Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Hand nonsense aside, Card looks really skinny.  I thought he was supposed to have filled out some this year?

He is going to be a Senior in HS man, he will not start here for 3-4 more years.

Everyone is sleeping on Casey, good luck. Coach thinks he is a better version of Greg Ward, the QB who led them to a 13-1 record and beat the fuck out of Jimbo and Mayfield/Riley. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

He is going to be a Senior in HS man, he will not start here for 3-4 more years.

Everyone is sleeping on Casey, good luck. Coach thinks he is a better version of Greg Ward, the QB who led them to a 13-1 record and beat the fuck out of Jimbo and Mayfield/Riley. 

I love the shit out of any of the possible futures involving Thompson, RoJo, JQJ, or Card. Any of those four have the potential to be "the guy". 'member when we were all praying for Ash to stay healthy? I 'member.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

I never said you made a pronouncement of fact, so I’m just going to ignore the nonsensical distinctions you think you’re making. 

You said above there’s a greater than 50% chance Card will be much better than King, meaning you think there’s a less than 50% chance for all other outcomes, including Card being slightly better, then being even, or King being better. Considering that most people would have King above Card but both are fairly low-ceiling prospects considering their rankings, meaning there’s not likely to be some huge separation between the two, so it’s hard to see how you get to your prediction of greater than 50% chance Card is a lot better. 

It’s difficult to say that someone’s evaluation of a prospect is flat out wrong but with your high-floor, low-ceiling eval of Broughton and your predictions of Card v King, it sure seems you like to toe that line.

b75aac8036806aa6bd387a26eae4ab83.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

nope... like i said, "rumor" being reported on 24/7 by one of the posters on their ransom thread.  not sure if it's even true

The Ransom story came from Wiltfong (I think). Ransom was asked about his top 3 and he replied "LSU, Ohio State, and Notre Dame" before hastily correcting himself and replacing LSU with Texas.

The Zach Evans story came from Suchomel. Evans left because one of the defensive players at the camp (speculation that it was Flowe) was deliberately trying to injure players on offense.

19 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The Zach Evans story came from Suchomel. Evans left because one of the defensive players at the camp (speculation that it was Flowe) was deliberately trying to injure players on offense.

Bitch moves on both ends

7 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

You said above there’s a greater than 50% chance Card will be much better than King, meaning you think there’s a less than 50% chance for all other outcomes, including Card being slightly better, then being even, or King being better. Considering that most people would have King above Card but both are fairly low-ceiling prospects considering their rankings, meaning there’s not likely to be some huge separation between the two, so it’s hard to see how you get to your prediction of greater than 50% chance Card is a lot better. 

It’s difficult to say that someone’s evaluation of a prospect is flat out wrong but with your high-floor, low-ceiling eval of Broughton and your predictions of Card v King, it sure seems you like to toe that line.

you’re such a pedantic bitch.  he’s just throwing shit against a wall like you are.  no difference.  what are your qualifications for talent evaluation?  played high school football?  wow you’re special.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

So I’m willing to pitch in for the Flowe recruiting fund. Who’s with me?

25 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’re such a pedantic bitch.  he’s just throwing shit against a wall like you are.  no difference.  what are your qualifications for talent evaluation?  played high school football?  wow you’re special.  

Actually, if I were to choose a more accurate description of my musings, it would be less like throwing shit against a wall and more like tossing pizza dough during a sandstorm. It's an analogy that is no more accurate, but it at least opens the possibility of talking about cheese.

1 hour ago, trythisathome said:

Is this just a gut feeling or a legitimate reason to not fill the board with cheese puns? 

He thinks the 995ers will be adelost for words around then and will start throwing shit against the wall wrt RB recruiting

1 hour ago, futureman said:

You’re starting to look like a thirsty bitch.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wiltfong is going to be very smug if everything from his article comes to pass (besides Crawford).

As he should be. We shitted all over him because we put too much faith in our worthless, sunshine pumping 9.95’ers and their overconfident Texas sources. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

@Machinator if not too much trouble, please post  Wiltfong article that you are referring to.  Thanks!

something along the lines that Florida was a real threat and could be leading for him (Rodgers).  Board, myself included, laughed because TFB had said we lead for his services.

If Rogers commits to Florida, throw out everything you assumed about a 2020 recruit that you obtained from any Texas site or any source connected to the Texas staff. I fucking hope this is bull shit. Because it’s yell out your safe word time of it happens. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is looking like a transition class.

Yeah... this staff is struggling big time this cycle.  Not sure why coming off a year where we played for the conference title and won a big game against UGA in the sugar bowl.  The last two cycles we had around 15 or so recruits committed by now.  This year we are at 7.  I wonder why the staff is struggling this class.  Most of the recruits seem unsure about Texas.  Losing Rodgers to UF would be pathetic.  They don’t offer anything that we don’t at Texas.  Staff is straight up getting worked this cycle.

Edited by victory88

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Not sure why coming off a year where we played for the conference title and won a big game against UGA in the sugar bowl.  

Somehow the most notable effect from our biggest win in the past decade has come in the form of being used as negative recruiting against us. If there's one thing that's struck me the most this cycle so far, it's that the staff has a very hard time countering the bullshit that other schools are pumping into these recruits' heads about us.  

Edited by trythisathome
  • Like 1

Rogers info.

Stampini: 
He spoke very highly of UF. Noted Torrian Gray's CB development, and later added player development is a key factor in his decision. Seemed to give pretty vanilla answers when asked about Texas.

I decided to go on a limb by myself and pick UF for Rogers. 

Wiltfong's comments: 
Luke's information on this recruitment puts me over the top and I'll join him on the Crystal Ball forecast.

Been hearing for weeks UF was in a good spot for Rogers, obviously he took his official visit to Austin in late June and I thought the Longhorns had ground to make up going into that visit per a source close to Rogers.

Sounds like UF is still the one to beat. 

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah... this staff is struggling big time this cycle.  Not sure why coming off a year where we played for the conference title and won a big game against UGA in the sugar bowl.  The last two cycles we had around 15 or so recruits committed by now.  This year we are at 7.  I wonder why the staff is struggling this class.  Most of the recruits seem unsure about Texas.  Losing Rodgers to UF would be pathetic.  They don’t offer anything that we don’t at Texas.  Staff is straight up getting worked this cycle.

• Like 1