Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Depends entirely on the system they go into. It's entirely subjective, but I actually prefer Robinson as a system fit for Texas; you could easily make an argument for Milton or Jase, too, though. Evans really needs to go to a more traditional (read: boring) scheme, where he'll be asked to focus on being an every down bull-ahead kind of back. He honestly ought to go to Wisconsin, if it were just a football question; I would call him almost a lock for a Heisman if he did that. Instead, he'll end up going $EC! $EC! $EC! where, in spite of probably having more innate talent than the other three, he'll more than likely end up being the least productive of those four.

I'm willing to bet Milton will end up with the highest total yards of all of them by the time their college careers are over. But if we get Robinson, that would be the outcome that would make me happiest.

Assuming he doesn't have a nasty knee injury at Georgia.

2 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Is it just me or does TFB have a paywall Collins update about him on campus tonight?  Surprised that has gone unmentioned so far

No, it was about his visit this weekend. They are absolutely awful about titling their posts with precise language.

Edited by Machinator

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Depends entirely on the system they go into. It's entirely subjective, but I actually prefer Robinson as a system fit for Texas; you could easily make an argument for Milton or Jase, too, though. Evans really needs to go to a more traditional (read: boring) scheme, where he'll be asked to focus on being an every down bull-ahead kind of back. He honestly ought to go to Wisconsin, if it were just a football question; I would call him almost a lock for a Heisman if he did that. Instead, he'll end up going $EC! $EC! $EC! where, in spite of probably having more innate talent than the other three, he'll more than likely end up being the least productive of those four.

I'm willing to bet Milton will end up with the highest total yards of all of them by the time their college careers are over. But if we get Robinson, that would be the outcome that would make me happiest.

So Evans should go to a “bull-ahead” offense like Wisconsin instead of Georgia, Bama, LSU, etc because it’s a better scheme fit?

• Like 1

Is it just me or does TFB have a paywall Collins update about him on campus tonight?  Surprised that has gone unmentioned so far

Oh great, another onacomputer sock. Care to share your thoughts on EJ, too?

23 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Milton is still likely Georgia bound, right? Watching Bama crawl back to Evans is going to be entertaining as hell. 

Hoping for Evans to LSU and McClellan to Bama, so that OU, A&M, and Ohio State all lose at 5* RB musical chairs 

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So at this point how many Bijan picks aren’t Texas? I’m curious how much of a run are we seeing at this point

Still some Ohio state ones and then a 50/50 split between Texas and foggy. The important thing IMO is none to USC so far

actual count 4 Texas/6 foggy and 4 still on Ohio state 

Edited by RGBIII

could give a flip about Bijan CBs right now... I would put more stock in CTJ's info on this than what damon sayles or whoever other dummy with a vote on 247 thinks

CTJ building an army with new posters, interesting.

6 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Princely U does not seem at all likely.  Wouldn't need him anyway if Collins commits and the rest hold

I’d also add in a LB like Scott (or that one from AZ who’s name I can’t remember) even if it’s just a place holder for a late bloomer or JUCO.

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I’d also add in a LB like Scott (or that one from AZ who’s name I can’t remember) even if it’s just a place holder for a late bloomer or JUCO.

Damian Sellers?  without Ringo to help with him that's not realistic either imo... I'm starting to think the staff views CTJr as a take that will assist with LB workload

• Like 1

Just now, squeegeedegg said:

Damian Sellers?  without Ringo to help with him that's not realistic either imo... I'm starting to think the staff views CTJr as a take that will assist with LB workload

That was it, yeah like I said I’d add one of them even if it’s just a calculator placeholder for mid range LB.

20 hours ago, Bevo said:

Maybe, but he is right about the order of schools. And Scripps amd Pomona are also part of the Claremont College school system.

I'm well aware of the Claremont Colleges.  I grew up 10 miles away.   I was accepted to Pitzer, and I regularly fucked a Scripps girl for 2 years.  I've spent a lot of time there.  I've had hundreds of pitchers at the Buffalo Inn.  I've bought 2 guitars from the Folk Music Store.

CLAREMONT IS NOT L.A. 

If Bijan, Thompson Jr., Thompson, and Johnston commit to Texas, my recruiting priority list is:

Collins

CB2 (hopefully Pouncey or flip Jahari Rogers)

Rover/Mac LB (not Brennon Scott)

RB2 (hopefully Ty Jordan)

HWR (hopefully Bunkley-Shelton if grades check out)

XWR

Boundary and/or Field safety

Late bloomer DL or Princely, if he wants in

Late bloomer OL

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Also, we'll see what happens, but this is lining up for a possible 4 commits in 4 days spree, with Jerrin Thompson's announcement date the only wildcard.

Edit: Wells says "next week or so" for Jerrin.

Commitment video. And there's something new about you Machinator, is it by chance the avatar? lulz.

5 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Let's be honest.  JQJ at LB, WOULD NOT SUCK... He would be elite at WR as well, depending on where Yancy takes him

He just started coming around to being a college QB at the beginning of this spring camp circuit, won't be hard to talk him out of it either imo

JQJ is a QB and we shouldn’t talk him out of it 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm well aware of the Claremont Colleges.  I grew up 10 miles away.   I was accepted to Pitzer, and I regularly fucked a Scripps girl for 2 years.  I've spent a lot of time there.  I've had hundreds of pitchers at the Buffalo Inn.  I've bought 2 guitars from the Folk Music Store.

CLAREMONT IS NOT L.A. 

That is like saying Baltimore isn't in the DC area. Claremont is on the eastern edge of LA county and was recently rated in the top 20 places to live in the Los Angeles area. But I lived in the Bay Area (Capitola) and have never humble bragged about dating a girl from the Claremont colleges, so what do I know?

8 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

The 4i or 4 tech (inside) is when the D-lineman lines up on the Center side of the Tackle. Basically the inside shoulder of the Tackle. This is only done when you have a 3 man front because the linebacker typically lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle in a 3-4 base scheme. Princely swears he’s a traditional DE in a 4 man front and that’s exactly what Aggy is selling him on.

here is a visual version of what he is saying if that helps?

spacer.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sith_horn said:

Wouldn't it be an odd twist if we missed on Jordan and somehow managed to scoop up EJ Smith? No buzz on him at all I know although he does have an offer. The howling from Buckeye nation would be epic. That might actually be a twofer. Isn't he an Aggie target too?

everyone under the sun says that isn't going to happen and someone recently said they thought he was Stanford bound

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That is like saying Baltimore isn't in the DC area. Claremont is on the eastern edge of LA county and was recently rated in the top 20 places to live in the Los Angeles area. But I lived in the Bay Area (Capitola) and have never humble bragged about dating a girl from the Claremont colleges, so what do I know?

Nobody gives a shit about this discussion, can y’all take it to the geography board?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

CLAREMONT IS NOT L.A. 

Neither is Palo Alto. But both are in the greater LA area. 

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

USC will win 9+ games this year. 

Smith is a slot. He’s not an RB. That’s part of the problem with them figuring out where he’s going. Many schools like him as a slot, but not as RB. ATM saying whatever the player and family wants to hear should work in their favor here, but the dad has dealt with smarter hucksters than the crew at ATM. 

I'd be perfectly content if they won 8-9 every year and didn't sniff their championship game or a major bowl.  Keeps Helton there longer.

Edited by Stampeder