost a decade. We’re Texas means nothing past the Sabine. We have to lock down the recruits we need in our territory because it becomes 10x harder to win battles in other territory especially the SEC.  Every battle for the instate Top 100 player we lose means we are forced to pick up a Top 500 player from out of state. A&M bringing the fucking snakes from the SEC into Texas only makes this job more difficult. The dead weight on this staff means we are often poaching Top 500 kids from programs like TCU and Arkansas and that’s not how you build a title winning team.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

No one is slouching through the valley of the shadow.  We are slouching towards Bethlehem. 

Twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,and what rough beast, its hour come round at last? That's right, folks. Texas is back.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,and what rough beast, its hour come round at last? That's right, folks. Texas is back.

Ere thrice the sun hath done salutation to the dawn, the crow of bitchassedness shall cock three times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I can’t keep up with these new references. Can we go back to something easy, like cheese?

There's nothing simpler:  Yeats' middle name was Butler; Richard II was probably not gay, but that is the best way to portray him on stage, Adam Bede was hardly venerable, and the Texas football team is going to fuck some people up come Saturdays in the fall. There's no need to bring cheese into it.