Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

34 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Gotta say that a good byproduct effect of these recruiting battles between UT and Aggy will hopefully be the depletion of talent acquisition by BlowU over time in the Texas

32 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

That's bad.  We want OU to be good so it means more when we beat them. Aggy can be bad and all that means is good. 

18 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

OU will get theirs regardless. 

We've been waiting for OU to sink into suckitude for two decades. I don't see it happening any time soon. We just need to start beating them more often than they beat us and win some goddamn conference championships. When that happens, we make the playoffs. After that, fuck everything and everyone else. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

will never understand why Ohio State people think Texas is supposed to be totally bent out of shape over losing Garrett Wilson

Probably because our school has several major message boards. And some of said boards contain an abundance of dramatic idiots. Sort of like if this board consisted entirely of Satya's.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Personally, I'm not willing to count any chickens while Stan Drayton is on the case. Lets hope the parents have this kid shut down completely. 

Same. I just don't like that Andrew Ellis is reporting it. If it were some douche nozzle from their 247 site then I wouldn't give a damn but Ellis generally has a pretty good idea of whats going on in that program. 

Edit: just going to point out that I got this info from Frenzy's tweets. I don't have 247 access so i don't really know the whole spectrum of what was said. i just know andrew ellis is the one saying it and that the gist was that "it's not over."

Edited by NameNotFound

Same. I just don't like that Andrew Ellis is reporting it. If it were some douche nozzle from their 247 site then I wouldn't give a damn but Ellis generally has a pretty good idea of whats going on in that program. 
Edit: just going to point out that I got this info from Frenzy's tweets. I don't have 247 access so i don't really know the whole spectrum of what was said. i just know andrew ellis is the one saying it and that the gist was that "it's not over."
On the rivals front page.
That is some kinda nugget. That will be $9.95 please9970d453c40ade4598fc6c38534acecb.jpg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Love this.  I fact, with "fuck you" Michael Dell money, I'd sponsor every former Texas player on the planet to open similar training facilities - all with the implied directive to funnel every pipe hitter back towards Austin.  

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

What do you guys make of this CTJ waffling and considering Auburn talk? 

Probably too little, too late. Seems like maybe CTJr. maybe just wasn't comfortable with everyone assuming he was coming to UT and wanted to increase the pucker factor of the surly board. Just feels like ye olde 9.95 baiting. 

Edited by NameNotFound

1 minute ago, NameNotFound said:

Probably too little, too late. Seems like maybe CTJr. maybe just wasn't comfortable with everyone assuming he was coming to UT and wanted to make increase the pucker factor of the surly board. Just feels like ye olde 9.95 baiting. 

All 10 CBs currently on the good guys a day out from declaring.  It's plausible AU could pull the surprise, but history would indicate it's not likely.  

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Love this.  I fact, with "fuck you" Michael Dell money, I'd sponsor every former Texas player on the planet to open similar training facilities - all with the implied directive to funnel every pipe hitter back towards Austin.  

Do we really want kids hitting the pipe on the 40 acres?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

That's bad.  We want OU to be good so it means more when we beat them. Aggy can be bad and all that means is good. 

Nah. Fuck OU. I hope they never win another game. Someone will fill the vacuum and we can beat that replacement team. 

• Like 6