Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

55 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Fresh batch of Ohio State tears incoming

I would have preferred Milton, this guy and whoever else Ohio State is going after wait until after Friday to commit to their respective schools. But whatever 

Edited by GotThatFire

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Exactly. Beginning with the Woody Hayes Era, tOSU has been unbelievably fortunate with head coaches. When John Cooper and Earle Bruce are your two worst coaches in 70 years, something is going right. 

I think you missed my point, sir. That’s being the guy looking at the roulette wheel looking at the color history, seeing red 8 times and thinking black must be a lock. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

5 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Day/hartline and OSU are pulling in an insane WR haul for 2020... Insane.  Mookie is their lowest rated WR out of 4 .  Their weak link might actually be at QB though, I have little faith in Justin fields to win the big game

I heard their QB commit, Jack Miller, is allegedly a raper.

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Well, if what Keith Niebuhr's saying is true, CTJ wants to come here regardless.

I don't know why his family is pushing him to Auburn of all places though... You'd expect things like depth chart/the SEC pitch to influence the kid more than the parents.

There's always an uncle...

10 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Their weak link might actually be at QB though, I have little faith in Justin fields to win the big game

I think I liked you better when you only lurked here..dude has barely seen the field in college

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Paul Thompson

Still won the Big 12 with Thompson in probably Chinless Bob's best season of coaching. Paul was a good solider for them. They moved to WR, then every QB they had gets hurt and he moves back to QB. No wonder younger bro wanted to go to Texas. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

How much development does a disgruntled guy like that get while searching for a place to be handed the starting role on a platter?  I won't debate his talent, which is off the charts, but he's mentally a true freshman... Maybe next year he will take them somewhere, but I expect OSU's ceiling will be limited by fields' decision making 

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Still won the Big 12 with Thompson in probably Chinless Bob's best season of coaching. Paul was a good solider for them. They moved to WR, then every QB they had gets hurt and he moves back to QB. No wonder younger bro wanted to go to Texas. 

See above. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hahahahahaha - what the fuck?

That looks like a new video shoot. I'll see what there is to know, if anything. If we lose this guy to the fucking Auburn shitshow, I hope every aggie involved with moving their bitchasses to the SEC dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahaha - what the fuck?

That looks like a new video shoot. I'll see what there is to know, if anything. If we lose this guy to the fucking Auburn shitshow, I hope every aggie involved with moving their bitchasses to the SEC dies of gonorrhea and rots in hell.

Our DB recruiting is kind of a shit show this year. Obviously it gets a pass given how we wrecked shop the last two years but holy hell this year has gone to shit. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Our DB recruiting is kind of a shit show this year. Obviously it gets a pass given how we wrecked shop the last two years but holy hell this year has gone to shit. 

Crawford and JThompson is a tasty ETX double act, but losing CTJ would be full-scale wtf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

We can't sell on-the-field success (one 10-win season can easily be dismissed as a fluke), we can't sell success in the NFL Draft, and we can't sell early playing time because the depth chart is packed.

It's a perfect storm for negative recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1